Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 51 78.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Going down to Launceston, I thought these cubs were little chance (despite beating the hawks earlier in the season). Just a road trip sure to trip a young club up.

However, the big thing for me today is that they don't look like kids anymore. Earlier in the season they were earnestly fighting for a club on its knees, but always coming up agonisingly short. Winning hearts but lacking class. Today, they didn't look like kids anymore. It is ridiculous how much Brisbane has matured across 2018. Been likeable and competitive all year, but now look the goods as well.

Even with the Eagles winning 10 straight, watching every Lions game this year is what I'll take away from 2018. Always good value. Remind me a little of the Giants progress in 2014-15.

Congrats on wins in WA and Tasmania in the last 2 weeks, and attaining a percentage of over 90%. Given the decade of season resets, we can't take anything for granted (for all we know some kids could leave again), but they should be playing finals next year, and will be contending by 2020.

Back