Rumour AFL not happy with Tex criticism of MRO. Sanction could loom.

Remove this Banner Ad

If the AFL remains quiet, then that’s basically McClure calling himself out. Btw, I do think you are being mean to all the ******* reporters when mentioning McClure among that group.
When jurnos use the term "it is my understanding" it is nothing more than an attempt to draw attention to a situation

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caro and the like have the narrative all wrong. This isn’t Tex complaining he’s hard done by. Tex is just saying he’s a regular player. The point he’s making is that Cotchin is protected. Just like Selwood who gets away with eye gouging. Just like Hawkins who gets away with staging and hands in the back.

Everyone’s missing that Tex then followed up saying Toby Greene would get a year.

To simplify it for the dummies:

1. Protected species (Cotchin) - fine
2. Everyone else - weeks
3. Greene - heavy suspension

Buckley is right about the stereotyping of players. Hodge, Selwood, Mitchell all great blokes who occasionally made a mistake. Remember Tex calling Mitchell out for being a serial pincher?
Mitchell liked to put a knee into players off the ball too. I remember an AFL360 sliding doors moment where Robbo was adamant Sam was not that player so they showed him the footage against GWS and you could see the faith bleed out of him with the sobriety sneaking up to him.

Mitchell liked to put a knee into players off the ball too. I remember an AFL360 sliding doors moment where Robbo was adamant Sam was not that player so they showed him the footage against GWS and you could see the faith bleed out of him with the sobriety sneaking up to him.

Robbo? Sobriety?

I won’t have it.

You're right it was kneeing. The pinching was their captain Stratton.

Didnt Mitchell once knee Tex at a game at AO, about 6-8 years back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's about the right time. He broke 2015 Fyfe with one

No, you all have it wrong... It was his gait. It was the way he ran. He naturally ran with a high knee lift. And that's the defence , your Honour.
Remember all the Hawk's nuffies both in the media and on here convinced proved it to us all.
Either Garry Ablett or Ryan Griffin was the first victim, followed up by the other. By the time Tex got in the way it was old news, but no, it was his natural gait.

Buckley is right about the stereotyping of players. Hodge, Selwood, Mitchell all great blokes who occasionally made a mistake. Remember Tex calling Mitchell out for being a serial pincher?
Mitchell handed out more corked thighs with his dirty play than any player that's ever played the game. Pretty sure Tex called Mitchell out for exactly that. Mitchell very good at handing out a "stray" knee to the oppo players thigh.

Mitchell handed out more corked thighs with his dirty play than any player that's ever played the game. Pretty sure Tex called Mitchell out for exactly that. Mitchell very good at handing out a "stray" knee to the oppo players thigh.
And the ex-players laugh about Hawthorn's "unsociable" play. Good bloke Hodgey was a master of it. I remember him giving a very young Chris Knights a face rub on the boundary at AAMI as just one example.

The entire footy classified Panel including Eddie reckon that Cotchin was just protecting himself and didn't "Kick" him and shouldn't have even been fined.

That wasn’t even the worst part.

The worst part was when they referenced some activist they previously had on the show, who bascially said Tex is a very racist bad horrible man and he should worship at the feet of the magnanimous experts who’ve let him play football again, and just be seen and not heard for the rest of his career.

And to that I say, and Tex should say: Go * yourself

And the ex-players laugh about Hawthorn's "unsociable" play. Good bloke Hodgey was a master of it. I remember him giving a very young Chris Knights a face rub on the boundary at AAMI as just one example.
I think Tex's was that bad that he had a muscle tissue bleed in the area?

The entire footy classified Panel including Eddie reckon that Cotchin was just protecting himself and didn't "Kick" him and shouldn't have even been fined.
Including Kane? Because when that panel were talking about Richmond last episode he said Cotchin would be getting suspended... He's certainly changed his tune then. Either that or his employers emphatically changed it for him!

Remember Hodge's bump of Wingard's head against the goalpost?

Should have been a season long suspension for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back