Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I may have been wrong but I went back to clarify and these are his exact words:

On that, I saw plenty of things in the Steam build last night that needs attention.....still.

• Kick passes going 50m in opposite direction;
  • Handballs are still buggy 25% of the time;
  • I think I saw maybe 30 tackles that should have been incorrect disposals but were play on;
  • the rest of the tackles the player somehow managed to miraculously kick or handball a pass to a team mate;
  • Players still getting up from tackles.
Guess these patches for steam did absolutely nothing other than add tactics then šŸ™ˆ

I wasn't joking when I said that this was an AFLW game by stealth and the AFL was the bonus content! :p

Lol well you can scratch that last comment, ball went out of bounds again and it crashed! Iā€™ve been pretty lucky with crashes, Iā€™ve had my fair share of them, but for the game improve more and more how am I now getting more crashes compared to when it first came out. It doesnā€™t make any sense.

Thatā€™s 2 games now where itā€™s gone out of bounds and crashed, one in management mode and womenā€™s management mode.

I thought I may have been wrong but I went back to clarify and these are his exact words:

On that, I saw plenty of things in the Steam build last night that needs attention.....still.

• Kick passes going 50m in opposite direction;
  • Handballs are still buggy 25% of the time;
  • I think I saw maybe 30 tackles that should have been incorrect disposals but were play on;
  • the rest of the tackles the player somehow managed to miraculously kick or handball a pass to a team mate;
  • Players still getting up from tackles.

I had a handball that went a considerable distance on the ground last night, it wasn't AS BAD as the older bug where the thing went from one side of the ground to the other (and out of bounds etc) but it was still shocking to see!

Lol well you can scratch that last comment, ball went out of bounds again and it crashed! Iā€™ve been pretty lucky with crashes, Iā€™ve had my fair share of them, but for the game improve more and more how am I now getting more crashes compared to when it first came out. It doesnā€™t make any sense.

Thatā€™s 2 games now where itā€™s gone out of bounds and crashed, one in management mode and womenā€™s management mode.

I posted a video of a crash a few nights ago, the ball was kicked out on the full, the AI kicked it back in and boom crash!

Haven't purchased the game as the reviews/litany of errors listed on here on a daily basis point to a game that is full of bugs and I would get precisely zero enjoyment out of it. It seems on a daily basis new things are being found and fixed and for the little time a week I get to play video games I want something that works/runs as intended.

I do question whether the Ultimate Team clone (the money spinner) should proceed when the $100 game is still encountering new issues on a daily basis. The daily patches is good but should be expected considering the state of the game on release. In my opinion if the Ultimate Team still proceeds perhaps packs should be free/achievement based instead of microtransactions?
Packs will be able to be earned whilst also allowing for micro transactions
Wonā€™t be one or the other

Other than that, the daily patches have stopped and the game still has a lot of issues so if youā€™ve got little time on your hands, Iā€™d avoid this until Xbox releases

If PS users don't get a patch tomorrow morning (3am-ish) then we won't be getting one until Tuesday morning.
I don't mind waiting over the weekend for another patch considering it's going under more testing, I'm happy where the game is currently (well I am anyway :p) I'm sure the patch/patches coming is/are going to have a few things in the notes and going to cover certain aspects over the WHOLE game, I'd rather wait a few more days then take a step back to that broken stage we had a few nights ago people were having on Steam :)

Let's just see how today unfolds and fingers crossed there is another patch tonight for us to look forward to next week for Console (if that is the case)

To put the marketing into context Mortal Kombat which is releasing in September has already put out gameplay footage / trailer... We saw next to nothing in terms of footage and game play and it was only a few days out from release which was delayed that we saw anything...

Anyway... I took an RDO today and my cousin ended up coming down last night so we had a go last night and this morning on the game.

It's not all negative, the grounds, most of player models, kits etc I can't fault , it looks bloody good. I do like the animations for goal kicking and the way the ball can float/ bend for the snaps etc.

The game does have a lot of potential but man it is so far off the mark it isn't funny. Personally I feel like for anything that is good in the game there are about 5 things bad. The mechanics, player movement, game crashing, bugs like the stretchy hair and dancing on the spot occurred. We looked at management mode and to put it nicely it is actually so bad compared to even AFL Evo, it is the barest of bones which ultimately will kill this game. If you can't edit stats , use custom teams in management etc it is going to die very quickly. Who wants to draft a bunch of fake players every year surely with the academy people could create current or previous draft classes...

The game play I found playing vs my cousin was pretty good, you can have some fun with it and its competitive not scripted but as soon as you try and play vs the AI you just get smacked in the face with how scripted the game can be and it becomes so mundane and dull with the game style. The AI kicked 6 goals in a row in a quarter against my cousin and the 6 goals were exactly the same piece of play every time ruck man taps out ball goes loose to wingman hits up CHF who goals from 50 every time.

I think this game will be fun if your playing vs a real person but completely suck playing against the AI. Unless they completely change management mode the game will have a very little lifespan outside of Pro Team which when you think about it is probably what this game is mostly going to revolve around. The novelty of opening packs and getting legends is cool but how long will that last?

I don't mind waiting over the weekend for another patch considering it's going under more testing, I'm happy where the game is currently (well I am anyway :p) I'm sure the patch/patches coming is/are going to have a few things in the notes and going to cover certain aspects over the WHOLE game, I'd rather wait a few more days then take a step back to that broken stage we had a few nights ago people were having on Steam :)

Let's just see how today unfolds and fingers crossed there is another patch tonight for us to look forward to next week for Console (if that is the case)

$50 says a (potential) patch tonight will undo last nights patch and make it worse AGAIN. Further cementing the 1 step forward, 5 steps back framework!

To put the marketing into context Mortal Kombat which is releasing in September has already put out gameplay footage / trailer... We saw next to nothing in terms of footage and game play and it was only a few days out from release which was delayed that we saw anything...

Anyway... I took an RDO today and my cousin ended up coming down last night so we had a go last night and this morning on the game.

It's not all negative, the grounds, most of player models, kits etc I can't fault , it looks bloody good. I do like the animations for goal kicking and the way the ball can float/ bend for the snaps etc.

The game does have a lot of potential but man it is so far off the mark it isn't funny. Personally I feel like for anything that is good in the game there are about 5 things bad. The mechanics, player movement, game crashing, bugs like the stretchy hair and dancing on the spot occurred. We looked at management mode and to put it nicely it is actually so bad compared to even AFL Evo, it is the barest of bones which ultimately will kill this game. If you can't edit stats , use custom teams in management etc it is going to die very quickly. Who wants to draft a bunch of fake players every year surely with the academy people could create current or previous draft classes...

The game play I found playing vs my cousin was pretty good, you can have some fun with it and its competitive not scripted but as soon as you try and play vs the AI you just get smacked in the face with how scripted the game can be and it becomes so mundane and dull with the game style. The AI kicked 6 goals in a row in a quarter against my cousin and the 6 goals were exactly the same piece of play every time ruck man taps out ball goes loose to wingman hits up CHF who goals from 50 every time.

I think this game will be fun if your playing vs a real person but completely suck playing against the AI. Unless they completely change management mode the game will have a very little lifespan outside of Pro Team which when you think about it is probably what this game is mostly going to revolve around. The novelty of opening packs and getting legends is cool but how long will that last?
Thatā€™s one of the many major issues
If you lose ruck, thereā€™s no recovery unless you somehow magically spoil an inside 50 entry to your teammate which rarely happens. Rinse and repeat.

Player selection is still horrendous. I never feel fully in control

Players run past the opposition when they have the ball because tackling is still very few and far between

Handballs rarely go in the direction you want them to

Set shots never seem to make the distance from 50 anymore. Doesnā€™t matter if youā€™re using Peter Wright or Tippa. They always drop short

Thereā€™s wind at Marvel (Lol)

If you handball to a player near the boundary, itā€™s like the crowd has massive ass magnets that your players just can not avoid. Literally no control over keeping the player in

Players get stuck around the protected zone leading to the opposition having open players everywhere

CHF is still OP as it seems to be the AIā€™s only plan of attack

Iā€™m sure I could name more if I played a game but atm, I just donā€™t find any enjoyment in it with all of these issues just piling up

I'd love more control over the player, it's annoying trying to link up player by player with passes (either kicks or handballs) and some move freely once they have the ball, and others just stand there not knowing what to do.... MOVE YOUR LEGS, RUN FORREST RUNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Can't even blame teleport tackles for the mess I saw last night when the player just froze, the AI literally completed the run without teleporting. Would have disposed of the ball seconds earlier had he not got stuck!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so the next console patch will be "within the next 7 days!" FFS!
Probably want to make sure the patch is ready and stable before releasing to console. Think of it as making sure you guys on console get the best version, with as minimal issues as possible.

Packs will be able to be earned whilst also allowing for micro transactions
Wonā€™t be one or the other

Other than that, the daily patches have stopped and the game still has a lot of issues so if youā€™ve got little time on your hands, Iā€™d avoid this until Xbox releases
Yeah doesn't sit well with me at all. It was a $100 game on release and very broken and they're still planning on the UT replication and micro-transaction route.

The purchases of the game deserve something for their patience and support of a product that was sub-standard. That many bugs/daily issues found should be considered in conscience when it comes to the plan to have micro-transactions and how that is actually managed going forward.

Sounds like they're happy to use the tiny Steam playerbase as QA.

And they don't really care about the "minor" issues that get found (such in the case of a certain person not caring about the player radar overlapping with the set shot meter).

Ok let me explain this. I said the game was better pre launch than the we got at launch. In that instance Iā€™m specifically talking pre launch and then launch (Day 1). Thatā€™s part 1
The other part to that and what I said after (Better than pre launch) is me saying that the game now is better than what it was pre launch. So In this second instance Iā€™m comparing pre launch to now..
Thats what I have been saying the whole time.. Does that make sense?.
The so called god status pre launch was worse than the game we have now ? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I didn't see as many stupid glitches during pre launch compared to now so I have no clue how you came up with that conclusion.

Again you make no sense and are all over the place.

Even the other supporters of BA are saying the pre launch was better than what it is now. How can you call this trash where there is barely any player growth in manager mode, s**t ratings , glitch after glitch better than pre launch? šŸ¤£

Tcj0iG.gif

This is what I think of when people say "handpasses are broken" or "tackling is broken"
Maybe, just maybe, it could be the fact that you don't know how to do it ;)

I'm a PS5 user (and an old man too) an I have found handballing to be very responsive and effective as well. Likewise with holding down the Triangle button instead of just pressing it once.

By simply slinging poo on something that you find you couldn't execute 100% effectively does not mean "it's broken", it simply means you need to adapt and evolve your skills in that area.

Once again, I am an old man, so maybe I don't have the same mindset of shitting on everything in the world because I realise life ain't perfect, and things (such as video games) can be fixed.

Haven't purchased the game as the reviews/litany of errors listed on here on a daily basis point to a game that is full of bugs and I would get precisely zero enjoyment out of it. It seems on a daily basis new things are being found and fixed and for the little time a week I get to play video games I want something that works/runs as intended.

I do question whether the Ultimate Team clone (the money spinner) should proceed when the $100 game is still encountering new issues on a daily basis. The daily patches is good but should be expected considering the state of the game on release. In my opinion if the Ultimate Team still proceeds perhaps packs should be free/achievement based instead of microtransactions?
I can literally see the glitches in their ultimate team now. You pull a bontempelli and instead of his face on it it's a picture of bevo instead

Tcj0iG.gif

This is what I think of when people say "handpasses are broken" or "tackling is broken"
Maybe, just maybe, it could be the fact that you don't know how to do it ;)

I'm a PS5 user (and an old man too) an I have found handballing to be very responsive and effective as well. Likewise with holding down the Triangle button instead of just pressing it once.

By simply slinging poo on something that you find you couldn't execute 100% effectively does not mean "it's broken", it simply means you need to adapt and evolve your skills in that area.

Once again, I am an old man, so maybe I don't have the same mindset of shitting on everything in the world because I realise life ain't perfect, and things (such as video games) can be fixed.
Somehow I donā€™t think handballs going in the opposite direction of the way youā€™re pointing is ā€˜user errorā€™
Likewise when players run past the man with the ball. Canā€™t do much about that regardless of age lol

Relax guys cricket is releasing soon for them so it was always on the cards that the attention would move to that quickly.

Obviously would have been more ideal if the game launched in a better state but I think you lot on the PS were dreaming if you were going to get regular patches with cricket coming out soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back