Meltdown AFC West - Round Table of the Astute and Erudite ©

Remove this Banner Ad

temp080616TrainingCampDayNine61--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Pretty big news.....

By Tom Krasovic San Diego Union-Tribune 3:30 p.m. Aug 26, 2016

A source at CAA, speaking on the the terms of anonymity, has confirmed that Bosa has reenrolled at Ohio State University for the upcoming fall term. After extensive discussions with agent Tom Condon, his mother Cheryl Bosa and family friend and attorney Robert S Peid, Bosa has opted to return to school, complete his degree in Kineseiology, and use his final year of NCAA eligibility to help the Buckeyes reach a national championship. Because Bosa never signed, nor received any other compensation from the San DIego Chargers, he essentially just took part in a off season conditioning and skill camp. Causing quite a buzz from Coronado to Columbus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Broncos "kept tabs" on Rams QB Case Keenum this summer, and that the sides had trade talks.

It's highly unsurprising, as Keenum broke into the league under coach Gary Kubiak, making eight starts in 2013. Talks presumably broke down once the Rams realized No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff wasn't going to be anywhere near ready for Week 1. Keenum isn't many things, but he's definitely a better option than Trevor Siemian.
Related: Broncos

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

What you usually see is a lot of backups look like stars early on in their career because of the lack of film on them. After half a dozen games or so (sometimes not even that, their true colours show). I'll be shocked if Siemian lasts to the bye as the starting QB.

Quite amazing that Elway essentially gambled on the most important position in the league. That D isn't going to get away with head hunting all season either.

What you usually see is a lot of backups look like stars early on in their career because of the lack of film on them. After half a dozen games or so (sometimes not even that, their true colours show). I'll be shocked if Siemian lasts to the bye as the starting QB.

Quite amazing that Elway essentially gambled on the most important position in the league. That D isn't going to get away with head hunting all season either.

Posted similar thoughts in the weekly thread re: TS

I said how Luke McCown (filling in for Brees) looked good against Carolina last year and that one of our defensive players said it hard to plan for someone who you havent seen before. Not all teams will have as weak a secondary as we had yesterday also. We will get a better idea of how he is tracking in 4-5 weeks time.

Having said the above, the Broncos O-Line and Anderson were very good yesterday though, they might be able to cover his short comings somewhat with a better run game than last year. Teams with a high quality secondary should be just loading the box.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out moving forward.

Last edited:

Same ole rhetoric they heard last year....on their way to the lombardi.

Just Prove It, Baby

Good to stand up against it from time to time, but sometimes its good to sit back and stockpile the ammo.
Oh it's stockpiled for sure. Just ask A11dAtP0w3R. I'll be back in the preseason discussion thread bagging the s**t out of everyone who laughed at me for saying the Broncos will make the playoffs when January rolls around.

BTW do the same to me, if I laugh at your prediction and it comes true then you can troll me all you want, but I will at least admit I was wrong unlike most people in this board. You know that GG.exe.

And I'm not actually trolling Panthers fans when I say they're Denver's bitch. I like the Panthers and their fans on this sub. I completely understand and respect that YOU think Carolina will beat us to a pulp, even tho it will never happen, but that's what you should say.

It's more the uneducated Cowboys, Giants, Chiefs, etc. fans (not necessarily on this board) who I'm trolling. Can't handle the truth etc.

Oh it's stockpiled for sure. Just ask A11dAtP0w3R. I'll be back in the preseason discussion thread bagging the s**t out of everyone who laughed at me for saying the Broncos will make the playoffs when January rolls around.

BTW do the same to me, if I laugh at your prediction and it comes true then you can troll me all you want, but I will at least admit I was wrong unlike most people in this board. You know that GG.exe.
I dont need a reason to troll. ;)

Same ole rhetoric they heard last year....on their way to the lombardi.

Just Prove It, Baby

Seriously tho.

It's getting pretty annoying. And people wonder why I'm becoming an even bigger troll than I already was

The whole reason they made the QB change from Manning to Osweiler and back to Manning was because of turnovers. If you're expecting Siemian to get through the majority of the season with minimal turnovers, you're kidding yourself.

I'm not disputing the D. I think it's the best in the league by quite a way right now. But at one point or another, you need to rely on the offense to not turn the ball over. Manning did a good job of it in the post-season last year. But expecting Siemian or a rookie to be able to do the same? That's the gamble right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back