Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Rumor floating around that the reason port are into Finlayson is because Dixon (and Hartlett) may be going to Gold Coast. Sort of makes sense. Dixon has been pretty inept in big games and hasn't helped them really progress 2 prelims in a row. Don't know how Finlayson is any better but it makes sense that they'd be shopping Dixon around.
Makes me think that if he went to GC, they would be less reluctant to give away ben king, as they would:
-need currency for Dixon
-receive a pretty good key fwd in Dixon who has similar output to king at this moment in time
-this draft has a few good key forwards in the first round so they could rebuild quickly
-trade King whilst he's contracted and has maximum value

A three way trade

Essendon
Give: Pick 11, Future first round selection, Future second round selection
Receive: Ben King, Pick 19

Gold Coast
Give: Pick 19, Ben King, Future 3rd round selection
Receive: Charlie Dixon, Pick 11, ESS future second

Port
Give: Charlie Dixon
Receive: ESS Future First, GCS Future 3rd

Who says no?

That is a disgusting trade for Gold Coast.

Doesn't have a position, Eagles could never find a spot for him forward so they tried him on a wing with mixed results.

Definitely AFL standard from what I've seen but really needs to settle in one position forward or back.
i've had him in the depth of a keeper league for a bit now, so i've watched him. He has a tank and can run all day. But he's too big/not quick enough for midfield
He'd be a good inclusion but would likely come at Waterman's expense.
If we could guarantee more quality time on the ball from Stringer, playing him alongside Jones & Wright would work.

Wrong player for the club, but his chances could come soon.
Wouldn't be sad for him to come in.

Rumor floating around that the reason port are into Finlayson is because Dixon (and Hartlett) may be going to Gold Coast. Sort of makes sense. Dixon has been pretty inept in big games and hasn't helped them really progress 2 prelims in a row. Don't know how Finlayson is any better but it makes sense that they'd be shopping Dixon around.
Makes me think that if he went to GC, they would be less reluctant to give away ben king, as they would:
-need currency for Dixon
-receive a pretty good key fwd in Dixon who has similar output to king at this moment in time
-this draft has a few good key forwards in the first round so they could rebuild quickly

A three way trade

Essendon

Gold Coast

Port

Who says no?
The AFL, as we cant trade a future first and a future second without getting another future second back.

Plus thats way too big of a return for Dixon, and Gold Coasts list manager is likely fored for ineptitude if he agrees to that on behalf of the Gold Coast

Trying to understand the Ainsworth love on this board

Doesn't create or score much, he has poor goal accuracy and ranks poorly for tackling
Overrated because he was pick 4 in 2016. I think he’s worth a shot. But wouldn’t be giving up much for him.

A three way trade

Essendon

Gold Coast

Port

Who says no?
League HQ

-need currency for Dixon

A three way trade

Essendon

Gold Coast

Port

Who says no?
Port make off like absolute bandits here.

-need currency for Dixon

A three way trade

Essendon

Gold Coast

Port

Who says no?

Gold coast laugh and hang up the phone

problem is Ronke has major injury problems
I actually don't understand the fascination with Ronke. His output ranks similar to Cahill - we may as well have kept Cahill if Ronke is his replacement. Ronke has missed a good part of two seasons. I wasn't sold on Rosas but at least he looked 'dynamic' or something. If we're serious about an upgrade on Cahill, we'll spend Pick 11 on Rachele.

-need currency for Dixon

A three way trade

Essendon

Gold Coast

Port

Who says no?
Gold Coast say no without a second thought.

Dixon hasn't lived up to the talent, he doesn't dominate games anywhere near enough. Also the GC know Dixon well enough from when he was drafted there, and isn't worth a 1st any more in my opinion.

There's no way that King is going from GC without 2 decent firsts involved going back to GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually don't understand the fascination with Ronke. His output ranks similar to Cahill - we may as well have kept Cahill if Ronke is his replacement. Ronke has missed a good part of two seasons. I wasn't sold on Rosas but at least he looked 'dynamic' or something. If we're serious about an upgrade on Cahill, we'll spend Pick 11 on Rachele.

Ronke is junk, no thanks.

All im saying is that he could leave Gold Coast for a lot less next year when he's out of contract. Maybe if port got the F2 and Gold Coast got the F1 it would make more sense, but realistically, with their history of having quality players leave it might be a more realistic option to maximize draft capital. Especially if he doesn't sign the extension that they are about to offer

All im saying is that he could leave Gold Coast for a lot less next year when he's out of contract. Maybe if port got the F2 and Gold Coast got the F1 it would make more sense, but realistically, with their history of having quality players leave it might be a more realistic option to maximize draft capital. Especially if he doesn't sign the extension that they are about to offer
Gold Coast would still get more than you're suggesting even with him out of contract end of next year.

I just realised something, a year ago in the 2020 trade period, we had the choice to pay two top 10 picks for a Dunkley, who probably wanted to join us for the p's, and be apart of the leadership set up, was acclaimed to be a gun mid based on his 2019 campaign and not 2020(albeit being played out of position by a second year player), and when the deal didn't materialise, where scrutinised by opposition supporters why we didn't sign him, Dodoro holding up trade period etc... then fast forward a year later, has to play a tagging role in the second half against a guy who was deemed a bad selection at pick 5, only polled 2 Brownlow votes to date, would have been lucky to get a second round pick for at the time etc, and if you were to say at that time, a player called Darcy Parish would go onto to claim an AA blazer, potentially win a BnF, Maybe poll 26 Brownlow votes whilst being an outside smoky for the Brownlow, i beg to differ to what names under the sun you'd have been called, honestly that might be one of best trades to not happen in our history, because if you think about it, you'd have had to sacrifice one of Cox or Perkins, our first round selection this year, which could be NWM, Rachele, Goater, Sinn, perhaps lose Parish to another club because of being played out of position, bringing in a guy who was desperate to leave the bulldogs, where they have a good coach, great squad, etc, into our team in my opinion couldn't have been other than for the money, and could have potentially missed most of this season if he sustains that shoulder injury if playing for us.

I just realised something, a year ago in the 2020 trade period, we had the choice to pay two top 10 picks for a Dunkley, who probably wanted to join us for the p's, and be apart of the leadership set up, was acclaimed to be a gun mid based on his 2019 campaign and not 2020(albeit being played out of position by a second year player), and when the deal didn't materialise, where scrutinised by opposition supporters why we didn't sign him, Dodoro holding up trade period etc... then fast forward a year later, has to play a tagging role in the second half against a guy who was deemed a bad selection at pick 5, only polled 2 Brownlow votes to date, would have been lucky to get a second round pick for at the time etc, and if you were to say at that time, a player called Darcy Parish would go onto to claim an AA blazer, potentially win a BnF, Maybe poll 26 Brownlow votes whilst being an outside smoky for the Brownlow, i beg to differ to what names under the sun you'd have been called, honestly that might be one of best trades to not happen in our history, because if you think about it, you'd have had to sacrifice one of Cox or Perkins, our first round selection this year, which could be NWM, Rachele, Goater, Sinn, perhaps lose Parish to another club because of being played out of position, bringing in a guy who was desperate to leave the bulldogs, where they have a good coach, great squad, etc, into our team in my opinion couldn't have been other than for the money, and could have potentially missed most of this season if he sustains that shoulder injury if playing for us.

I agree with the 1st sentence but disagree with the rest.

Should trade zacka with second future second and 3rd plus Phillips for king gives Gold Coast experience ruck depth and picks

We could throw in Gleeson to sweeten the deal and get GC over the line - give them some experience down back to help teach the kids. Everyone wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back