Preview AFL 2022 Finals - Grand Final Confirmed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that went completely to plan for me....my dream scenario was Lions, Swans, Cats and dockers all win. Bad weekend for big Melbourne clubs....how sad!

Keeping the dream alive of a Swans v Cats GF (Mrs is a mad cats supporter) and we will absolutely be going by hook or by crook if that happens....ive never been to a GF.

Bring it!
I couldn't get to 12 but was at 14 and 16...I won't be going this year out of fear im cursing us lol

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Will be interesting to see if the Lions have finally learnt something from all their recent shellackings at the hands of the Dees. Surely there’ll be some kind of response? Whether it’s enough for them to win is another matter
I would imagine they're already poring over the footage of our game on Friday night to see how we did it. (Coz I still can't believe we did!)

Well all of a sudden the finals just got much more interesting.

I still have the swans for the flag.

I can't see Brisbane getting on top of Geelong. Geelong should be across them all over the ground but if a combination of a slow start due to the bye, inaccuracy and Brisbane midfield dominance starts to form you might give Brisbane a chance. I just don't see it happen. Geelong for me by 4 goals. Que in the rack during the 4th to flatter Brisbane. It is Geelong's year to lose still imo. That said, I want Brisbane to win

I don't want to tip the next game to to bias or trying to be unbiased. Sydney did win only a few weeks ago at the same ground. Collingwood were missing DeGoey and would haven't learned a few things from that game. Sydney pressure better than Freo do. Sydney are a better ball movement side than Freo. Sydney can go with Collingwood if it becomes more of a shoot out than a pressure contest. I can see Sydney starting very poorly due to the bye but run out games really well and will fight back. I can also see Collingwood dominating centre clearances and getting a really decent jump in territory. Also isn't Mason Cox due for a prelim final dominant game? Pies will need to match the pressure, kick straighter and get off to a flyer to win, imo.

This week, a close one between the Cats and Lions. They've played 2 cliffhangers at Geelong the last 2 years. Geelong struggle in September. Even in the QF they were bog ordinary and just lucky they were playing Collingwood. Swans would have killed them. Hard to say who wins that. Maybe Geelong being at the G but without great confidence, especially now the Lions have found their feet in September.

Swans are one side that can choke Collingwood's running game, as they did in R22. Pies kicked 5 of their 7 goals that day from frees. Pies couldn't beat a very average Geelong and, while the margin was a little flattering, a 20pt margin over Freo, given how bad they were, doesn't inspire confidence. Sides sitting out of the 8 would have rolled Freo easily on the night. They were terrible. Swans will pump the Pies.

This week, a close one between the Cats and Lions. They've played 2 cliffhangers at Geelong the last 2 years. Geelong struggle in September. Even in the QF they were bog ordinary and just lucky they were playing Collingwood. Swans would have killed them. Hard to say who wins that. Maybe Geelong being at the G but without great confidence, especially now the Lions have found their feet in September.

Swans are one side that can choke Collingwood's running game, as they did in R22. Pies kicked 5 of their 7 goals that day from frees. Pies couldn't beat a very average Geelong and, while the margin was a little flattering, a 20pt margin over Freo, given how bad they were, doesn't inspire confidence. Sides sitting out of the 8 would have rolled Freo easily on the night. They were terrible. Swans will pump the Pies.
Round 23 still hurts huh? We get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back