Meltdown AFC North - The Black and Blue Self-Inflicted ©

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus, are you calling Bryant better than Brown?

Come on man

Of course not haha.

The discussion was only in relation to Bryant being out and those who have to step up to be the number 2 again and that in my opinion while the drop off for the Steelers isnt that severe it does hurt a little when we start talking playoffs.

ESPN Browns reporter Pat McManamon believes the club's draft moves seem to "indicate the team is moving on" from suspended WR Josh Gordon.

The Sashi Brown-Paul DePodesta-Hue Jackson regime has preached character since taking over, and owner Dee Haslam said in a radio interview this week that the Browns made it a point to focus on high-character players in the draft. Cleveland selected four wide receivers, including first-rounder Corey Coleman. Gordon recently had his reinstatement delayed because of questionable drug-test results. McManamon thinks it's "tough to see" the Browns bringing Gordon back, which would mean they'd either waive or try to trade him.

Source: ESPN.com
Such a shame of a wasted career over weed he will have to join up with Justin Blackmon in the future to think of the opportunity of a lifetime they threw away unbelievable

Of course not haha.

The discussion was only in relation to Bryant being out and those who have to step up to be the number 2 again and that in my opinion while the drop off for the Steelers isnt that severe it does hurt a little when we start talking playoffs.
it all comes down to Big Ben and Bell being healthy and they will have a chance to win up to 12 games even when Bryant is out thats how good they are

Such a shame of a wasted career over weed he will have to join up with Justin Blackmon in the future to think of the opportunity of a lifetime they threw away unbelievable
Some people hate working hard. Enjoy the night life and leisure. Not going to judge people on that. Some people are workaholics, and seldom take holidays etc. God doesn't think about this when handing out TALENT.

it all comes down to Big Ben and Bell being healthy and they will have a chance to win up to 12 games even when Bryant is out thats how good they are

I agree.

Was merely a comment that as strong as they are, they would be even stronger with Bryant out there and it could play a roll come the pointy end. Maybe 'hurt' them a little was the wrong phrasing but all well.

Last edited:
Some people hate working hard. Enjoy the night life and leisure. Not going to judge people on that. Some people are workaholics, and seldom take holidays etc. God doesn't think about this when handing out TALENT.
Spot on considering if I was that talented I wouldn't let the opportunity slip and makes me look back to kurt Warner and the path he had to follow to succeed as someone to look up to for all the rookies about to start this coming season

I agree.

Was merely a comment that as strong as they are, they would be even stronger with Bryant out there and it could play a roll come the pointy end. Maybe 'hurt' them a little was the wrong phrasing but all well.
They are a very talented team I'm just not sure on tomlin though considering he was gifted a great team and only had one super bowl to show for it

They are a very talented team I'm just not sure on tomlin though considering he was gifted a great team and only had one super bowl to show for it

Correction.. Two SB's.. One Lombardi. I can assure you that the naysayers keep saying that it was Cowher's team that Tomlin won his Lombardi with but I beg to differ. FTR, Tomlin is 92-52 (.639) in nine seasons, surpassing the late and great Bill Walsh for 44th on the list. Six other current coaches between Tomlin and BB (5th all time).

Last edited:

Pet hate about certain talented individuals still needing to spruik themselves… *smh*… seriously starting to dislike Bell.. 'very immature still'.. I get the American thing of being a complete poser / flog - Social media - but the continual promise to fans that the Steelers will win the SB reeks of immaturity and sheer arrogance.

Pet hate about certain talented individuals still needing to spruik themselves… *smh*… seriously starting to dislike Bell.. 'very immature still'.. I get the American thing of being a complete poser / flog - Social media - but the continual promise to fans that the Steelers will win the SB reeks of immaturity and sheer arrogance.

I prefer DeAngelo's comedic stylings and running commentary on twitter personally. :thumbsu:

Quite the backfield.

» Browns coach Hue Jackson called out Cleveland rookies, including first-round receiver Corey Coleman for being out of shape. The rookie admitted he was "gassed" after spending the months leading up to the draft traveling. This shouldn't be an issue as we press forward into the summer.

» Jackson continued his praise of third-round quarterback Cody Kessler.

"He has some growing to do, but he did some outstanding things today as well,'' Jackson said after the first rookie camp practice, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

The Browns believe Robert Griffin III can be more than just a bridge quarterback and Kessler isn't ready to push for the starting gig out of the gate. If the Browns season spirals early, however, don't be surprised if Jackson takes Kessler for a test drive late in 2016.

»Browns EVP Sashi Brown called third-round defensive end Carl Nassib a "nightmare" inside. Brown said Nassib's motor can be as good as Joey Bosa -- the No. 3 overall pick by San Diego. The Browns desperately needed aid against the run after a terrible 2015 in the trenches.

Sashi should know. Afterall, he played errr he coached errr he scouted errr....

Oh yeah, he is a lawyer who signed players to contracts and now is an evaluator of professional football players.

The only motors this guy knows about are those inside a BMW or mercedes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browns are talking championships :$ ... cute, how bout you get a team above or even to .500 first?

"We were pleased with it," Browns said Saturday during the team's Fan Fest, per Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer. "I was a little surprised we got as much as we did, but some hard negotiating and (vice president of player personnel Andrew Berry) was a big help in that, keeping me at bay and not pulling the trigger too soon.

Said Brown: "We were able to come away with what should be the foundation of the championship team that we're going to build."

.....They really do leave themselves open to it dont they? Actions speak louder than words, picks dont pick themselves you still have to nail them, brah..

You guys do this every year....

The Ravens have been fined and stripped of three OTAs sessions for having players practice in pads at rookie minicamp.

"We made a mistake and we are sorry for that," the team said in a statement. "We accept the NFL discipline." We highly doubt there was any "mistake." It defies belief the team could have not have known rookies aren't allowed to pad up. The Ravens have become increasingly "unfamiliar" with certain NFL rules in recent years.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Something to warm the cockles....

-------------------

Ravens’ John Urschel earns straight A’s in four MIT classes

Written by Michael Dixon

Baltimore Ravens offensive guard John Urschel is not just a good athlete. He’s a pretty smart guy, as well, and has a fantastic track record in education to prove it.

Urschel earned 4.0 honors in earning his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in math at Penn State (via Jamison Hensley, ESPN) and is now having the same success in PhD classes at MIT.

My first semester in school in nearly three years. Four PhD classes at MIT. Four A's. The streak continues!!!

— John Urschel (@JohnCUrschel) May 24, 2016

Urschel — a 2014 draft pick for the Ravens — wrote in the Players’ Tribune that “attending graduate school at MIT had always been a dream,” but a dream that he initially thought would have to wait until his career in the NFL was over.

“But after the end of my rookie season in the NFL in 2014, my decision to put off grad school began to eat away at me. I had always prided myself on not sacrificing football for math, or math for football. And yet, during my first offseason, when I was honest with myself, I knew I wasn’t pushing myself to become the best mathematician I could be. I had more to learn. I wanted to grow. So I applied.”

Urschel should definitely be applauded for this. He’s living two dreams simultaneously in playing in the NFL and attending MIT. Not only is he attending MIT, but he’s obviously thriving.

It's a toss up as to whether the Browns or Niners will be more entertaining to watch implode this year....

------------

Robert Griffin III threatening kids with errant passes at Browns practice

Written by Jesse Reed

Robert Griffin III might need to work on his game a little bit more before Cleveland Browns training camp rolls around.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, he’s been wildly inaccurate during practice today.

Children in sandboxes in backyards near the #Browns facility beware: RG3 has thrown 2 away over 16 foot fence into yards. Hit garage today

— Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot) June 7, 2016

Suddenly, it’s not so crazy to think about rookie Cody Kessler starting for Cleveland this year.

The Browns have said it’s an open competition for the starting quarterback job between RG3, Kessler, Austin Davis and veteran Josh McCown. We all know what McCown brings to the table. He’s consistently mediocre.

It is almost never entertaining watching the Browns GG.

Although, it was amusing watching the little guy run around and all his jock sniffers act like he was some sort of savior. How on earth anyone actually thought he was an NFL talent is absolutely positively beyond me.

It is almost never entertaining watching the Browns GG.

Although, it was amusing watching the little guy run around and all his jock sniffers act like he was some sort of savior. How on earth anyone actually thought he was an NFL talent is absolutely positively beyond me.
From a non-fans perspective it's always entertaining watching teams implode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back