Play Nice Admin, Finance, Members, Ratings, Crowds, Policies - Please refer to each sports own boards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Telling graph! Good stuff. Are you able to map the NRL equivalent figures onto this? Would be interesting!

best I can do

AFLvNRLRevenues.png

or if you prefer

AFLvNRLRevenues2.png

Also netball launched today, first matches this weekend. The FFA might do their head in I think.

They've scheduled netball matches on weekends? But, but, that's when some A-League games are played! It's a conspiracy, I tells you!

Worht noting that Roy Masters is talking out his backside on AFL figures.

In 2015 alone, AFL + club revenue - AFL club distributions was more than 1.19 billion.
That AFL industry revenue would then include pokies if you have added up the 18 clubs total revenue. The gap between AFL and NRL clubs' revenue ( not the governing bodies) isn't as big as you'd expect if you add the NRL clubs' licencsed venues like Easts, Panthers, Bronco's leagues club, the 3 associated with Wests Tigers etc.

They've scheduled netball matches on weekends? But, but, that's when some A-League games are played! It's a conspiracy, I tells you!
Also netball launched today, first matches this weekend. The FFA might do their head in I think.

geech, some of you care more about the a-league than most actual fans.

i think FFA would be happy to not be in the news for the next couple of months while they fight the clubs, players and fans over power and money.

That AFL industry revenue would then include pokies if you have added up the 18 clubs total revenue. The gap between AFL and NRL clubs' revenue ( not the governing bodies) isn't as big as you'd expect if you add the NRL clubs' licencsed venues like Easts, Panthers, Bronco's leagues club, the 3 associated with Wests Tigers etc.

And if you take pokie revenue out of AFL club revenue you are stiill left with over a billion in club and industry revenues. If I take Pokie revenues out of NRL clubs Id be left with about half that.

And if you take pokie revenue out of AFL club revenue you are stiill left with over a billion in club and industry revenues. If I take Pokie revenues out of NRL clubs Id be left with about half that.
It's a mistake for AFL club's to chase pokie money, no matter how lucrative. The AFL can not cthe game is community orientated, and then rip-off poor, lonely or addicted. Pokie venues, if they must opearate, should be ridiculed as the bizness of spivs.
Club's may as well sell smack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume you want the a-league to be killed off?

Why do you conclude that it will be the death of the a-league?

The history of sports administration is littered with stoushes between competing stakeholders. Sometimes there are advances, and sometimes there is regression.

The A-League clubs, most owned very wealthy individuals. are convinced that they can progress the A-League if they control it.

No one knows whether they can or they can't, but I do know it's crazy the amount of money they have put into the A-League over the course of 12 years, while having very little control over the revenue the comp pulls in.

Anyway, whoever wins or loses, it will be a stoush worth watching from afar.

Why do you conclude that it will be the death of the a-league?

The history of sports administration is littered with stoushes between competing stakeholders. Sometimes there are advances, and sometimes there is regression.

The A-League clubs, most owned very wealthy individuals. are convinced that they can progress the A-League if they control it.

No one knows whether they can or they can't, but I do know it's crazy the amount of money they have put into the A-League over the course of 12 years, while having very little control over the revenue the comp pulls in.

Anyway, whoever wins or loses, it will be a stoush worth watching from afar.
The model in England is the FA runs the game, ie is the custodian and controls the rules, runs the national teams, game development, The FA Cup etc, but a private company made up of the 20 clubs in the Premier League that season are the 20 shareholders of the organisation that runs the Premier League. The FA isn't a shareholder, it doesn't run the competition, but it has veto power over when a chairman or CEO is elected by the 20 clubs, and over the adoption of any new rules, to make sure its consistent with FIFA regulations.

Pretty sure the other big Euro leagues are set up this way and that's what FIFA is insisting that the FFA implement to separate itself from running/controlling the A-League.

The model in England is the FA runs the game, ie is the custodian and controls the rules, runs the national teams, game development, The FA Cup etc, but a private company made up of the 20 clubs in the Premier League that season are the 20 shareholders of the organisation that runs the Premier League. The FA isn't a shareholder, it doesn't run the competition, but it has veto power over when a chairman or CEO is elected by the 20 clubs, and over the adoption of any new rules, to make sure its consistent with FIFA regulations.

Pretty sure the other big Euro leagues are set up this way and that's what FIFA is insisting that the FFA implement to separate itself from running/controlling the A-League.

I think the FFA's argument would be something along the lines of "literally no other sport in Australia is run like that".

I think the FFA's argument would be something along the lines of "literally no other sport in Australia is run like that".
Pretty sure Basketball Australia don't run the NBL, or if they do now they didn't in the 1980's and 1990's. This story when Melbourne United owner, took control of the NBL back in May 2015, suggests Basketball Australia are like the FA in England.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/united-co-owner-kestelman-to-take-control-of-nbl/6503308

Pretty sure Basketball Australia don't run the NBL, or if they do now they didn't in the 1980's and 1990's. This story when Melbourne United owner, took control of the NBL back in May 2015, suggests Basketball Australia are like the FA in England.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/united-co-owner-kestelman-to-take-control-of-nbl/6503308

Basketball is probably the only exception, although the ARU doesnt run SuperRugby in Australia either, but it does run the domestic comp.

• The AFL runs the AFL (and 5 other state leagues besides)
  • THe ARLC runs the NRL
  • Cricket Australian runs the BBL
  • Netball Australia is running the new netball comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back