Game Day Adelaide v Hawks on the fork - Adelaide Oval, 4:05pm Sat March 23

Winning Margin for the Game?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Red Alert 🚨

Mackay actually starting on-field

The conspiracy theorist in me still reckon he’s been earmarked as Brown’s replacement not Kelly like everyone thinks

Red Alert 🚨

Mackay actually starting on-field

The conspiracy theorist in me still reckon he’s been earmarked as Brown’s replacement not Kelly like everyone thinks

Well, considering Mackay is starting on a wing, that is truly a conspiracy theory.

But logic suggests he will start there since he came in for Seeds

Did he though? Not saying he won’t play wing but part of me still feels if he was fit during JLT he would of played defence in Brown’s spot, Pyke does like to play Kelly as the extra defending option anyway so he’s not exactly Brown’s replacement

Clarko has been using the same game plan for many years, so it shouldn't be a surprise, yet we keep succumbing to it. If we adopt the normal Pyke mantra of "playing our way", without paying the oppo any attention, we will be doomed to repeat history. If we actually plan for the oppo coherently, we should win. If I see them handball sideways from congestion on the flank, to an unmarked player in the corridor, who then dobs a long goal, I will spew.
It's a difficult balance to hit. Richmonds issues prior to Caracella getting there was they could prep awesomely to stop their opposition, but often lacked any style of their own to win a game. So you need to continue playing the way you play, I don't think you can ever ignore that, but there of course you need to be conscious of what the opposition does.

What I was getting at is that if we roll over and let the Hawks dominate us (even if we don't lose by a lot) then it's a lot less likely we will have a good season. 2017 - come out and thrash GWS. 2018 - really dodgy game in which Essendon beats us, setting up a shaky season.
2016 we lost a close one to North and still made it to the semis.

The annoying thing about playing the Hawks is we always draw this super obnoxious Hawks supporter behind where we sit and he just goes on endlessly when they're winning.

They aren't going to be winning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2016 we lost a close one to North and still made it to the semis.
I don't really rate our 2016 season. We looked like we were going to finish top 4 and then we had that extraordinary capitulation to West Coast at home, then we weren't really going anywhere in the finals. I held out hope but we had some glaring weaknesses.

I don't really rate our 2016 season. We looked like we were going to finish top 4 and then we had that extraordinary capitulation to West Coast at home, then we weren't really going anywhere in the finals. I held out hope but we had sone glaring weaknesses.
2016 was a building year that gave us confidence and peaked with 2017 though. Point is we still had a good year there despite losing Round 1.

Back