Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 12 - Cats v Port Fri August 14th 7:50pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port’s game against my mob was an outlier! That sort of pressure is not sustainable beyond 1 game. They played out of thier skins and we played poor being undemanned and with shorter break. I dont think they win flag! Still wc, rich, geelong or pies

Everyones had a tough run this year, we dont forget Cats fans preemptively whining about this 4 game stretch BEFORE it started, ignoring the 11 day break leading in.

So give it a break and win with a bit of class hey?

We played 5 games in 19 days, wow...talk about denial. Literally had the hardest draw of any team bar none, playing in 2 different states with players rotating every game.

Talk about sour grapes.

Port’s game against my mob was an outlier! That sort of pressure is not sustainable beyond 1 game. They played out of thier skins and we played poor being undemanned and with shorter break. I dont think they win flag! Still wc, rich, geelong or pies

You’d be hard pressed to find a Port supporter who disagree. We are awful.

Hawkins as always, standing behind Jonas as the long kick came in
Just pushing him in the back and under the ball

It's unbelievable. Someone needs to send the umpires a copy of the rule book
Removal of "Hands in the back" interpretation doesn't mean "push in the back" no longer applies.
Hand in the back which is allowed, pushes in the side.
Maybe get a new script for some glasses.

Bit harsh. I think it is mental. If he gets beaten early and doesn't get the frees he thinks he should he often looses the plot. This year has been his best for yonks, he has been a non factor in recent years. But once he gets the sooks he may as well warm the bench for the rest of the game.
In previous years from memory he tends to play well against the cats compared to against other teams.

Geelong were coming off a 4 day break tonight and have applied that pressure for the last 3 weeks.

Hand in the back which is allowed, pushes in the side. Maybe get a new script for some glasses.
Hawkins jumped in the air for one of his 10 marks tonight. Good leap in the third quarter, caught it cleanly
Great pass from Danger in the last quarter when Tommy got in behind Lycett and kicked no.6

Had his feet on the ground and was nudging/shuffling/easing/caressing/hawkinsing his opponent out of the contest for the other eight marks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given what Geelong have just been through - and the performances they put together - have to be flag favourites
Na, we can't win away from home remember. Our home ground is the only reason we play finals every year so I've heard.

Pretty knee-jerk. I don't like the guy but if you honestly believe that, it's a bit concerning.

Haha, he's a bully because he's bigger than most others. He is really hit and miss, more miss than hit imo.

I've never been much of a fan, his output doesn't match the hype. 40+ goals twice in a season in his 10th season.

Hawkins as always, standing behind Jonas as the long kick came in
Just pushing him in the back and under the ball

It's unbelievable. Someone needs to send the umpires a copy of the rule book
Removal of "Hands in the back" interpretation doesn't mean "push in the back" no longer applies.
So sour.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, pressure would be starting to hit now knowing that their hold on top spot is precarious, one slip up is all it takes. It’s a weird year and Port still have a couple of games away from home.
Will destroy Hawthorn, Sydney and us at AO, will belt North at Metricon so really only the Pies that will get close

Given what Geelong have just been through - and the performances they put together - have to be flag favourites
Yup - 100% have no excuse now if they don’t win it.
Clearly the out and out best team in it.

Kicked 90 points or over the last 3 weeks, while conceding an average of 40.3 points (34 and 31 against Top 4 sides).

Lid isn't off at all, as Richmond and WC are still firmly placed. Much better than last year, as we're actually managing players and building cohesion amongst our squad.

Still have Esava, Steven, Ablett, possibly Cockatoo, Jordan Clark and possibly Constable and Close to come back in. Very well managed, and just need to keep up the same game style moving forward

Tell me catters, do you think your side is looking better this year than last year?

You were guys were miles ahead of the pack last year too H&A, but I feel this is a better side.

Last year was due to manic effort, especially froward half pressure, and they couldn't keep it up.

This season they've improved hugely around the contest, tackling and breaking tackles, and better with quick and close hands.

Back