FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

That ad for the Scottish burger joint where the grandad just looks at his granddaughter then back to the cashier and says "I'll have what she's having" has some real creep vibes about it.

Everyone knows the context for that line - what was the possible thought pattern in dropping it in this ad?

That ad for the Scottish burger joint where the grandad just looks at his granddaughter then back to the cashier and says "I'll have what she's having" has some real creep vibes about it.

Everyone knows the context for that line - what was the possible thought pattern in dropping it in this ad?
That he wants to try what she is obviously enjoying?
Jesus dude.

I’ve seen that ad several dozen times and never picked that up.

i didnt either, saw it on a reddit post and still had to listen a few times to hear it

its actually this guy saying it

fb12561cc616fd7664f8535bd41b7426.jpeg

not Selwood :moustache:

The natural confectionary company with that annoying little girl singing "superwoman"...

The mum and her kid are doing musical blackface. And she probably thinks the older lady in the other car is racist, when she has a right to be pissed off about the loud music (which is getting turned up even louder) being blared through open windows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sportsbet ad implying gambling would lead to sexual success found in breach of industry standards

The television advertisement, which aired during football coverage, showed a man slumped on the couch at home and looking at his phone while dressed in shabby clothes.

When he wins his multi-bet, a voiceover artist says “feels like you’ve finally made it” as the man is suddenly teleported to an awards ceremony where, dressed in a tuxedo, he wins the “most outstanding same game multi” award and is applauded and cheered by the crowd.

One viewer registered a complaint with the advertising industry’s self-regulating watchdog, Ad Standards, arguing Sportsbet relied on “the false and dangerous narrative that you’re just ‘one bet away’ from ‘winning big’ and thus ‘winning’ the literal applause of your friends and family”.

“I’m disgusted as Nine and Sportsbet both clearly know this plays straight into a dangerous and false narrative of many gambling addicts,” the complaint said.

I thought that ad was a bit more annoying than usual

One that grinds my gears is for hearing aids.

"we got a quote for $9K, can you help us"

"yes, we can save you 1000's"

"hello hawaii"

Who in their right mind would tell a customer they can save them that much when they have already declared what their original quote is ??

"we can save you $500-750" would have been the right answer.

The natural confectionary company with that annoying little girl singing "superwoman"...

Is that the one where the woman pulls up at the lights and her daughter is over the back singing along to a two-bob rap song and the mother turns up the volume ??

Slap the kid for being a precocious little s**t and then slap the mother for being a waste of oxygen.

One that grinds my gears is for hearing aids.

"we got a quote for $9K, can you help us"

"yes, we can save you 1000's"

"hello hawaii"

Who in their right mind would tell a customer they can save them that much when they have already declared what their original quote is ??

"we can save you $500-750" would have been the right answer.
hearing aids are VERY expensive

hearing aids are VERY expensive
Ever gone in for a hearing test at one of those places? They put headphones on you and you're supposed to write down the words you hear. They slyly use words like "move", then tell you it was "smooth". It's quite difficult to pick the difference through headphones, and you're waiting for the next word, which might be "fall" but sounds like "all". They use a lot of soft consonants. Then tell you you need hearing aids ;)

Ever gone in for a hearing test at one of those places? They put headphones on you and you're supposed to write down the words you hear. They slyly use words like "move", then tell you it was "smooth". It's quite difficult to pick the difference through headphones, and you're waiting for the next word, which might be "fall" but sounds like "all". They use a lot of soft consonants. Then tell you you need hearing aids ;)
yes, because my hearing is stuffed. look after your hearing. hearing aids help, but it's never a perfect substitute.

yes, because my hearing is stuffed. look after your hearing. hearing aids help, but it's never a perfect substitute.
Young friend of mine went to an outdoor event and danced the night away right next to the speakers that were blaring out music all night. Took her two days to get her hearing back. I'm thinking the same happens with headphones? (I don't use them for music)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back