Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 18 - Pies v Blues Sun July 18th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Blues by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win?

I guess a dead rubber is as good as it gets for a Carlton supporter in the modern era...
Dead rubber? Maybe for the Pies because their season is over.
Blues had the death of a club great, playing without both of their captains and keeping their slim mathematical chances of finals alive.
Granted, it's no 1970 or 1979 grand final, but it's certainly worth celebrating. Wins usually are.

That's a putrid 50. That happens 20 times every quarter and the umpire always says get back two metres.. genuine charity. Ump needs a spell for that
I'm not a big fan of it, but at least they were consistent and called it both ways.
It was certainly there though. Pies player watched him take the mark and knew where it was taken. I don't think it was a mistake and I don't think he was trying to gain a few meters. I think he was trying to delay the kick and allow his teammates time to position defensively. Expecting that the ump would call him back a couple times.

And they keep doing what Carlton do..break feral magpie hearts by showing how crap your list actually is. bleak times ahead for the prison bar brigade.
Break Magpie hearts?

When is the last time Carlton beat Collingwood in a game that mattered?

I'd suspect not in the lifetimes of many people posting in this thread.

...keeping their slim mathematical chances of finals alive.
Very slim chances.

I stand to collect big time from my Carlton supporting friends courtesy of even money bets about Carlton not making the finals.

Noting I can currently get $9 about Carlton making the 8, I felt this morning was as good a time as any to lay off and ensure a tidy windfall regardless of the result.

Thanks Carlton.

Break Magpie hearts?

When is the last time Carlton beat Collingwood in a game that mattered?

I'd suspect not in the lifetimes of many people posting in this thread.
Every game matters. You're either trying to improve your position and move up the ladder, develop or grow as a team.
Or, at the very least, trying to attract sponsors/members, keep the existing ones happy, and sell merchandise.

I look forward to your laughing emoji reaction.

Very slim chances.

I stand to collect big time from my Carlton supporting friends courtesy of even money bets about Carlton not making the finals.

Noting I can currently get $9 about Carlton making the 8, I felt this morning was as good a time as any to lay off and ensure a tidy windfall regardless of the result.

Thanks Carlton.
HAHAHAHA... 'friends'....
HAHAHAHAHA

Very slim chances.

Thanks Carlton.
After years of putting Carlton down, you've turned into a real sook mate, no one will take you seriously again.

Every game matters. You're either trying to improve your position and move up the ladder, develop or grow as a team.
Or, at the very least, trying to attract sponsors/members, keep the existing ones happy, and sell merchandise.

I look forward to your laughing emoji reaction.
Good to see you blokes have come a long way since barracking for your team to lose in the hope of higher draft picks 10 to 15 years ago.

But in the scheme of things, Collingwood had nothing to play for. Whether we win 5, 6 or 7 games this year, as long as we're not wooden spooners, what does it really matter?

We've played plenty of kids, some will make it, others won't.

Maybe Carlton did have a lot more to play for yesterday, which is why they got over the line.

But it really was a cripple battle yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you guys aren't a threat at the moment

Don't bother mate.

Go outside and bang your head against the wall - it'll be more productive.

Classic Fudge behaviour here.

Q: When was the last time Carlton beat Collingwood in a game that matters?
A: Actually we usually beat you in the only game that matters

yEaH bUt YoU hAvEn'T dOnE tHaT rEcEnTlY eItHeR.

What a knob.

Don't bother mate.

What a knob.
Nice that moderators are able to go around calling other posters 'knobs'.

I guess the truth hurts?

Don't bother mate.

What a knob.

Back