Review AFL R6 v Melbourne @Giants Stadium 6:05pm Saturday 11th July

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno who comes in for those two anyway with all our small and medium defenders left back home. Joyce, Dawson and McLennan all hanging around Burleigh.

You could drop Hanley and bring in Caleb, meaning that Luko plays Hanley's role. We'd have a very tall back 6, but doable. Can't replace Harbs with anyone we have on deck though.

Dunno who comes in for those two anyway with all our small and medium defenders left back home. Joyce, Dawson and McLennan all hanging around Burleigh.

You could drop Hanley and bring in Caleb, meaning that Luko plays Hanley's role. We'd have a very tall back 6, but doable. Can't replace Harbs with anyone we have on deck though.
The consideration l'm told is Weller back to HB and Brodie /Fiorini in the midfield.
They will not omit both Harbrow and Hanley to loss of game experience SO I'M TOLD.

The consideration l'm told is Weller back to HB and Brodie /Fiorini in the midfield.
They will not omit both Harbrow and Hanley to loss of game experience SO I'M TOLD.
That would suck for Lach. He's really pumped to be playing midfield finally.

Spare me.

I know you've been polite, but at least put it in the right thread.
Meh. I'd be pissed if I was dropped after one avg game then worked hard for 12w only to be told I needed to work on my defensive game. He's done his apprenticeship and just spurred offers to stay at the club.
Can you clarify if Will and Joyce are at the hub, mate? Good to see you note Brodie is in their thinking. Kid works incredibly hard.

Meh. I'd be pissed if I was dropped after one avg game then worked hard for 12w only to be told I needed to work on my defensive game. He's done his apprenticeship and just spurred offers to stay at the club.

Can you clarify if Will and Joyce are at the hub, mate? Good to see you note Brodie is in their thinking. Kid works incredibly hard.
Brodie and Joyce are not at the hub as per Suns website. Here is your options - Fiorini, Smith, Corbett, Wright, Rankine, Sharp, Graham.

Anyway, who would you drop for Brodie? Most people agree Fiorini is ahead of him. He can only play inside.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't doubt that Will is working hard to improve. We also know this has been identified as something that he has needed to improve on for some time.
The team is clearly stronger than it was last year. He will get chances this year, need to take them with both hands when they arise. Lets not forget that he is only 21 still. Someone like Harry Mckay hardly played until he was 21.

A number of good players haven't cemented their spots until their 4th, 5th plus year in the league

Fiorini listed as a "defender" on our page. His stats have changed into ELITE !!! Pretty funny, will prob get changed after this weekend but still looks good

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 8.04.29 pm.png

Hearing the same that Rankine is going to debut on Saturday. My source/s probably aren't as strong as eppo67 but I'm fairly sure Izzy is in this week.

Two things I'm hoping for/looking forward to this weekend are Rankine debuting and King absolutely towelling up May. Let's not forget, we essentially traded May to secure King so this is really the first time we get to judge the effectiveness of that trade when they go head-to-head. May is giving up at least 10cms of height to Kingy so he'll have to use his strength to beat Big Ben in the contested situations but if I were a Demons fans I'd be worried because May likes to play from behind 9 times out of 10 and that tactic just won't work against King.

Hearing the same that Rankine is going to debut on Saturday. My source/s probably aren't as strong as eppo67 but I'm fairly sure Izzy is in this week.

Two things I'm hoping for/looking forward to this weekend are Rankine debuting and King absolutely towelling up May. Let's not forget, we essentially traded May to secure King so this is really the first time we get to judge the effectiveness of that trade when they go head-to-head. May is giving up at least 10cms of height to Kingy so he'll have to use his strength to beat Big Ben in the contested situations but if I were a Demons fans I'd be worried because May likes to play from behind 9 times out of 10 and that tactic just won't work against King.
I dunno - May is stupid enough to try hurt King and put him out for the season with a dangerous tackle

Brodie and Joyce are not at the hub as per Suns website. Here is your options - Fiorini, Smith, Corbett, Wright, Rankine, Sharp, Graham.

Anyway, who would you drop for Brodie? Most people agree Fiorini is ahead of him. He can only play inside.
I don't disagree that the team is much stronger this year. I'd have Brodie in ahead of Powell but agree Will has fewer strings to his bow than others. Bringing in Ellis and Rowell/Anderson coming in hasn't helped him. For him to have 'fallen' so low to not even come to the hub is just super surprising. Tells him that he's a way off a recall. Comments from the scratch match weren't overly hopeful either.
We don't doubt that Will is working hard to improve. We also know this has been identified as something that he has needed to improve on for some time.
The team is clearly stronger than it was last year. He will get chances this year, need to take them with both hands when they arise. Lets not forget that he is only 21 still. Someone like Harry Mckay hardly played until he was 21.

A number of good players haven't cemented their spots until their 4th, 5th plus year in the league
Probably speaks to how much the likes of Holman, Budarick and Anderson have impressed Dew and co. Ainsworth and MacPherson coming on (and having mid/forward capability) hasn't helped. Good times for Suns fans (finally). I'm a GC local and have been for ages so always watch closely.

Not changing allegiances but want to see them do well.

I think an epileptic pelican that has no right foot would replace him nicely

If we were to finish in a good position this year of make a finals run next year then Harbrow and Hanley need to be in our back 6 and playing well.
No way would I drop them.
I would see it more as “resting” Hanley, rather than dropping him. He has looked tired in the last 2 matches & hasn’t hit his targets as well as previously. It would require a reshuffle of positions though. What about Anderson moving back into Hanley’s spot, with Sharp backfilling for Anderson? Harbrow should stay in. I agree with Fiorini & Rankine for Rowell & Powell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back