Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 17 - Lions v Eagles Sat July 8th 1:45pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

• Eagles by 7 - 20

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane-vs-WCE.png

3rd v 18th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 17
BRISBANE LIONS V WEST COAST
SATURDAY JULY 8TH 1:45PM EST (GABBA)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

LIONS

B: B. Starcevich, H. Andrews - C, J. Payne
HB: C. McKenna, R. Lester, K. Coleman
C:H. McCluggage, Z. Bailey, J. Fletcher
HF: C. Cameron, E. Hipwood, D. Robertson
F: D. Zorko, J. Daniher, C. Rayner
FOLL: O. McInerney, L. Neale, W. Ashcroft

I/C: J. Madden, J. Lyons, J. Gunston, D. Wilmot
EMG: K. Lohmann, H. Smith, D. Gardiner, J. Tunstill

In: D. Zorko, J. Madden, J. Lyons, J. Gunston
Out: L. McCarthy (Suspension), J. Berry (Injured), J. Dunkley (Injured), C. Ah Chee (Injured), D. Fort (Sub)

EAGLES
B: R. Bazzo, T. Barrass - C, A. Witherden
HB: L. Duggan, J. McGovern, J. Hunt
C:A. Gaff, D. Sheed, B. Hough
HF: N. Long, J. Darling, C. Chesser
F: J. Petruccelle, O. Allen, J. Cripps
FOLL: B. Williams, T. Kelly, E. Hewett

I/C: R. Ginbey, X. O’Neill, J. Williams, R. Maric
EMG: L. Edwards, T. Cole, H. Barnett, T. Dewar

In: J. McGovern, T. Kelly
Out: S. Hurn (Injured), L. Shuey (Injured), H. Barnett (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Gees this will be ugly. Like Hawthorn, West Coast will only be motivated for a few games. Vs St kilda was one. This will not be one of them

• Admin
The result here is a foregone conclusion and the only question relates to how much the Brisbane Lions win by. I suspect somewhere between 80 and 110 points.
You’re too kind.

You’re too kind.
Sorry Wosh, but if we can beat Richmond by 81 points last round, I think we are looking at the same margin against your Eagles.

That said, 'Hubris' is a fatal flaw (Hamartia) and perhaps the 'Football Gods' will punish Lions supporters for their excessive confidence. Stranger things have been known to happen. Round 24, 1991 is good example of this as the Lions, who were bottom of the ladder, took on West Coast, who were sitting atop the ladder, having only lost two games for the season.

Lions by 201, Eric Hipwood to kick Fourteeeeeen!

As much as we would all like the lions to nudge the Fitzroy record (190 pts), they will win, but maybe by only 60-100 pts. **** will talk about the respect they have for those champion WCE players still playing (are there any) and about defensive structures. It would be nice to see Smoking Joe and Harley Charlie to kick bags, so they can leapfrog up the Coleman ladder, just like all other key forwards (Tex 10, Curnow 9).

Expect to see the Lions get an early lead, +50 by 1/2 time, and then just cruise the second half, with eagles to possibly outscore them in the last quarter.

Lions by 72pt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a tad disrespectful the talk about this match.

The Eagles will have a good chance to test their kids against a flag fancy away from Optus. No better chance to really see what they can do with zero pressure as everyone is talking about 100+ loss. The opportunity is there to prove the doubters wrong, that doesn't mean go out and win but even a respectable 30-40 point loss and winning some key areas would be huge.

Don't forget the Lions lost to the Hawks not that long ago. People will point to the MCG sure but it's still a sign that the Lions can play down to their opponent.

Lions by 35-40 in a match that is always under control but not a mauling.

West coast can still make the 8... Alot needs to go their way along with winning every game.. big

I find it a tad disrespectful the talk about this match.

The Eagles will have a good chance to test their kids against a flag fancy away from Optus. No better chance to really see what they can do with zero pressure as everyone is talking about 100+ loss. The opportunity is there to prove the doubters wrong, that doesn't mean go out and win but even a respectable 30-40 point loss and winning some key areas would be huge.

Don't forget the Lions lost to the Hawks not that long ago. People will point to the MCG sure but it's still a sign that the Lions can play down to their opponent.

Lions by 35-40 in a match that is always under control but not a mauling.
Bye and MCG also Hawks beat Eagles by 116 points
West coast can still make the 8... Alot needs to go their way along with winning every game.. big
they have won only 1 game seems impossible with only 8 games left

A it says in that classic The Gambler ...'every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser'**.

Yes the probablilites are high for a Lion's win, lower for a percentage booster (we don't really do that) and a lot lower for an Eagles' win but low probability <> impossibility.

I am hoping to watch a demolition and cringe at the thought of the Lion's Board after loss to them but that's why we watch the game to see how it plays out

** and the best that we can hope for is for the umpires to stay out of it

Brisbane hasn’t announced their team
yet. It is a real line in the sand moment for Fagan. If he selects Jack Gunston after he has four weeks off and demonstrated ZERO good form to support his inclusion, then FAGAN will have demonstrated that he had lost the plot. Forward line has been functioning better WITHOUT Gunston, but Fagan seems to not want to admit he made a huge blunder signing Gunston to a multi-year deal at Brisbane. He very much appears to be putting himself above the club if he selects Gunston for the game on Saturday.
1688626196146.jpeg
At the same time, players who are in great form, week in and week out I’m the reserves are not selected under Fagan. It is corrosive stuff. I would be happy for Fagan to make 2023 his last year if he gets this wrong.

Brisbane hasn’t announced their team
yet. It is a real line in the sand moment for Fagan. If he selects Jack Gunston after he has four weeks off and demonstrated ZERO good form to support his inclusion, then FAGAN will have demonstrated that he had lost the plot. Forward line has been functioning better WITHOUT Gunston, but Fagan seems to not want to admit he made a huge blunder signing Gunston to a multi-year deal at Brisbane. He very much appears to be putting himself above the club if he selects Gunston for the game on Saturday.
View attachment 1730316
At the same time, players who are in great form, week in and week out I’m the reserves are not selected under Fagan. It is corrosive stuff. I would be happy for Fagan to make 2023 his last year if he gets this wrong.

Imagine this post every hour.

That's what we have to put up with on the Lions' board from 3KZ.

Shittiest groundhog day ever.

Imagine this post every hour.

That's what we have to put up with on the Lions' board from 3KZ.
Shittiest groundhog day ever.
That’s not quite accurate. Plenty of posters melting about this charity selection on the Lions Board.

1688645230962.jpeg
FAGAN ABSOLUTELY STINKS IT UP! Changes game plan and selects out of form player because he’s a pet, while ignoring in form reserves players who are slogging their guts out trying to earn selection in the Seniors. An ‘in form’ Kai Lohmann ignored for the role Callum Ah Chee was playing for Jack Gunston. LAUGHTER. I double dare Fagan to pick Gunston when we play Melbourne at the MCG next week and then Geelong at the Gabba.

That’s not quite accurate. Plenty of posters melting about this charity selection on the Lions Board.

View attachment 1730690
FAGAN ABSOLUTELY STINKS IT UP! Changes game plan and selects out of form player because he’s a pet, while ignoring in form reserves players who are slogging their guts out trying to earn selection in the Seniors. An ‘in form’ Kai Lohmann ignored for the role Callum Ah Chee was playing for Jack Gunston. LAUGHTER. I double dare Fagan to pick Gunston when we play Melbourne at the MCG next week and then Geelong at the Gabba.

I agree with you & them completely.

I still hate your continual fagan condescending posts.

Back