Preview Changes: R2 vs Richmond, Saturday March 25, 4.05pm ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Doedee gets man-handles by anyone bigger than him when 1vs1. He needs to play a roaming role in order for him to have most success. Was good in such a role in the first half last week before becoming restricted after being assigned to a KPF

I really like MM as a prospect, but assigning him to an experienced KPF in his second game is also a disaster waiting to happen IMO

I’m no fan of Butts’ form right now, he’s lost all confidence in the past eight or so months. But maybe it says more about our lack of addressing quality depth in this area (given Keane isn’t ready yet)? Given the types of players Doedee and MM currently are, it’s not the same as working with a versatile defence yet - we still need to look to maximise each guy’s strengths. The Cats won a flag with four guys above 190cm in their defence - you need a mix of mobility and size

FWIW I’d be fine with using Worrell as a bigger intercepting CHB type, it’s a shame he isn’t fit

Completely agree. I’m so frustrated by how they’re using Doedee at the moment. He was so effective previously, and I appreciate we had an incredible “stopper” in Talia there which allowed Doedee to be Doedee but far out he looks half the player he used to be at present.

I’m shocked to be sitting here with Milera injured yet again.

Another three years on contract - yep, never delivered so far.
WHEN/WHO/WHY :(:poo:
When was he given the 5-year extension? (edited)
Who OK'ed it ie who is responsible?
Why was he given another 3 years? Potential? Based on which games?

I cannot remember a game where he made a significant contribution to a Crows win. His record is mediocre at best.

Last edited:
WHEN/WHO/WHY :(:poo:
When was he given the 3-year extension?
Who OK'ed it ie who is responsible?
Why was he given another 3 years? Potential? Based on which games?

I cannot remember a game where he made a significant contribution to a Crows win. His record is mediocre at best.

He was given a five year contract extension at the start of the 2020 season. Another classic *up based on potential.

And love the comment “where the club is going”. Fast forward to end of 2020, wooden spooners.

I have never been a fan.

Only their midfield looks very good and are 3 years ahead of ours but we are catching up to them. Their forward line, back line and ruck are on their last leg and their development in these area have been s**t compared to ours. Why do you think their SANFL reserve side has been s**t for years....
Not sure how you can say we are catching up, they just added one of the best midfield prospects in the game to an already strong midfield and we’ve just been smashed in the middle.

He was given a five year contract extension at the start of the 2020 season. Another classic *up based on potential.

And love the comment “where the club is going”. Fast forward to end of 2020, wooden spooners.

Thanks :thumbsu:. That extension flew well under my Club-has-an-inflated-opinion radar.

I see he scored 2 Brownlow votes in 2018 but has hardly been a standout since.
Can you remember WHY he was given 5 years?

Thanks :thumbsu:. That extension flew well under my Club-has-an-inflated-opinion radar.

I see he scored 2 Brownlow votes in 2018 but has hardly been a standout since.
Can you remember WHY he was given 5 years?

God knows why.

He was the only second 5 year contract (Sloane was the first) and reckon club has learnt never to do it again.

It gave Milera security however we have not got our value and doubt we ever will.

Tell me what stands out if anything, from the above. I got nothing.

The rebuild is over. This is a group that if all goes well, can compete for the last 2 spots in the 8. What goal did you think an AFC rebuild had?
I am cool with that (rebuild over from a draft perspective)...if we can add Himmelberg, Day, Hollands or Phillipou in the next 2 trade periods - they will go very nicely with the youngsters we have

At home, freo, tigers and the blues we should be a good chance against as those teams nearly never play well against us at AO..

Freo only beat us last year in round one as, once again, we couldn’t convert and put them away. We usually beat the tigers and Blues at AO.. seems to be a bit of a graveyard oval for those two teams.

and showdowns are normally always a 50/50 regardless of the current form of both teams..

surely we at least win one game…

Yuo. You'd expect without travel, we go at least 50/50 in that stretch.

If not, we might be in the Moir sweepstakes.

I am cool with that (rebuild over from a draft perspective)...if we can add Himmelberg, Day, Hollands or Phillipou in the next 2 trade periods - they will go very nicely with the youngsters we have
Add Welsh to that

Ideally we aren’t using a first rounder the next 3 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee gets man-handles by anyone bigger than him when 1vs1. He needs to play a roaming role in order for him to have most success. Was good in such a role in the first half last week before becoming restricted after being assigned to a KPF

I really like MM as a prospect, but assigning him to an experienced KPF in his second game is also a disaster waiting to happen IMO

I’m no fan of Butts’ form right now, he’s lost all confidence in the past eight or so months. But maybe it says more about our lack of addressing quality depth in this area (given Keane isn’t ready yet)? Given the types of players Doedee and MM currently are, it’s not the same as working with a versatile defence yet - we still need to look to maximise each guy’s strengths. The Cats won a flag with four guys above 190cm in their defence - you need a mix of mobility and size

FWIW I’d be fine with using Worrell as a bigger intercepting CHB type, it’s a shame he isn’t fit
We’ve gone a team defence approach but doubt we know each other’s games and our game well enough to pull it off like a Geelong or even Port

we have some height in our backline overall but not in direct match ups

curious to see if playing next to Rachele and Rankine helps Murphy be more effective

Probably won't unless we're moving Keays into the midfield and we give him the def. forward role back for a bit. Something I feel ambilavelent too as last week kinda showed we weren't at the point we could move on from Keays against strong midfields.

That said, I feel like I'd rather Thilthorpe or put Taylor/Gollant in.

You draft very good talent with your first round picks and then you snag players like the quality of Dawson and Rankine and build from that.

Take a look at our 1997/1998 flag sides - had a mixture of both.

fb517ef55757d441e88476c0ad54a80a.jpg

He’s right though. You have no right to comment on other poster’s selection preferences given that you flatly refuse to provide your own. How about next week you post your preferred 22 rather than waiting for the selectors to do it for you.

We were gold essential then AO members for nearly a decade whilst living in Alice and going to less than a handful of games. Just can’t support that footy department any longer.
Yes, I recall you posting last year that you had only attended 4 games at Adelaide Oval since 2016 and at least half of these were Poort Pear games 🙄.

May explain your unique understanding of the Crows game plan. A bit of an Ongoing Concern?

Not sure how you can say we are catching up, they just added one of the best midfield prospects in the game to an already strong midfield and we’ve just been smashed in the middle.
Like I told you previously, we are still young and developing which was why we couldn't keep our standard in the 2nd half in sapping condition against an experience midfield who are up there as one of the strongest in the league. In a few years, I see Soligo developing to equal or better than Butters and Rachele will be our Rozee then there's Pedlar and Berry. This is the most excited I've been with our list for a long while (didn't I already told you this ;))

God knows why.

He was the only second 5 year contract (Sloane was the first) and reckon club has learnt never to do it again.

It gave Milera security however we have not got our value and doubt we ever will.

2 lost seasons during COVID-19 stalled Milera and he seems like a player not to give security too.

God knows why.

Yep, I had a good look at his very ordinary stats, got nothin too.

Like I told you previously, we are still young and developing which was why we couldn't keep our standard in the 2nd half in sapping condition against an experience midfield who are up there as one of the strongest in the league. In a few years, I see Soligo developing to equal or better than Butters and Rachele will be our Rozee then there's Pedlar and Berry. This is the most excited I've been with our list for a long while (didn't I already told you this ;))
You said we were catching up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back