Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

So Jay Clark thinks we're again looking at bringing in Cam Zurhaar through free agency. I guess that's with a view to supporting / replacing Stringer. I'd hope they're looking more closely at small forwards and small rebounding/lockdown defenders.

...and JUH.
Ainsworth over zurhaar pls.

So Jay Clark thinks we're again looking at bringing in Cam Zurhaar through free agency. I guess that's with a view to supporting / replacing Stringer. I'd hope they're looking more closely at small forwards and small rebounding/lockdown defenders.

...and JUH.
Caddy, Langford, Stringer, Zurhaar - are we just going to have forward line of mediums?

I'd say Caddy plays tall and Stringer is no guarantee to secure a contract, but I see your point.
I reckon the only way Stringer leaves the club is if he asks, but I get the Zurhaar move because when Stringer goes we'll have nobody that replaces what he does. Langford is a very different player, Caddy could be anything.

I reckon the only way Stringer leaves the club is if he asks, but I get the Zurhaar move because when Stringer goes we'll have nobody that replaces what he does. Langford is a very different player, Caddy could be anything.
Yeah I agree, Stringer plays for us next year, maybe on a one year contract, two max. It wouldn't surprise me if we brought Zurhaar in anyway, just to land him while the opportunity is there.

I don't see why Ainsworth would leave GC now they're playing well, under Hardwick as well. Is he in danger of not being selected?
It's two games. Let's see if they can sustain it unlike their usual second half fadeouts.

...and JUH.
If he’s not costing us any picks it’s probably not the worst idea.

With Tassie on the way we’ve only got a couple of intact drafts before a bunch of compromised ones so we’re much better off holding onto picks for now I think.

I'd love us to go after JUH. Would be great to have 2MP, Caddy and JUH running around. We need a quality small forward also and a Saad like HBF. And hope Cox or Reid works out down back. I was confident on Reid but such a shame if the latest injury goes on to wreck this year.

If he’s not costing us any picks it’s probably not the worst idea.

With Tassie on the way we’ve only got a couple of intact drafts before a bunch of compromised ones so we’re much better off holding onto picks for now I think.
Agree . With the maps looming we need to be taking our early draft picks .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see why Ainsworth would leave GC now they're playing well, under Hardwick as well. Is he in danger of not being selected?
$$ and what eth said.
We're still a drawcard club despite our shambles

Gresham, Ainsworth and guelfi is a tidy set of smalls

...and JUH.
who was the last truly good, consistent strong marking third tall capable of holding up as a genuine KPF?

$$ and what eth said.
We're still a drawcard club despite our shambles

Gresham, Ainsworth and guelfi is a tidy set of smalls
god this train of thought shits me (Im not having a go directly at your CE)

We have a plethora of relatively untried smalls, may as well give them the opportunity and if not able to "take it", then move them on.

If Bringing Ainsworth in means we move on two of those smalls we have and rebalance the list elsewhere then im ok with it

god this train of thought shits me (Im not having a go directly at your CE)

We have a plethora of relatively untried smalls, may as well give them the opportunity and if not able to "take it", then move them on.

If Bringing Ainsworth in means we move on two of those smalls we have and rebalance the list elsewhere then im ok with it
tex, menzie and guelfi all out of contract.
So good year to take stock imo.

Im very much of the mind we have/have had too many projects, and was a fan of getting 4x afl quality players in last year.
Need to do it again this year to build some foundations.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

tex, menzie and guelfi all out of contract.
So good year to take stock imo.

Im very much of the mind we have/have had too many projects, and was a fan of getting 4x afl quality players in last year.
Need to do it again this year to build some foundations.
Im all good to bring in AFL quality players, keep 1, maybe 2 "projectS". Right now the list (in)balance for our small forwards is too much. Move one of the project smalls to a KPF and the list would appear more balanced.

We should have 3, AFL quality, small forward (Jye Menzie, Jade Gresham, Matt Guelfi)

then you could carry possibly 2 projects that should be pushing for senior games within a year (right now we have 3, Alwyn Jnr, Jayden Davey, Tex).

That is, imho, one to many let alone be bringing in an AFL quality small forward. If we get a Ben Ainsworth, then move on a Jye Menzies. (fwiw, I rate Ainsworth, could be a 40 - 60 goal a year small forward).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back