List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 10-APR-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Oliver Florent
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Personally would have waited till end of year for Kennedy

We have done deals to rok , Richards etc then they have run around in the 2s taking cap in there last year

No hate but could’ve waited on Kennedy imo
We may lose him to the Hawks though as they keep perfecting their list management.
Bring him back to where he belongs & all that.:tearsofjoy:

He also isn’t just gonna play fir free
On a serious note, the guy has probably played for unders through his peak years & the club are prepared to take a 'risk' with him by rewarding him with year to year contracts for being so loyal.
Don't forget that ROK tried to run & it didn't work out. Who really knows though. We do know that JPK & Parker could have run off for another 200-300K per year but they didn't. I'm happy as a supporter to give those blokes the extra year even if it seems a year too long.

Stoked about McCartin!

JPK extension is a good move. I've been clear on where I think he's at but he's currently a co-captain and he's not gonna go from skipper straight into retirement. The logical move was to re-sign him for the bare minimum, presumably on reduced $, keep him around the club for his leadership, and hope the rebuild is tracking well enough that he spends his final season as a depth player, Kieren Jack-style.

He also isn’t just gonna play fir free

No, he's not, but he also isn't about to take off for another club. Because of his age and diminishing abilities, as well as the fact that his family is settled in Sydney he would need to be offered a golden ticket by another club to move, but extraordinary $ or a multi-year contract just won't happen at his stage. I'm sure he and the club understand this and his options are to keep squeezing as much out of his career as he can at a reasonable salary ($150k is still pretty good in the scheme of things) before he has to look for a real job.
If another club did offer him a golden ticket then I'm sure the Swans would give him their blessing to top up his superannuation.

No, he's not, but he also isn't about to take off for another club. Because of his age and diminishing abilities, as well as the fact that his family is settled in Sydney he would need to be offered a golden ticket by another club to move, but extraordinary $ or a multi-year contract just won't happen at his stage. I'm sure he and the club understand this and his options are to keep squeezing as much out of his career as he can at a reasonable salary ($150k is still pretty good in the scheme of things) before he has to look for a real job.
If another club did offer him a golden ticket then I'm sure the Swans would give him their blessing to top up his superannuation.

I really hope it was a Mummy type deal with a coaching element.

Opening Post updated to show Kennedy re-signed for next season. Currently have 21 players signed up for next season. That leaves 15 spots on the senior list (three of which must be National Draft selections) and 8 spots on the rookie list.

I'm not even a massive Naismith fan and even I can see this extension makes sense. Sinclair is most likely done at the end of this year. We can't just assume that we'll find another ruck solution like Hickey during this year's trade period. So retain the other ruckman on the list for another year, and give ourselves some breathing room. It's only one year and he would be on SFA $-wise having played under 30 games. It's a low-risk, high-reward re-signing.
Accidentally hit the quote button as I was scrolling through. Sorry.

I'm not even a massive Naismith fan and even I can see this extension makes sense. Sinclair is most likely done at the end of this year. We can't just assume that we'll find another ruck solution like Hickey during this year's trade period. So retain the other ruckman on the list for another year, and give ourselves some breathing room. It's only one year and he would be on SFA $-wise having played under 30 games. It's a low-risk, high-reward re-signing.

I'd say high risk, low reward.

Dawson will get offers $700K+

Hewett may get offers around $450K+

Stephens would get a sizeable offer plus guarantees he will play. He would be best 22 in most teams.

No idea about Gould.

pure opinion, based on guess work

Dawson will be 500-600k, Hewett about 450-550k, Stephens probably 200-250k, Gould 125-150k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom McCartin is signed until 2023?

SWANS TO LOCK IN YOUNG GUN
SYDNEY defender Tom McCartin is off the market, with the important youngster agreeing to a new contract.
A number of rival clubs have been informed that the 21-year-old Swan has agreed to terms on a new deal with Sydney, which as reported by AFL.com.au in April is expected to be a two-year extension.
That would tie McCartin, who was out of contract at the end of this season, to the Swans through to the end of 2023, with the emerging Swan playing all bar one game this year as he takes a hold of a key defensive post.

HeraldSun article lists 19 out of contract players for us;

Out of contract (19):
Joel Amartey, James Bell, Kaiden Brand (UFA), Malachy Carruthers, Jordan Dawson, Robbie Fox (UFA), Will Gould, Sam Gray (UFA), George Hewett (RFA), Matt Ling, Hayden McLean, Barry O’Connor, Colin O’Riordan, Luke Parker (UFA), Sam Reid (UFA), Ben Ronke, Callum Sinclair, Dylan Stephens, Sam Wicks

Tom McCartin re-signed long ago for two years, while category B rookie Marc Sheather also inked a two-year extension. Negotiations are progressing for Parker, while Sydney is keen to keep Dawson, who has interest from both Adelaide teams. Hewett is one to watch and there is a chance he won’t be in red and white in 2021. Reid is weighing up his future after another frustrating injury run, but Wicks could re-sign for up to two years. There is no news yet for 2017 top-15 pick Ling, Bell is close to hitting a trigger and Sinclair is on hold until season’s end. McLean will need to be patient, too.

4 differences to the list at the top of the page;
Clarke not listed by The Hun as OOC, nor is McAndrew.

According to The Hun McCartin & Sheather have signed extensions.

(As indicated in SwansProudly's post above, AFL.com.au reported back in May that Tom had agreed a two year extension. Not sure it has been formally announced).
I don't recall seeing any previous report of Sheather extending his contract.

It would be good when players irrespective of their standing/status extend their contracts that it was formally announced by the Swans.

Last edited:
They just resigned Amartey, Sheather and McCartin. Who wear 36, 33 & 30. This means
McInerney (27) , Rampe (24) and Gulden (21) are the next trio
OR O'Connor (35), Bell (32) and Hewett (29) are the next trio
OR Dawson (34) Hickey (31) and Taylor (28) are the next trio.

Those are the only options. Contract negotiations will happen no other way.

Opening Post updated.

Sheather is an interesting one for me in terms of contract length. Giving him two years all but ensures that he is being promoted to the senior list next year and if we do the same Wicks, Fox and McLean I would think that the chances are we would run at a 38 man senior list next year instead of 36, then cut our Cat A rookies from 6 to 4 and then move Naismith and Taylor to the rookie list (akin to what we did with Fox and Gray this year). This means we don't lose any list spots before having to make delistings and trades to open up spots for our draft picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back