AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I made a decision this week and I have to admit something horrible. Please don't ban me for it.

But with Kearney going to the Roos and KB outing herself as a complete flog....

I'm gonna be a Norf supporter in the AFLW next year.

I made a decision this week and I have to admit something horrible. Please don't ban me for it.

#lolnorfw

If I cared about AFLW I would be outraged. But I don't, so I am not.

Between Brennan's "I'm taking this to the Human Rights commission" and wearing her guernsey under her shirt, ready for a photo opp, surely, surely, she is the most hated women's footballer, right? Hopefully she gets boo'd harder than Adam Goodes if he played for Adelaide and left to another team.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - in fact the women's league could use that sense of theatre.

Between Brennan's "I'm taking this to the Human Rights commission" and wearing her guernsey under her shirt, ready for a photo opp, surely, surely, she is the most hated women's footballer, right? Hopefully she gets boo'd harder than Adam Goodes if he played for Adelaide and left to another team.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - in fact the women's league could use that sense of theatre.
Nah, it's Gordon who is the real DH here.

The thing I found strange with the Katie Brennan saga was why was she allowed on the oval for the presentation? She was suspended as should have had nothing to do with the on field events at all.

I can’t recall players suspended for the GF being on field at the end of the game before.

What men’s leagues were they competing with Gill NTFL?

Probably talking about AFLX.

Lel, Crowey, "Erin's loyal to the Crows."
Would be amusing if they lose another one.

Yeah, I’m sure the lifelong Port fan and daughter of a Port legend who publicly stated that she would have played for Port if they had an AFLW team is now just overflowing with loyalty to the Crows after playing about 10 games for them.

Crowds were down in a big way, can’t believe Gill tried to say they were the same.
No. He said they were “about” the same. There is some wriggle room in that one word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowds were down in a big way, can’t believe Gill tried to say they were the same.
The 42k at new Perth stadium for Freo v Coll game meant the total crowds were about 93% of 2017.

The 42k at new Perth stadium for Freo v Coll game meant the total crowds were about 93% of 2017.

Thats actually what I meant by 'Optus Oval opening game', it is only now I realise that its called Optus Stadium and the phrase 'Optus Oval opening game' implies the first game of the season, not the one I was talking about.

What men’s leagues were they competing with Gill NTFL?

Probably talking about AFLX.

A-league and rugby union. And he's right on that point.

Crowds did go drop to an extent that would be of concern to the AFL - which he what he alluded to in saying they we're about the same. It's not the CEO's job to piss all over a product he's responsible for selling though, it's no different in any business or walk of life. Like it or not in the era we live in, a CEO cming out and making an overtly negative remark about something under his watch inevitably gets blown up to the extreme in the media and talkboards extrapolating the context is a grave mistake. But just because it's Gil it raises the hackles of the peanuts on bigfooty who'll have a crack no matter what he's got to say.

Crowds did go drop to an extent that would be of concern to the AFL - which he what he alluded to in saying they we're about the same. It's not the CEO's job to piss all over a product he's responsible for selling though, it's no different in any business or walk of life. Like it or not in the era we live in, a CEO cming out and making an overtly negative remark about something under his watch inevitably gets blown up to the extreme in the media and talkboards extrapolating the context is a grave mistake. But just because it's Gil it raises the hackles of the peanuts on bigfooty who'll have a crack no matter what he's got to say.

He’s right in a disingenuous way.

The only reason why AFLW rates higher than those leagues is because it gets broadcast on 7. Not everyone has Foxtel.

No one in their right mind would consider this season a success.

Wonder if Erin is looking to move based on comments made at an all of club meeting. Rooch has alluded to it a few times that the female contingent didn’t appreciate comments made during this meeting.

He’s right in a disingenuous way.

The only reason why AFLW rates higher than those leagues is because it gets broadcast on 7. Not everyone has Foxtel.

No one in their right mind would consider this season a success.

He is right in that a couple of games got slightly higher near the end of the season of the other sports. He avoided the part that tseho same aflw games were the only ones that made it onto the top 20 daily ratings list for the entire aflw season including the GF that was somewhere in ratings abyss. We are talking minute numbers all season so fully expect him to complete the leagues downfall by aflx'ing it over their break

Rugby Union? The Super Rugby season has just started or are we talking those lower rung leagues that no one but family and friends are interested in?

I may concede the A-League as I don’t even mind if I don’t watch that, and I love the game.

Wonder if Erin is looking to move based on comments made at an all of club meeting. Rooch has alluded to it a few times that the female contingent didn’t appreciate comments made during this meeting.
Disappointed they weren’t considered important enough for the cult training? :D

I went to every game at Princes Park and the opening game crowd was much smaller than the same game in 2017. That game skewed it and I know most people would have been there for the new stadium but I mean it still an AFLW crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back