AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I trade Symes to Milburn this week? Or do I trade Bradshaw for him in a few weeks?

My backline would then look like

H shaw
B Waters
B Goddard
T kennelly
Milburn/Symes
Milburn/Bradshaw
D pfeiffer

Hansen
S D Thompson

And when Cornes comes back he should slot in nicely for Pfeiffer
Port are playing Sydney so Cornes may drop to around 380-400
Out goes Palmer or Armitage (preferrably Armitage) to earn some nice cash
and hopefully Pfeiffer is selected this week as well as Armitage
Does anyone think either will be dropped?

Super backline. Should last the year:thumbsu:. Im going to keep Wonnman and Ibbotson as my 7th back

Thanks buddy, yeah Ibbo should be a good 7th back for you, but I think he might run out of steam near the tail end of the season...My midfield is my next upgrade target, looking at Houli to upgrade next, then will see how my side balances up then...

This is my backline when I complete this weeks trades :-
Chad Cornes
Heath Shaw
Brent Guerra
Lindsay Gilbee
Beau Waters
Chris Newman
Brad Symes
I think that backline looks pretty much set for the whole year barring injuries, anyone think otherwise..?

Same as mine except i have Birchall instead of Newman

Thanks buddy, yeah Ibbo should be a good 7th back for you, but I think he might run out of steam near the tail end of the season...My midfield is my next upgrade target, looking at Houli to upgrade next, then will see how my side balances up then...

In the same boat. My midfield i rate just above average:

G.Ablett
D.Swan
P.Chapman
H.Scotland
N.Stevens
R.Palmer

C.Bird S.Browne - will trade him in this week
From that ill need to upgrade Palmer and MAYBE Stevens

Rucks will look to get rid of Mcintosh for White/Cox

Fowards willl get rid of Porps maybe and Sylvia

This is my backline at the moment, doesn't look like i need to trade again, maybe Symes if his scores are effected by Reilly and Knights.
C.Cornes
J.Bowden
H.Shaw
Goddard
Birchall
Bradshaw
Symes

N.Brown
Hartlett

Over next few weeks I need to upgrade the following players who have peaked: Dyson, Hill, Ellis, which of the following should I do this week?

Dyson to gun mid (thinking Kornes but Cam Bruce is intriguing as is starting to hit form and at great value)

Ellis to Milburn/Goddard

Hill to Pav/Chappy/Richo

Rank them in the order I should do them!

Ive now heard Priddis has a groin injury.
Hopefully the week off will help:mad::mad:
Please dont drop Armitage St Kilda:(:(

By the way how long until Didak and Mettwurst drop off :confused:

Will be both suprised and very pissed off if he is dropped as I just traded him in last week because i was sick of JMac no getting a game. Now looks like JMac will at least get 3 weeks to prove himself and if Armitage is dropped i will not be a happy chappy because he also looks like he ahs the potential to score very heavily. Fingers crossed he stays and Bowden gets a game for the love of God.

Ive now heard Priddis has a groin injury.
Hopefully the week off will help:mad::mad:
Please dont drop Armitage St Kilda:(:(

By the way how long until Didak and Mettwurst drop off :confused:

Stupid question (who really knows) anyway i think didak has more chance of maintaning good scores as he is playing up the ground more.

Yes, personally I think he's peaked

I agree too - but the trade options will drop more in value in the next week or two than he will (eg S.Fisher, Milburn, P.Burgoyne). Even some of the cheaper 'premiums' will only hold in value (Gilbee has a b/e of 67, but he's playing Sydney, and Goddard's b/e of 83 is about his average). I suggest holding Mattner for another week and hope he keeps hitting those 75's. Surely you have bigger priorites! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I also traded him in last week.
He is my cash cow to get Cornes aswell

Really stuck
I have to find 2 keepers out of Porplyzia, Symes and Bradshaw.
Any opinions?

I agree too - but the trade options will drop more in value in the next week or two than he will (eg S.Fisher, Milburn, P.Burgoyne). Even some of the cheaper 'premiums' will only hold in value (Gilbee has a b/e of 67, but he's playing Sydney, and Goddard's b/e of 83 is about his average). I suggest holding Mattner for another week and hope he keeps hitting those 75's. Surely you have bigger priorites! :D

Thanks for that im just sick of the poor scores that he has scored for me so far

currently i have a massive dilemna

26,100 in the bank and 17 trades left.
Week links are ellis,dyson hill... here are 2 options i am considering heavilly

1)
Dyson to armitage Ellis to Goddard

week after downgrade eg bird to browne make 100 grand and turn hill into lets say chapman so it is

Chapman Goddard and Armitage

2) if things go to plan i will be able to get bartel or corey

Hill to a rookie 83,500 or 73,000(hopefuly valenti plays) start Gamble and then turn ellis into Goddard. The week after if Bartram rises enough and Dyson doesn't do anything stupid I will downgrade Bartram to a rookie and then i have 470 grand(including dyson) to get a premium midfielder(Bartel or Corey)....

This will then be Bartel Goddard and Gamble...but a lot of this relies on luck but if things dont work out i will still be able to get Corey.

For people still reading:eek: what is the better option...i am trully stuck and my love towards bartel doesn't help me at all.

Would love oppinions...cheers:thumbsu:

currently i have a massive dilemna

26,100 in the bank and 17 trades left.
Week links are ellis,dyson hill... here are 2 options i am considering heavilly

1)
Dyson to armitage Ellis to Goddard

week after downgrade eg bird to browne make 100 grand and turn hill into lets say chapman so it is

Chapman Goddard and Armitage

2) if things go to plan i will be able to get bartel or corey

Hill to a rookie 83,500 or 73,000(hopefuly valenti plays) start Gamble and then turn ellis into Goddard. The week after if Bartram rises enough and Dyson doesn't do anything stupid I will downgrade Bartram to a rookie and then i have 470 grand(including dyson) to get a premium midfielder(Bartel or Corey)....

This will then be Bartel Goddard and Gamble...but a lot of this relies on luck but if things dont work out i will still be able to get Corey.

For people still reading:eek: what is the better option...i am trully stuck and my love towards bartel doesn't help me at all.

Would love oppinions...cheers:thumbsu:

They're the exact trades I'm deciding over atm. Very similar amount in the bank too.

The Bird to Browne trade is a little risky. Good debut, but whatever he scored in his first game's only in his rotation for the one week.

I'd love to pick up Goddard this week (it would set my backline for at least 6 or 7 weeks), but the risk is that Valenti doesn't get enough games and in turn spends the majority of the season sitting at around 100k. On the other hand, Hill may remain at around 220k for the next couple of weeks, and it only takes an 80 for him to go up another 15-20k.

I'll also have a spare 120k, which may mean I'll be able to use a couple of trades to turn Bird into a Kornes or Corey in a couple of weeks, leaving one of Masten or Palmer on the bench.

Holding off for a week or two may be an option, but if Ellis has a shocker then he's going to end up where he started.

The fact that Chad's missing for a month is a big reason why I'm considering bringing in Goddard to make things a lot stronger.

Downgrading Dyson to Browne/Armitage
Thornton to P. Burgoyne

Next week Hall to Chapman/B.J
Possibly trade either Hill or Bird

Then in a couple weeks time upgrading N.Jones to a Bartel/kornes/corey etc.
That will leave me with arguably 3-5 players needing upgrades and 11 trades.

Lifelike i am not going to hold off the trade this week because these 3 are murdering my scores consistently.....

i think the first option is safer but as we have seen from this year it is midfielders who have been dominating......The problem you pointed out is a big one(no forward rookies)

Tough decisions and risky decisions to be made

Agreed absolutely no-one in the forwards at the moment to cash in on. Best look imo is Lachlan Hansen, not his biggest fan and haven't been watching any of the games. But, appears to be the only rookie (besides Valenti) who is likely to get a game some time soon. But as always just wait until thurs night for the team sheets to see if anyone pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back