Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
also delisted 4, he seems to be hyping the club up in Insta

Looks likely he'll stay Ronke will go if anyone leaves
Yeh unlikely someone would hype the club on socials and then leave, plus Sydney have a 2 year deal In front of him I doubt he is getting any better offers than that plus he's a Sydney academy kid isn't he?

I'd prefer Ronke anyway. More of a genuine small forward who can crumb and hit the goals more

I agree
however you need your key forward to attack every contest with speed and intent- don’t have to be a huge unit
aaron naughton played a perfect key forwards game last week.
the problem for us is Peter Wright is too passive in too many contests
we would love Harry to turn into a naughton type

Wright is not the main guy but he has proven he can hold the second ruck / forward role . That is his place until someone else steps up. In saying that 30 goals from your second ruck is an acceptable return.
I think Jones can be the main man. He is a strong mark and attacks the footy.

The Pies Brayden Sier is on the move - surely we have a crack at him - inside mid bull and only 23…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We must be snooping around for someone else unless we were just waiting on Stephens who didn't work along with Chol and Rosa's.
My mail is we where not actually chasing Chol .

I don't think it necessarily has to be a 200cm+ #1 target 'beast' so to speak.
But it does need one more 'piece'.

Moving forward, Wright + Jones + ?? can work as the structure.

And I think what Rutten is saying is correct...we have enough 'spots' on the list already dedicated to talls. We simply need to find out if any of them can fill that ?? spot.
Baldwin has to be the most intriguing option currently on the list at this stage.

And if none of the guys on the list look like it, then sure, then we might have to look external.
The hard question is when that is - Will we know in 12 months time if Baldwin et al are up to the task or not? Maybe not yet.

Absolutely not. He's a cancer.

He can be an immature kid, who can't come to terms with the professionalism required for AFL footy without being a cancer.

When did AFL clubs become renowned for keeping players of such bad repute they could fairly be described as "cancers" when they play 27 games in 6 years?

Or is Sier the guy who brought drugs to Collingwood?

The Pies Brayden Sier is on the move - surely we have a crack at him - inside mid bull and only 23…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can't see him buying into Rutten's disciplined and professional culture.

He has the talent, but doesn't have the drive. If we're going for fringe inside mids, then I'd rather Will Brodie or even Setterfield before Sier and Lipinski before all 3.

Last edited:
I don't think it necessarily has to be a 200cm+ #1 target 'beast' so to speak.
But it does need one more 'piece'.

Moving forward, Wright + Jones + ?? can work as the structure.

And I think what Rutten is saying is correct...we have enough 'spots' on the list already dedicated to talls. We simply need to find out if any of them can fill that ?? spot.
Baldwin has to be the most intriguing option currently on the list at this stage.

And if none of the guys on the list look like it, then sure, then we might have to look external.
The hard question is when that is - Will we know in 12 months time if Baldwin et al are up to the task or not? Maybe not yet.

I agree with Wright + Jones + ?? - it needs another piece but it doesn't absolutely have to be a power forward. A lot will hinge on just how good can Jones become. If he goes on to become the next Jack Riewoldt or Josh Kennedy then our forward line really isn't in a bad position at all. We need someone to become good enough to be the centrepiece. I think we have a good grasp on how good Wright is and will be. I reckon he's good enough to be a piece without being a star especially if he's in the relief ruck/key forward spot which we rarely ever see top players doing that role.

Richmond won 2 flags with basically Jack Riewoldt + smalls/medium sized players and Dusty rotating through. West Coast have always had quality with Josh Kennedy and Darling but neither of them are monsters with Darling being arguably a bit undersized and Kennedy more your lead up type.

Our list has balanced a bit after Hooker and Ambrose retired. Hurley is overwhelmingly likely to only have 1 more year. On the flip side we have lots of young talls already with Eyres, Brand, Reid, Baldwin, McBride and Bryan. How many can you really develop at one time? Probably wouldn't want another 18 year old tall I'd suggest unless they are of such high talent that we would essentially be willing to jettison one of the others. This to me suggests we should just let our talls develop for another year. Keep the ones that show promise then reassess at the end of next year whilst focusing on fixing other positions in the meantime.

Yeh unlikely someone would hype the club on socials and then leave, plus Sydney have a 2 year deal In front of him I doubt he is getting any better offers than that plus he's a Sydney academy kid isn't he?

I'd prefer Ronke anyway. More of a genuine small forward who can crumb and hit the goals more
He is as well not many leave only Steele and a few others

I would give him 4 but if not go Ronke

Also apparently well liked around the club would be a great signing though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who watches west coast games, what’s the knock on Jarrod Brander?

Anyone who watches west coast games, what’s the knock on Jarrod Brander?

Without being able to claim I have seen a lot of him, part of the problem will be that he's too big, not big enough and too athletic at the same time. It makes for constant shuffling around the ground.

In reality he should probably have been settled at half back, as Hawks have done with Scrimshaw, and worked into the game from there but he has been used all over the place, most recently on the wing.

He also seems to lack a bit of intensity. Apparently Geelong is all over him.

Without being able to claim I have seen a lot of him, part of the problem will be that he's too big, not big enough and too athletic at the same time. It makes for constant shuffling around the ground.
Eagles make a habit of this. Oscar Allen has been played all over the place.

Rumor floating around that the reason port are into Finlayson is because Dixon (and Hartlett) may be going to Gold Coast. Sort of makes sense. Dixon has been pretty inept in big games and hasn't helped them really progress 2 prelims in a row. Don't know how Finlayson is any better but it makes sense that they'd be shopping Dixon around.
Makes me think that if he went to GC, they would be less reluctant to give away ben king, as they would:
-need currency for Dixon
-receive a pretty good key fwd in Dixon who has similar output to king at this moment in time
-this draft has a few good key forwards in the first round so they could rebuild quickly
-trade King whilst he's contracted and has maximum value

A three way trade

Essendon
Give: Pick 11, Future first round selection, Future second round selection
Receive: Ben King, Pick 19

Gold Coast
Give: Pick 19, Ben King, Future 3rd round selection
Receive: Charlie Dixon, Pick 11, ESS future second

Port
Give: Charlie Dixon
Receive: ESS Future First, GCS Future 3rd

Who says no?

Rumor floating around that the reason port are into Finlayson is because Dixon (and Hartlett) may be going to Gold Coast. Sort of makes sense. Dixon has been pretty inept in big games and hasn't helped them really progress 2 prelims in a row. Don't know how Finlayson is any better but it makes sense that they'd be shopping Dixon around.
Makes me think that if he went to GC, they would be less reluctant to give away ben king, as they would:
-need currency for Dixon
-receive a pretty good key fwd in Dixon who has similar output to king at this moment in time
-this draft has a few good key forwards in the first round so they could rebuild quickly

A three way trade

Essendon

Gold Coast

Port

Who says no?

Gold Coast!
They’re looking for support for King, not to trade him away.

-need currency for Dixon

A three way trade

Essendon

Gold Coast

Port

Who says no?
Gold Coast aren’t going to trade Ben King for Dixon and two mediocre pick upgrades. That’s an appalling trade for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back