Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 1 - Blues v Tigers Thurs March 14th 7:30pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bogey side? We’ve owned them for the good part of a decade and been the best team in the comp for 3-4 years of that time. Hardly a bogey side for Carlton to have lost to us.
Also Carlton have been turd for much of that decade

Pretty honest though. Commentators speaking like the players are budding physicists and Richo keeps it real “I dunno, just kicked the ball at the middle and hoped”
Yeah but let's not pretend Richo would just kick in hope with nfi.

You don't hold the ground record for goals if you've got nfi

100%. Whenever richmond essendon or carlton are the away team against a big 4 its shizenhousen
Credit to Collingwood who wear their mainly white when away in big 4
Collingwood's current "mainly" white is s**t house too.

AFL have just let them all take the piss.

I wouldn't say the umpiring has been awful in any instance, it's more that about 10 line ball decisions have all gone Richmond's way and a few were responsible for goals.
It’s been pretty bad but we normally get reamed weekly so I’m glad we are on the right end of it so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we the only sport where umpires are mic’d up for live play?
I mean record it and use it in replays but what does it add?

I think it is great they are mic’s up.

Some of the best moments are when they pay a free, try to explain it, a replay is shown to criticise the decision, and the crowd boos when it is clearly wrong.

I wouldn't say the umpiring has been awful in any instance, it's more that about 10 line ball decisions have all gone Richmond's way and a few were responsible for goals.

Wouldn't be AFL without umpires being a talking point. Who would've thought in a league where the umpires are not professional, the league changes rules every year and interpretations of their rules every week.

Now one may hope to fix it by making umpires full time professionals or maybe even more popular just stop ******* with the rules, neither of which all fans would be opposed to. Yet, the boys club in AFL house would rather Dutch rudder and tell each other how clever they are and how dumb we are.

Back