Rumour AFL not happy with Tex criticism of MRO. Sanction could loom.

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL aren't happy and told McClure this, but because everyone in the media greed with Tex, the AFL has an image issue and decided this is best to simply sweep it under the carpet, rather than provoke the media into presenting the ever growing mountain of evidence of Richmond getting favourable tribunal decisions. Which really would have created a huge controversy. The AFL maybe dumb but its not that dumb.
Yes, this. I'm sure the AFL isn't happy, let's be honest they're entitled to be unhappy when a player or coach takes a public swipe at the MRO. But they also know the reality that they'd be kicking a hornet's nest if they sanctioned Tex when pretty much everyone agrees with him. So quietly let it slide.

Yes, this. I'm sure the AFL isn't happy, let's be honest they're entitled to be unhappy when a player or coach takes a public swipe at the MRO. But they also know the reality that they'd be kicking a hornet's nest if they sanctioned Tex when pretty much everyone agrees with him. So quietly let it slide.
Hilariously so, that they won't even publicly state they are unhappy.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Caro said on 5aa that the AFL rang Tim Silvers to have a word about Tex.

Then 5aa rang Silvers who said it didn’t happen.
And they AFL didn't admit to it either. Actually, I believe Caro and McClure. Any professional organisation would be upset about its integrity being questioned, especially by a player. Lets face it though, the AFL is as professional as a dog taking a piss. But Caro is looking at this the wrong way. Which being a Richmond fan wouldn't surprise anyone. The real story, is why the AFL are choosing to sweep it under the carpet if they are upset. It's clearly because he said the truth that the AFL has an image of favouring Richmond. Only have to look at the standard of umpiring in a recent GF to realise it.

I’ve not read much and can see there’s a few pages behind this that I haven’t read. But simply, good on Tex, * the AFL and the MRP. I can lean in their direction regarding 50’s for showing exasperation in one’s self, but protecting the MRP, they can EAD.

The match review panel is not umpires and there is no flow on effect to participation in lower leagues. Those *******s shouldn’t get it it so wrong and inconsistent as much as they do. And we know the AFL runs it based on their objective du hour anyway and Tex has effectively called them out on it. The AFL desperately want Richmond back up and earning.

I’ve been saying it for over a decade. The AFL is full of the best available from the unbelievably shallow pool.
They need to attract some international talent. Plenty of decent experienced people to be obtained from Europe or USA. What the AFL needs is an outsider. Don't need to be an Aussie Rules fan or Australian. Need someone who is an outstanding administrator. With no allegiance to Victoria they could direct the AFL through a truly national expansion.

I’ve not read much and can see there’s a few pages behind this that I haven’t read. But simply, good on Tex, fu** the AFL and the MRP. I can lean in their direction regarding 50’s for showing exasperation in one’s self, but protecting the MRP, they can EAD.

The match review panel is not umpires and there is no flow on effect to participation in lower leagues. Those *******s shouldn’t get it it so wrong and inconsistent as much as they do. And we know the AFL runs it based on their objective du hour anyway and Tex has effectively called them out on it. The AFL desperately want Richmond back up and earning.
Love it! ;)

I’ve not read much and can see there’s a few pages behind this that I haven’t read. But simply, good on Tex, fu** the AFL and the MRP. I can lean in their direction regarding 50’s for showing exasperation in one’s self, but protecting the MRP, they can EAD.

Their 100k fake fans spend a lot of money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro & Manure are just lying sensationalist scum seeking media attention.

Ignore them as they add no value & are irrelevant.

Tex hasn't been suspended... not even fined.

However, if you are on twitter, feel free to correct their claims... & remind them they are both making up BS.

They need to attract some international talent. Plenty of decent experienced people to be obtained from Europe or USA. What the AFL needs is an outsider. Don't need to be an Aussie Rules fan or Australian. Need someone who is an outstanding administrator. With no allegiance to Victoria they could direct the AFL through a truly national expansion.

Completely agree with this, but we all know it's not going to happen. It's one of the biggest boys clubs going around.

And how will they keep it a Vic bias competition if an outsider comes on board?

Who to believe??? Silvers - uber professional and previously at Hawthorn in a high level management role with impeccable credentials....OR Caro, spiteful grub that likes sinking the boot into our club whether for real or imagined issues.

Thats a tough one

Who to believe??? Silvers - uber professional and previously at Hawthorn in a high level management role with impeccable credentials....OR Caro, spiteful grub that likes sinking the boot into our club whether for real or imagined issues.

Thats a tough one
You just know her response will be “that isnt what I understand”…which is code for I am lying through my teeth, but will throw up some doubt anyway. Her statement btw that Tex was somehow appealing his ban is also such a load of bs..he was simply saying in AFL there are certain players who are protected even though they are dirty week in week out…aka Cotchin, Selwood, Hawkins…also loved her comment re the SA media bias…isnt untrue, but last I checked every national footy show is produced in Melbourne…so we dont exactly lead the AFL agenda media wise…

Next game against Richmond, anyone who gets fined for kicking Cotchin is reimbursed by the club. No worries about any suspensions, precedent has been set.

Lol the caro and Rowe interview was hilarious today, you know Rowe just wanted to explode but instead makes fun of himself and changes the topic to keep the peace. The hilarious thing is Caro actually believes tex said those comments because he was disgruntled with his racism suspension rather than the obvious which is cotchin is a protected species and has been getting away with dog acts for years. she’s such an old bag I hope she is out of the media soon, unbearable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back