Preview Changes: R2 vs Richmond, Saturday March 25, 4.05pm ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

WHEN/WHO/WHY :(:poo:
When was he given the 3-year extension?
Who OK'ed it ie who is responsible?
Why was he given another 3 years? Potential? Based on which games?

I cannot remember a game where he made a significant contribution to a Crows win. His record is mediocre at best.

Not only that, theyve now put the "Leader" label over his head.
When has he ever shown one ounce of onfield leadership?

Chayce Jones >>> Wayne Milera in leadership traits. Its that crazy.

Yes, I recall you posting last year that you had only attended 4 games at Adelaide Oval since 2016 and at least half of these were Poort Pear games 🙄.

May explain your unique understanding of the Crows game plan. A bit of an Ongoing Concern?

Never tried to hide the fact that my entire perspective is based upon what I see on TV. And I don’t judge game plans, I judge players and then coaches upon selection and performance. If you want to believe that’s there’s a game plan premiership cup that Dan sit next to our continuity premiership cup, then that’s cool for you.

Funny thing is that the Port games were the recent prelims that we had to pay in full for anyway.

He was given a five year contract extension at the start of the 2020 season. Another classic *up based on potential.

And love the comment “where the club is going”. Fast forward to end of 2020, wooden spooners.

I have never been a fan.

Contract came up at the right time. Club couldn't afford to lose anyone else at the time so his Manager held all the cards.

Contract came up at the right time. Club couldn't afford to lose anyone else at the time so his Manager held all the cards.

Not only that, but had a good body of work behind him to say he's a rather solid option to spend money on.

Of course, little did we know he'd be wiped out for a year only 3 weeks later.

Agree

We have never let a coach stay on for this long failing. I understand that this is the first time that we have done a complete re-build. At the time though they used the words re-generate the list. Weve basically wiped the list completely but Ogilvie and Reid have buggered things up. The last three years have been better. Rachele, Thilthorpe, Dawson, Rankine., Pedlar, Berry. But that 2019/2020 drafts will keep on haunting us. Sat on our hands while POrt traded up to get Rozee. We end up with JOnes and McHenry. Port get Rozee and Butters.

Thilthorpe is 3 preseasons in as a pick 2 and isn’t preferred ahead of a fringe performer like Himmelberg. If Talent ID got it right then the coaches are getting it horribly wrong.

You draft very good talent with your first round picks and then you snag players like the quality of Dawson and Rankine and build from that.

Take a look at our 1997/1998 flag sides - had a mixture of both.
You certainly do..but I think we are at the point that getting / trying to get a few A graders in by trade is a much better use of draft capital with where our list is at agewise

Never tried to hide the fact that my entire perspective is based upon what I see on TV. And I don’t judge game plans, I judge players and then coaches upon selection and performance. If you want to believe that’s there’s a game plan premiership cup that Dan sit next to our continuity premiership cup, then that’s cool for you.

Funny thing is that the Port games were the recent prelims that we had to pay in full for anyway.
Must have a HUGE tellie at the Golf Club which enables you to pick up what’s happening off the ball.

Interesting that you missed our two home finals in 2017 but managed to get to the Poort finals.

I'm quite happy Sholl is getting another go.
He has shown he can play, but he lacked intensity around the contest. Hopefully he has worked on that area and will stick his head over the ball when his turn comes.

I get that but I simply can’t understand why intensity without performance is valued higher than positively impacting the team result. It’s a typical process over outcome culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naaaa

Port are way over-rated and over-hyped. Their list really is not that good.

They’ve got an awesome but developing midfield with ?s over the front and back. Reckon they’re probably where we were in our prelim days under Craig and couldn’t quite get there without a genuinely strong KPF. But what I rate about them is that even if they get the player wrong, they identify what they think will help and work out a way to get them.

We aren’t catching up. That’s the point.
They had a very good midfield and the ADDED one of the best prospects in the game.
Had I not seen Rachele, Soligo, Berry development in the midfield and to a lesser extent Pedlar's then sure we aren't catching up. Boak will go down as one of the best for Port Power but he is on his last leg, Rozee had a break out season last year in the midfield and Butters development stalled and I'll take Laird over Wines so I wouldn't say they have a very good midfield.

Must have a HUGE tellie at the Golf Club which enables you to pick up what’s happening off the ball.

Interesting that you missed our two home finals in 2017 but managed to get to the Poort finals.

My tellie is only 70”, but in a late 1880’s cottage family room, it’s relatively large. I do miss the old Austar feature where we could select different views. My favourite was a pan out that focussed about a 20m diameter from the usual stoppage view. That was near 20 years ago, how have we not found our way back there?

Not sure what’s interesting about a person that pays for a decade of access that nearly never uses it but attends a couple of port prelims. Firstly, the missus is a port supporter and secondly, we moved from Alice to the south east 3 years ago. So we have much more luxury to turn up to any event in Adelaide. If you are pondering my membership claims, perhaps refer to GreyCrow and ask him whether we transferred our 2017 GF tickets to him at sticker price.

McHenry in as an emergency.

How awesome would it be for round two have Murphy and McHenry back in the side.

I tell you folks, we are really going somewhere!!
It must be killing Nicks not playing Ned. Lol. On the brightside when Nick's is sacked Ned won't be seen again.

McHenry in as an emergency.

How awesome would it be for round two have Murphy and McHenry back in the side.

I tell you folks, we are really going somewhere!!
It must be killing Nicks not playing Ned. Lol. On the brightside when Nick's is sacked Ned won't be seen again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back