Meltdown AFC West - Round Table of the Astute and Erudite ©

Remove this Banner Ad

This is quite the lazy analysis. What about the rest of the offense? Or does that go against your argument?

It's not lazy analysis at all. It's an analysis on the biggest position in sports, and that you have a player filling it who has a proven history of being a disaster.

He's not even a guy that you could give the ball and tell him to manage the game. He forces bad throws, and he loses games because of them. Check out the ******* amazing decision that he made against the Dolphins last year. The mind still boggles.

Manning, even with his dead arm last year, is still that cerebral that he can pick you apart, beat you, when you cheat on the run.
Teams will be able to cheat on the run against Sanchez, meaning that Broncos running game, which will be centerpiece, will struggle.
And in obvious passing situations, they can blitz the hell out of Sanchez knowing he'll panic and throw an INT.

The Broncos D will have to become the #1 all-time greatest defense, not merely top 5 this year, just to offset Sanchez+Siemian/Lynch.

It's not lazy analysis at all. It's an analysis on the biggest position in sports, and that you have a player filling it who has a proven history of being a disaster.

He's not even a guy that you could give the ball and tell him to manage the game. He forces bad throws, and he loses games because of them. Check out the ******* amazing decision that he made against the Dolphins last year. The mind still boggles.
Did someone forget to mention to you we had like the worst QB play last season?

How hard is it to hand the ball to the running back? The driving force of our offense. It has improved. O-line, Half Back, Full Back, Tight End, all improved over last season.

Sanchez throws less picks per game over his career than 2015 manning. That's a fact. Last year it felt like a third of the points against were as a result of a turnover on offense. That improvement alone is invaluable to our team. There is absolutely no way known our offense regresses from what it was last year.

Furthermore...

Manning, even with his dead arm last year, is still that cerebral that he can pick you apart, beat you, when you cheat on the run.
Teams will be able to cheat on the run against Sanchez, meaning that Broncos running game, which will be centerpiece, will struggle.
And in obvious passing situations, they can blitz the hell out of Sanchez knowing he'll panic and throw an INT.

The Broncos D will have to become the #1 all-time greatest defense, not merely top 5 this year, just to offset Sanchez+Siemian/Lynch.

For some reason people keep mentioning 'Manning is cerebral' along the lines of that. Did anyone actually watch him before he got benched last year? He wasn't throwing picks because he had a weak arm, he was throwing picks because he can't read a defense or run that offense, until he had 2 months off and learnt how to do so, resulting in winning the Super Bowl. For Sanchez to play at Manning's level from weeks 1-10 where we started 7-2, is not hard. Playing at Manning's level from Week 17-SB isn't necessarily hard either, but Sanchez would need to improve his ball security clearly, and his ability to adjust the offense to beat the D at times like Manning was finally able to do down the stretch.

Just a few examples

- Manning very cerebrally throws this one down Barr's throat

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101805/2015/REG6/broncos@browns?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000559859&tab=recap
- throws it straight to the D

1st pick - yeah he under threw, but what part about throwing into triple coverage is smart?
2nd pick - Sanders just got dominated by Smith, but not necessarily a good decision by Manning
3rd pick - didn't read the D well at all

Sanchez also has the advantage of a stronger arm, which was the difference between Osweiler and Manning last year, and why the run game improved under Osweiler.

That's not to mention the fact that Sanchez was playing on the Eagles which is basically a death zone for any QB.

You're in for one huge letdown.
Letdown from what? I'm not saying he's going to be great am I? Or even good. Based on what he's shown in the past he deserves and Denver deserve to still be considered a top tier team in the AFC.

But for some reason they are not? Jealousy perhaps? idk.

As always happy to say I was wrong if I actually get proven wrong, but I probably won't

Letdown from what? I'm not saying he's going to be great am I? Or even good. Based on what he's shown in the past he deserves a chance and Denver should still be considered a top tier team in the AFC.

But for some reason they are not? Jealousy perhaps? idk.

As always happy to say I was wrong if I actually get proven wrong, but I probably won't
It's only July, but you're already wrong!

It's only July, but you're already wrong!
Eerily similar to last season when 95% said Denver would go nowhere in the playoffs but I was the one saying to at least respect the defense because it gives them a chance - but no, LA has no idea does he

This was in 2012 ... when he was supposedly better than the years after where he further regressed...

2012 was his worst season. He was better in Philly than 2012

Sanchez in Philly?

4-6 record, 30.2 PPG

Yeah, pretty ******* good record when you're talking about the Eagles

Say what you want against Kelly as a head coach but his offense was always able to put up points. Nick Foles a perfect case in point, a complete disaster with the Rams after showing some sort of promise in Phili.

As STO mentioned, Sanchez is a brain fart extraordiniare at preciously the worst time possible. He was asked to game manage with the Jets but still found a way to butt fumble. Cant trust him. If you want to play it safe bring back Tebow and the wildcat. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Thats how bad sanchez is, even siemian, who is terrible, is ahead of him.

---------------

Appearing on Sirius XM Radio, ESPN's Adam Schefter said Trevor Siemian has a serious chance to be the Broncos' starting quarterback.

"The Trevor Siemian talk and chatter is real," stated Schefter. "He has a legitimate chance to win the job ... the competition is real." We feel like this may say more about Mark Sanchez than Siemian, whose college resume in no way suggested he might have any chance to become an NFL starter. The fact that first-round pick Paxton Lynch is so clearly behind Siemian and Sanchez may also be a concern.
Related: Mark Sanchez, Paxton Lynch

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio

Sanchez in Philly?

4-6 record, 30.2 PPG

Yeah, pretty ******* good record when you're talking about the Eagles

With the same team that put Foles in the hall of fame for much of it.

Look, you can do baby analysis, but no noone of any substance is going to take you seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did someone forget to mention to you we had like the worst QB play last season?

How hard is it to hand the ball to the running back? The driving force of our offense. It has improved. O-line, Half Back, Full Back, Tight End, all improved over last season.

Sanchez throws less picks per game over his career than 2015 manning. That's a fact. Last year it felt like a third of the points against were as a result of a turnover on offense. That improvement alone is invaluable to our team. There is absolutely no way known our offense regresses from what it was last year.

Furthermore...

For some reason people keep mentioning 'Manning is cerebral' along the lines of that. Did anyone actually watch him before he got benched last year? He wasn't throwing picks because he had a weak arm, he was throwing picks because he can't read a defense or run that offense, until he had 2 months off and learnt how to do so, resulting in winning the Super Bowl. For Sanchez to play at Manning's level from weeks 1-10 where we started 7-2, is not hard. Playing at Manning's level from Week 17-SB isn't necessarily hard either, but Sanchez would need to improve his ball security clearly, and his ability to adjust the offense to beat the D at times like Manning was finally able to do down the stretch.

Just a few examples

- Manning very cerebrally throws this one down Barr's throat

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015101805/2015/REG6/broncos@browns?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000559859&tab=recap
- throws it straight to the D

1st pick - yeah he under threw, but what part about throwing into triple coverage is smart?
2nd pick - Sanders just got dominated by Smith, but not necessarily a good decision by Manning
3rd pick - didn't read the D well at all

Sanchez also has the advantage of a stronger arm, which was the difference between Osweiler and Manning last year, and why the run game improved under Osweiler.

That's not to mention the fact that Sanchez was playing on the Eagles which is basically a death zone for any QB.

I'm also not remembering the bit where you went 16-0 and werent in danger of missing the playoffs in the last game. Manning coming off the bench in that last game > Sanchez under pressure.

"but Sanchez would need to improve his ball security clearly, and his ability to adjust the offense to beat the D at times like Manning was finally able to do down the stretch."

******* lol. That's definitely the smart prediction.

I get it, it's cute, you're trying to throw insults to deflect but it helps when they're not ******* underarm lobs.

The Eagles are a death trap for QBs? We've put four different QBs in the pro bowl over the last decade. We've been a great landing spot for QBs, and when we turned over the reigns to Sanchez because of Foles's injury had arguably one of the most stacked offensive rosters in the league. He still sucked. Why? It's got nothing to do with the Eagles, it's got everything to do with Sanchez being a very flawed player.

I mean, honestly, at no point your mind thinks critically at all? You don't sit there and think 's**t, if this guy's actually a really good starting quarterback why was there absolutely no other interest and we got him for a conditional seventh?'.

Its a bit easier to ask the D to dig you out of a hole time and time again when they respect you because youre a HOF on his last legs.

Sanchez is in his prime! Perhaps if he comes up with some sort of funny witty catch phrase for each INT the D wont even care and will play even better than last year?....... It could happen...

Anyway, Im here to help, here you go Mark, catch phrase #1:

Thats how bad sanchez is, even siemian, who is terrible, is ahead of him.

---------------

Appearing on Sirius XM Radio, ESPN's Adam Schefter said Trevor Siemian has a serious chance to be the Broncos' starting quarterback.

"The Trevor Siemian talk and chatter is real," stated Schefter. "He has a legitimate chance to win the job ... the competition is real." We feel like this may say more about Mark Sanchez than Siemian, whose college resume in no way suggested he might have any chance to become an NFL starter. The fact that first-round pick Paxton Lynch is so clearly behind Siemian and Sanchez may also be a concern.
Related: Mark Sanchez, Paxton Lynch

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio
Siemian isn't ahead

And he's good

I'm also not remembering the bit where you went 16-0 and werent in danger of missing the playoffs in the last game. Manning coming off the bench in that last game > Sanchez under pressure.

"but Sanchez would need to improve his ball security clearly, and his ability to adjust the offense to beat the D at times like Manning was finally able to do down the stretch."

******* lol. That's definitely the smart prediction.

I get it, it's cute, you're trying to throw insults to deflect but it helps when they're not ******* underarm lobs.

The Eagles are a death trap for QBs? We've put four different QBs in the pro bowl over the last decade. We've been a great landing spot for QBs, and when we turned over the reigns to Sanchez because of Foles's injury had arguably one of the most stacked offensive rosters in the league. He still sucked. Why? It's got nothing to do with the Eagles, it's got everything to do with Sanchez being a very flawed player.

I mean, honestly, at no point your mind thinks critically at all? You don't sit there and think 's**t, if this guy's actually a really good starting quarterback why was there absolutely no other interest and we got him for a conditional seventh?'.
What the hell? I never said the Broncos were going to win the Super Bowl? Denver wins the division last year even if Manning doesn't come in and play at an improved level, that's the point. Also I've already stated I don't think he's great or good at all, so... not sure what your point is?

What the hell? I never said the Broncos were going to win the Super Bowl? Denver wins the division last year even if Manning doesn't come in and play at an improved level, that's the point. Also I've already stated I don't think he's great or good at all, so... not sure what your point is?
Youve been saying all off season that the broncos go back to back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back