Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Competitiveness for me isn't just about desire. 99% of afl players would have a desire to win. What divides them is football attributes. If competitiveness was equal across the afl, there would still be a hierarchy of teams based on how well they can actually play. We need more players who embody competitiveness in a way that translates to winning football.

Competitiveness for me isn't just about desire. 99% of afl players would have a desire to win. What divides them is football attributes. If competitiveness was equal across the afl, there would still be a hierarchy of teams based on how well they can actually play. We need more players who embody competitiveness in a way that translates to winning football.

Enter George Wardlaw.

Im preparing myself for clarke to be in cats colours next year :(
It'll be a double edged sword, IF Jhye Clarke is available and we don't pick him, people will be like "oh, you should have picked the best player" otherwise, if he is a bust, people will be like "ph, why did you pick ANOTHER of the same type of player?"

Just can't win

It'll be a double edged sword, IF Jhye Clarke is available and we don't pick him, people will be like "oh, you should have picked the best player" otherwise, if he is a bust, people will be like "ph, why did you pick ANOTHER of the same type of player?"

Just can't win
id want Clarke if we can secure 7
With 4, we should go whichever of the top picks is still on the board.

Cadman and Clarke is my wishlist.

Really? You take Clarke at 4 ahead of Sheezel or Cadman if they are available?

Watched the u18 games but didn’t see what you see. I need to take another look.
clarke for me embodies the "size of the fight"
If Cadman or Sheezel are there, i take them. I wouldn't be upset with Clarke at 4. But reckon he's gettable at 7 if the pick is gettable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? You take Clarke at 4 ahead of Sheezel or Cadman if they are available?

Watched the u18 games but didn’t see what you see. I need to take another look.
I do not think either will be there.
Clarke ticks a lot of boxes even if he does not have the outright X factor of Sheezal. If Cadman is there I think you just pick him.
Clarke is a seriously good player. Inside game, outside spread , two way runner , team first , leadership, good skills on both sides and a massive competitor.
If he was 186cm rather than 181cm everyone here would be drooling over him. He is absolutely everything we need in a player.

Clarke ticks a lot of boxes even if he does not have the outright X factor of Sheezal. If Cadman is there I think you just pick him.
Clarke is a seriously good player. Inside game, outside spread , two way runner , team first , leadership, good skills on both sides and a massive competitor.
If he was 186cm rather than 181cm everyone here would be drooling over him. He is absolutely everything we need in a player.

What's the end game for him and Hobbs next to each other? What roles are they performing?

What's the end game for him and Hobbs next to each other? What roles are they performing?
Hobbs will be the better inside clearance player but Clarke compliments that by being able to take his turn but also do what he has done this year by standing the oppositions best midfielders when needed.
If we are looking at leadership and competitive players as the first box ticked then he is one who does.

I think Cadman , Sheezal and Wardlaw will go and I. Am with you on Tsatas . Very good but has no defensive game and is not a hard edge player.

Thoughts on phillipou?

Looks like a clean kick, goal kicking mid/fwd (1.5 a game), tall, clearances and youngest in the draft.

What’s the knock on him?

Thoughts on phillipou?

Looks like a clean kick, goal kicking mid/fwd (1.5 a game), tall, clearances and youngest in the draft.

What’s the knock on him?
I have liked what I have seen but it is all on replay. Have not seen him live so I only have 3/4 of the picture.
Would not complain if we went with him .

Interested that Port were mentioned as potentially trading out of pick 8 to help suffice the dees with a top 10 pick for Jackson

Either means they dont rate Phillipou or they think he could be available at pick 13

Hobbs will be the better inside clearance player but Clarke compliments that by being able to take his turn but also do what he has done this year by standing the oppositions best midfielders when needed.
If we are looking at leadership and competitive players as the first box ticked then he is one who does.

I think Cadman , Sheezal and Wardlaw will go and I. Am with you on Tsatas . Very good but has no defensive game and is not a hard edge player.

Even if he has some high desirable traits, I can't go with you on this one. I see Rowbottom/Perryman in him, just doesn't translate to getting maximum value out of the pick for me.

I think this draft looks good for a moneyball play, lots of guys at the back end who don't project massive quality but have some really nice attributes to develop into role players: Bevan, Drury, Ryan, A'loia, Campbell-Farrell, Binns, Clohesy, Petric, Pascu, Dowling, Binns, Teal. This is the area we should be focusing on for a run with type. Might get lucky and end up with an Atkins or Gutherie.

We tried it with Mutch and Clarke but these guys seem much less fundamentally flawed than they were.

Interested that Port were mentioned as potentially trading out of pick 8 to help suffice the dees with a top 10 pick for Jackson

Either means they dont rate Phillipou or they think he could be available at pick 13
They’ll use 13 on Jack Graham I reckon.

I watch a lot of nab footy.
‘I think Ashcroft, wardlaw, sheezel, cadman and Humphrey are the top 5 players in the competition
clark, tsatsas, hollands, McKenzie and George are next level.
my mail on phillipou is perhaps a bit of immaturity which wouldn’t surprise as he is december born.
a few scenarios for ya

scenario 1

brisbane- Ashcroft given
nm- sheezel
wc- wardlaw
gws- cadman
ess- humphrey

brisbane- ashcroft
nm- cadman
wc- wardlaw
gws- humphrey
ess- sheezel

brisbane- ashcroft
nm- wardlaw
wc- humphrey
gws- cadman
ess- sheezel

talk is sheezel is a flight risk
my Scenarios do not take into account nm splitting pick
some analysts will have tsatsas in first group however I feel Humphrey is better and has more X factor
I feel sheezel or Humphrey most likely

Theyd want a fair bit in return, otherwise theyre silly doing so
Port want a fair bit in return? Probably would get an F2 or so for sliding back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back