Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking like a strong top 30 to 40.
No Harley Reid or Jed Walter for mine but some nice depth in the first couple of rounds.
Unfortunately I don’t think kako will make it past 40 which would have been a wonderful result.
Thoughts on Sam Lalor? I like the idea of a powerful mid/fwd

Thoughts on Sam Lalor? I like the idea of a powerful mid/fwd
I watched his first game back for school where he kicked 7 goals.
Certainly has forward/ mid traits.
Speed will be interesting question mark.
I would like to nab another tall forward on our list with Whitlock right now probably being the one that fits our draft position- hopefully pick 14 or so.
An elite small forward who applies elite pressure would be handy too.

Kershaw's name has emerged in recent days as a MSD target for a couple of clubs including Essendon. Liam is a 194cm rangy winger who takes marks, uses the ball well by foot and works back hard to help out his defense. He doesnt turn 19 until October suggesting plenty of upside and physical growth is still on the cards.

I think we take 3 picks max. Take Kako. Maybe another half back given they're using Roberts on a wing. Third I'm open to anything.

I think we take 3 picks max. Take Kako. Maybe another half back given they're using Roberts on a wing. Third I'm open to anything.
Also can see Foley being picked up as a Cat B rookie at this stage. Playing well in the vfl.

Last edited:
I read that as being +2 years post draft eligible makes him ineligible to be a Cat B rookie
Yeah for some reason I thought he was still only 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching plenty of junior footy.
Joe berry is who I would take in a heartbeat if still on the board.
If we wanted a tall forward Jack Whitlock is probably best option.
NGA rules are being reviewed and this will affect any chance we may have to acquire Kako.

NGA rules are being reviewed and this will affect any chance we may have to acquire Kako.
Have not seen as much as I would like but the little I have seen of Berry I like. His pressure is very good and he looks handy around goal.

Have not seen as much as I would like but the little I have seen of Berry I like. His pressure is very good and he looks handy around goal.
He is a ripper.
I do not think he will be around at our pick unfortunately.
Natural goal kicker, elite kick, composed and puts on pressure.
Here is my current top 20 for anyone interested. It will be a bit different to most but I call it as I see it.

1 O’Sullivan by the Flemington straight
2 Ashcroft- selfish but gets the footy in the midfield and forward half and can flat out play
3 smilie- big body and can win his own ball. I would like to see more athleticism in his movements
4 berry- goal kicking classy operator who will be very good
5 Reid- class and composure. Has hurt factor with the footy- can win it and distribute it.
6 welsh- natural forward with size, speed and a bit of mongrel
7 hotton- speed, agility and class. Season ending injury may hurt him
8. Lombard- ball winning ability, speed and quite physical. Will cope quickly in afl
9 mraz- tall defender who is a competitor. Season ending injury will hurt him
10 smith- ball winner who gut bust runs. I reckon lacks hurt with footy.
11 lalor- powerful unit who kicks ball well, has agility and significant forward craft
12 moraes- skilful hard running mid who is able to play in forward half
13 faull- loved him as a bottom age year- lively forward who is dangerous in the air and competitive at ground level
14 Draper- honest midfielder who has a burst of speed and adept at accumulating possessions
15 travaglia- speedy half back who defends well and provides rebound from half back
16 j Whitlock- bit speculative but I like his attack of the ball in the air and athletic
17 trainor- not convinced he will be an elite lockdown defender but I feel he might develop into a Ridley type interceptor
18 Marshall- nice sized midfielder who I think has the speed and running power to play on the wing at afl level
19 Nicholls- nice sized forward from sa who has nice hands. Lacks a bit of athleticism but has some forward craft
20 m Whitlock- looks a bit shakier than Jack with footy in hand for mine but athletic and can play forward and back

Considered camporeale, Kayo, gross, Oliver and champion

Whats his speed like

An important attribute for the area he plays

Only seen him once, wouldnt say hes ridiculous but would need to watch more

1.Finn Osullivan
2. Jack Whitlock
3. Bo Allen
4. Levi Ashcroft*
5. Sid Draper
6. Josh Smilie
7. Christian Moreas
7a. Leo Lombard*
8. Harvey Langford
9. Luke Trainor
10. Jagga Smith
11. Sam Marshall*
12. Toby Travaglia
13. Joe Berry (Would like to see more)
14. Isaac Kako (Would like to see more)
14a Jobe Shanahan
15. Xavier Ivisic
16. Murphy Reid
17. Charlie Nicholls
18. Camporale*
19. Camporale*
20. Tyler Welsh*
21. Joel Cochrane*

Faull*
H.OFarrell*
Taj Hotton*
Lalor*
Gross*
Harry Oliver*
Mraz*

Would be my rough order for now

Looks a pretty good 15-30 range

Last edited:
with your posting history suggests you have some knowledge or info from (TAC Cup) club land. Is there any positive light on the changing of NGA rules? The further into the season it goes, the less likely I think it will benefit us

with your posting history suggests you have some knowledge or info from (TAC Cup) club land. Is there any positive light on the changing of NGA rules? The further into the season it goes, the less likely I think it will benefit us
Clubs simply don’t know.
My guess the biggest change may be clubs trading a first rounder for more points.
I don’t think this is the issue.
I would take away the discount and make clubs match 100% at any draft position.
For example bulldogs would have had to fork out 3000 points for juh not 2400.
I don’t think any changes should be made this year as clubs have tried to strategically plan a year or two ahead.

I watched joe berry again today and I really like him.
Speed, neat left foot, defensive intent and took a nice contested mark.
Would be our best small forward very quickly.
Tyson stengle would obviously be handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back