Autopsy Round 16 vs Collingwood at Metricon Stadium, Saturday 2nd July, 7:25pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we can at least put a line through the suggestion we’re finals material after the last 2 weeks
Honorable losses are for bottom 8 teams

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Do doubt but in context did any of realisticly expect to be fighting for finals this year ? I thought we were a good 2 away in our progression I think we should just take it week by week try finish at our highest ever then next year with king back be ready to make that real push

The boys looked ******* gassed.

it's almost as though 2 of the players they brought in this week sat on the bench the whole game and made it shorter rotations for everyone else on the ground.

Ridiculous to have 2 players at under 50% TOG

It's like we have had a witches hat out there for 4 weeks let's put another spud out there. In the video Tsitas said to dewy he won't let him down....wel guess what. But it's not on Tsitas its on dewy for selecting a decent footballer

Bad luck that was a text book rigging - the goal they kicked to win the game was free free mark kick goal without GC touching the ball. Then with a couple minutes to go there should have been a free at half forward for contact below the knees then Collingwood get a free and they spend another couple minutes forward.

Saying that if you kicked straighter you win.

You should have won last week too but for a couple individual acts by our players, and a few terrible errors from yours, the result would have been different.

Finals look gone now unfortunately. We will need everything to go our way now and probably need to win most if not all of our remaining games plus relying on other results to get us through. PSA. We can still make VFL finals btw.

Our new goal should now be finishing as high as possible, trying to get our best winning season and highest finish in our history.

We were gallant but that doesn't cut it if we want to be considered a finals team. These losses are hurting and it isn't hurting because they are 'honourable losses' they are hurting because we know how bloody close we are! Losing two games under a goal in the space of 7 days really hurts but that is football unfortunately. We have pretty much only played one game where we were never in the game this year. Every other game we had our chances to win and that is a positive. Next year is our perfect year to push, push hard and look to contend not just for finals but to go pretty deep too. Remember, we have been cursed by some pretty big injuries this season to big name first 22 players.. get them back and we can be a real powerful superteam.

In regards to tonight, we didn't play our best but it was close all night. We had our chances in the 3rd quarter which we botched quite a few chances. Unfortunately that is what cost us the game. Yes the ump missed holding the ball 10 sec left, a contact below the knees missed and I would even say that the holding the ball they called against the suns with not long left looked like a handball but the reality is it shouldn't have got to that. We had perfect close opportunities and didn't capitalise. Levi had a dirty night, Chol missed some easy ones, Izak is a bloody gun.

Umpires didn't lose us that game.
We lost that, dominated the 3rd and start of the 4th but couldn't capitalise, lost the game there.
I think it’s a mixture, we need to be good enough that s**t decisions can’t determine the outcome against clubs that always get the 50/50 calls.

However I stand by the point that a Collingwood that was rubbish last year and has little to no top end talent has beaten us twice this year, it simply shouldn’t be happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back