Rumour AFL not happy with Tex criticism of MRO. Sanction could loom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol the caro and Rowe interview was hilarious today, you know Rowe just wanted to explode but instead makes fun of himself and changes the topic to keep the peace. The hilarious thing is Caro actually believes tex said those comments because he was disgruntled with his racism suspension rather than the obvious which is cotchin is a protected species and has been getting away with dog acts for years. she’s such an old bag I hope she is out of the media soon, unbearable.
Just wait, she'll be the 2pac of AFL media. Years after she's gone there will still be newly discovered unreleased articles.

Chloroform in print would be my assessment of AFL journalism.

I was wondering why this could have been swept away so quickly, no follow-ups, no please explains ...

How many weeks has Cotchin been suspended for in his career? Someone said he had been found guilty 9 times?

View attachment 1379996
Wow, didn't know that. According to this article in the Guardian, Toby Greene is up to 14 matches. That means two more and he gets deregistered?

I don't think AFL is included in that

Players shall be automatically deregistered and not allowed further registration with the same or another Club or League (except in accordance with section 3.3) if the Player has served a combined total of sixteen (16) matches Suspension (or greater) as a Player or Official (including as a Player during the Player’s AFL Competition career, subject to section 3.2.2(c) below) as a result of Reportable Offences only. For the avoidance of doubt, a Player who is deregistered will also not be allowed to act as an Official in the same or another League or in any Competition.

does that mean, after they leave the AFL and play a lower league or when playing AFL??

Players shall be automatically deregistered and not allowed further registration with the same or another Club or League (except in accordance with section 3.3) if the Player has served a combined total of sixteen (16) matches Suspension (or greater) as a Player or Official (including as a Player during the Player’s AFL Competition career, subject to section 3.2.2(c) below) as a result of Reportable Offences only. For the avoidance of doubt, a Player who is deregistered will also not be allowed to act as an Official in the same or another League or in any Competition.

does that mean, after they leave the AFL and play a lower league or when playing AFL??

I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply at AFL level but carries down to lower levels. Might be wrong but vaguely recall it being discussed on here before

Eg if Toby Greene tries to play club footy in NSW after his AFL career he'd carry his suspended game tally (or a percentage of his games) with him

I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply at AFL level but carries down to lower levels. Might be wrong but vaguely recall it being discussed on here before

Eg if Toby Greene tries to play club footy in NSW after his AFL career he'd carry his suspended game tally (or a percentage of his games) with him

The clause 3.2.2 (c) gives a 25% discount off AFL suspensions (it used to be 50%). So if Toby has as a 14 match tally so far, he's carrying forward 10.5 games to any future career.

The AFL discount used to be 50% - didn't help Steven Baker

Seth Meyers Time GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Still crickets and the next round of footy close to starting.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How beautiful that weeks after #awardgate we get the best confirmation ever that Sam McClure, as Campbell Brown presciently said it, “makes s**t up”

So it’s official. The AFL did not ask Tex for a please explain.

McClure you fckwit a-hole.
Anyone on twitter should put him in his place.

Just a pathetic spiteful individual who can't control his hate for our club & just makes up pure BS at will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back