Preview Changes: R2 vs Richmond, Saturday March 25, 4.05pm ACDT @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this an issue since joining the Crows or was he like this at Westies?

I understand there are different rules at u18 level but he played seniors a lot.

Surely there was body contact there?

I would hate to read " hates body contact" in a scouting report

whatever his desire to engage physically is immaterial. It was a known factor when we rated him the best in thst draft. Remember that we apparently only bid on JUH as a strategy to get Rowe. You simply don't select players at 2 thst have terminal flaws. What they're using as an excuse is pure rubbish. Our philosophy is to have zero patience for inexperienced players up and down outputs. We genuinely prefer predictably low outcomes from experienced players.

Riley T sub ?

Not sure why they would make him the sub to be honest
not that im happy with our sub Mansell but i suppose he is there incase RankinE gets off the chain
If we're getting exposed height wise than Berg moves back and Thilly comes on for a small. If we're getting smashed in the middle and ROB is getting beaten then he's in for ROB and we go Thilly/Berg in the ruck.

Thilthorpe sub - interesting

stupid. It's selection to placate fans. There's only 5 players of the 22 that he can structurally cover. They're doing it because they can't find a place in the 22 for a pick 2 in his 3rd year and the natives are restless. It's quite embarrassing, but it is the AFC and Nix.

stupid. It's selection to placate fans. There's only 5 players of the 22 that he can structurally cover. They're doing it because they can't find a place in the 22 for a pick 2 in his 3rd year and the natives are restless. It's quite embarrassing, but it is the AFC and Nix.
He can cover any of them, if the thinking was that we were too small before anyway.

Midfielder injured - thilthorpe on, and were just the same as if he'd been picked initially and Parnell or Murphy were sub.

too small in defence. How does TT coming on to replace a mid address our shortness down back?
Himmelberg back. Not ideal, but as good as Keane or out of form Butts. Should have been played there long ago.

Sholl and Parnell in the same side is an awful selection, both absolute lightweights without much pace to balance out their weakness. Hope they prove me wrong.

Himmelberg back. Not ideal, but as good as Keane or out of form Butts. Should have been played there long ago.

if we are too short diwn back, you don't address it by having a guy sitting on the pine awaiting a runner to be subbed out. If you want 2 KPDs, you address that at selection, not by having a 200cm ruck/forward as a sub. Your thought process is way off the mark. Although, our coaching group is dumb enough to see it the way you're describing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we are too short diwn back, you don't address it by having a guy sitting on the pine awaiting a runner to be subbed out. If you want 2 KPDs, you address that at selection, not by having a 200cm ruck/forward as a sub. Your thought process is way off the mark. Although, our coaching group is dumb enough to see it the way you're describing.
That's not the same thing that you were arguing about Thilthorpe only being able to replace 5 players.

I'm just saying that the team will be able to be rejigged fine with TT as sub.

That's not the same thing that you were arguing about Thilthorpe only being able to replace 5 players.

I'm just saying that the team will be able to be rejigged fine with TT as sub.

no, TT is a key forward/ruck part timer, there's literally only 4 spots that he can replace. None of the current rucks/key forwards can be Re-deployed down back. It's a stupid dub decision. Not much better than if Strachan was sub. Better, but not much better.

Richmond so tall in attack so we replace Milera with a midget. I think Parnell's got courage and talent but do we really need another tiny defender against the land of the giants Richmond forwards?

I heard Nix say he thought we were tall enough down back. That's bullshit.
And he confirmed that tonight the moment he brought TT in for an injured Parnell. The guy is clueless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back