Admin, Finance, Members, Ratings, Crowds, Policies - its the 2016 AFL v NRL v ARU v FFA v BBL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think thats the issue, i think its they want to sell MORE.
In business you only discount when you cant sell your product at the normal price.

Its pretty unusual for major sporting bodies to discount finals tickets

In any case two of the NRL matches can only draw less than 30,000 so you would think both Canberra and Melbourne would be sellouts due to the small capacity of the stadiums

I dont think thats the issue, i think its they want to sell MORE.
In business you only discount when you cant sell your product at the normal price.

In any case two of the NRL matches can only draw less than 30,000 so you would think both Canberra and Melbourne would be sellouts due to the small capacity of the stadiums

Sports bodies and businesses arent necessarily completely the same. The NRL would like its events to sell out. Big crowds look good on tv.

Do we think the Derby final can top 50,000? 60,000? With the likelihood of limited NRL games in Sydney that weekend, will neutrals jump on board?

I'll def. be making the journey up from Canberra, and will be bringing a number of friends with me.
They have definitely timed it - 3.20pm start - well for any Canberrans to make the trip up and down easy. Unfortunately I wont be one of them :(

50k is the minimum pass mark for mine, given that eclipses what the SCG could hold (which would surely have been a sellout).

They have definitely timed it - 3.20pm start - well for any Canberrans to make the trip up and down easy. Unfortunately I wont be one of them :(

50k is the minimum pass mark for mine, given that eclipses what the SCG could hold (which would surely have been a sellout).
i think it will top 50k though 45k of them will be swans fans.

Different local adds in Cairns compared to Townsville, Mackay and Roma, i think that is what he is getting at.

I am not sure whether that makes a difference, but perhaps it does.

The market is spread over thousands of K's - compared to a metro market which is centralised.
Pay a bit more attention to the ads and you will realise that most don't matter where you live. The main ads during live sports fall into three tiers

Tier one - main advertisers - all totally national so doesn't matter where you are ads will be the same
Betting agencies
Alcohol
Car makers

Tier two - national brands slightly different local content
Airlines
Supermarkets
Government information ads
Hardware (Bunnings, Mitre 10)

Tier three - local interest
Events (private & government)
Local business

All games rating more than 300k in 2016
2016topfoxratings.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sat TV #AFL arvo #AFLFinals #AFLSwansGIANTS Seven 724k (Syd 157k Mel 359k Ade 102k Per 105k) 7mate Bri 66k ----- 790

Sat TV #AFL night #AFLFinals #AFLCrowsNorth Seven 633k (Mel 414k Ade 219k) 7mate 137k (Syd 22k Bri 33k Per 83k) ---- 770

Sat TV #NRL QF1 Nine #NRLFinals 459k (Syd 264k Bri 195k) Gem 45k (Mel 17k Ade 6k Per 22k) -------504

Sat TV #NRL QF2 Nine #NRLFinals 593k (Syd 249k Mel 74k Bri 270k) Gem 19k (Ade 5k Per 13k) ------ 522

Hmmmmmm :footy:

AFL lands NRL huge blow with bumper crowd for Sydney Swans v GWS Giants qualifying final

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/sydney-sw...-giants-qualifying-final-20160910-grdee9.html
Only 21,000 at AMMI for a Storm final which you have say to is pretty bad considering there were no AFl games on in Melbourne.
It looks like the Storms popularity is going backwards when they can only fill 2/3rds of a purpose built stadium

The old "build it and they will come theory" is clearly not working here

Sat TV #AFL arvo #AFLFinals #AFLSwansGIANTS Seven 724k (Syd 157k Mel 359k Ade 102k Per 105k) 7mate Bri 66k ----- 790

Sat TV #AFL night #AFLFinals #AFLCrowsNorth Seven 633k (Mel 414k Ade 219k) 7mate 137k (Syd 22k Bri 33k Per 83k) ---- 770

Sat TV #NRL QF1 Nine #NRLFinals 459k (Syd 264k Bri 195k) Gem 45k (Mel 17k Ade 6k Per 22k) -------504

Sat TV #NRL QF2 Nine #NRLFinals 593k (Syd 249k Mel 74k Bri 270k) Gem 19k (Ade 5k Per 13k) ------ 522

Hmmmmmm :footy:

Only 21,000 at AMMI for a Storm final which you have say to is pretty bad considering there were no AFl games on in Melbourne.
It looks like the Storms popularity is going backwards when they can only fill 2/3rds of a purpose built stadium

The old "build it and they will come theory" is clearly not working here

Fri STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLFinals #AFLCatsHawks 442k
Thu STV #AFLEaglesDogs #FoxFooty 439k
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLFinals #AFLSwansGIANTS 437k
Sat STV #AFL #FoxFooty #AFLFinals #AFLCrowsNorth 368k

Sat STV #NRL #FoxSports #NRLFinals #NRLRaidersSharks 349k
Sat STV #NRL #FoxSports #NRLFinals #NRLStormCowboys 349k
Fri STV #NRL #FoxSports #NRLFinals #NRLBroncosTitans 341k

If the swans v giants was closer in the 2nd half, on friday night, it could of gotten over 500k on fox
Me looking at the NRL crowd and ratings
23qTBsN.jpg

The code is kept afloat because of QLD passion

I never thought of you as someone who believed the NRL ch 9 hype.

That whole QLD passion is just bullshit.

In the early 2000's when nsw won the series 3 in a row. Qlders and the lapers were calling origin dead. They were struggling to fill there 50k stadium.

But now after 11 from 12 wins they sell out. And guess what. So does nsw. Would it happen if qld lost 10? Not on your life.

Qlders need their ego massaged with all that balony in the media. Otherwise if they had lost 10. Origin would be dead.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the early 2000's when nsw won the series 3 in a row. Qlders and the lapers were calling origin dead. They were struggling to fill there 50k stadium.

Untrue.

2000 Qld played Lang Park - sold out.
2001 Qld played at Lang Park and ANZ. Both sold out
2002 Qld played at ANZ. Sold out.
2003 Qld moved back to Lang Park after redevelopment. Sold out.
Sold out since.

When are you saying they struggled?

I never thought of you as someone who believed the NRL ch 9 hype.

But now after 11 from 12 wins they sell out. And guess what. So does nsw. Would it happen if qld lost 10? Not on your life.

Qlders need their ego massaged with all that balony in the media. Otherwise if they had lost 10. Origin would be dead.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I look at it like this, it is a big brother, little brother relationship, NSW being the big brother and alleged world home of the game, QLd being the little brother and cheeky upstart that needs to be swatted down, similar to the football relationships between Vic, WA and SA.

It was every kids dream ( or most ) to play football - of whatever kind, in the home of the game or test themselves against the best, for QLD kids it was no doubt in Sydney, just as SA and WA boys to head to the big smoke in Melbourne.

What has become quite clear ( well to me anyway) is that Sydney is no longer the real home of the game, it appears to be just in name only, it must be quite disappointing for all these QLD boys and country boys to head to Sydney and find that there is probably more support for the game outside Sydney and seems to be far more in QLD anyway.

Maybe QLD passion is bullshit, but they certainly appear more passionate than NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back