AFLW AFLW List Management 2022-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Just read the AFL article about Woodland!!! What a score!!! And potentially Cuthbertson!!!

Has anyone heard any rumours of who we could potentially score with our last PSP?

Also I dont know about young players but if both were available who would you rather Lauren Young (yes i know we cant score her) or Matilda Scholz?

Last edited:
Just read the AFL article about Woodland!!! What a score!!! And potentially Cuthbertson!!!

Has anyone heard any rumours of who we could potentially score with our last PSP?

Also I dont know about young players but if both were available who would you rather Lauren Young (yes i know we cant score her) or Matilda Scholz?

Cuthbertson confirmed as leaving Freo, but doesn't mention a destination. Sounds a bit injury prone:

Last edited:

Lauren Young over literally anybody else on the planet.

Looking like a potentially good team even exciting if haughton stays fit

Hannah Ewings will have another pre-season (a full-length one this time) under her belt and will be one year older and more experienced. Then there's also the Rising Star runner-up Abbey Dowrick and Indy Tahau in the same boat.

Lauren Young (yes i know we cant score her) or Matilda Scholz?

Lauren is considered the best or in the top couple of kids her age, scholz isn’t considered in the top 2 best players just from this state.

Scholz is a good addition, she’s just one we easily would have had access to in next years draft if we wanted her.

In any case it’s good that we get to welcome a bunch of height this off season

Kf woodland , freo key defender (name escapes me right now) and 187cm ruck scholz.

Goes some way to addressing issues we had

Lauren is considered the best or in the top couple of kids her age, scholz isn’t considered in the top 2 best players just from this state.

Scholz is a good addition, she’s just one we easily would have had access to in next years draft if we wanted her.

In any case it’s good that we get to welcome a bunch of height this off season

Kf woodland , freo key defender (name escapes me right now) and 187cm ruck scholz.

Goes some way to addressing issues we had
Sorry for my ignorance. I only started watching AFLW and went to almost all home games once we entered the comp last year.

Depending on the compensation for the clubs other clubs get PSP players. From my understanding from above posts is that if we finish below the crows we will have first opportunity to score Lauren young in the 2024 draft?

From what I heard if female players can nominate a state specifically that they want to be drafted to? Therefore interstate clubs can't poach her?

Sorry for my ignorance. I only started watching AFLW and went to almost all home games once we entered the comp last year.

Depending on the compensation for the clubs other clubs get PSP players. From my understanding from above posts is that if we finish below the crows we will have first opportunity to score Lauren young in the 2024 draft?

From what I heard if female players can nominate a state specifically that they want to be drafted to? Therefore interstate clubs can't poach her?

Yes if we finish lower we will get the first pick, but the aflw gives teams compo picks for losing players and it can be whatever they want it to be.

They will give crows a compo pick for woodland in next years draft, they will decide what pick they will be. They could give them pick 1 before us if they want. If we suck badly and crows are still strong that wont happen.

Perry and Doumanis de listed.

Its probably a tough but correct decision. Both girls should be very proud of what they brought in the debut season though - gave it 100% desperation in every contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely someone here has an uncle that has a friend who's partner goes to the dog park with her niece on Saturdays that knows someone at the club with solid knowledge of who we're getting with our 3rd PSP? Anyone?

Cuthbertson signs with Port.

Don't worry about getting Young. I guarantee though we should improve this year, we will still be worse than Adelaide.

On paper we look much stronger with Woodland and Cuthbertson. One at either end and needed some height. I would hope we are targeting midfield experience and ideally a great two way runner. Ewings and Dowrick great options for us long term but not great defensive runners. Well not yet. They need some preseasons under their belt.
Hatchard would be our pipe dream for our needs.

Yeah I don't seriously think there is much chance of Hatch, was just posting that as a best case scenario.

In reality I just hope we are targeting another forward, ideally another with a bit of height. I don't see Halfpenny or Phillips making a major impact in the next few seasons (for opposite reasons) and Houghton has now been two years without playing at an elite level (most recently through injury). I don't see many forwards with high ceilings on our list and its no surprise that so many goals of ours are coming from the midfield.

Yeah I don't seriously think there is much chance of Hatch, was just posting that as a best case scenario.

In reality I just hope we are targeting another forward, ideally another with a bit of height. I don't see Halfpenny or Phillips making a major impact in the next few seasons (for opposite reasons) and Houghton has now been two years without playing at an elite level (most recently through injury). I don't see many forwards with high ceilings on our list and its no surprise that so many goals of ours are coming from the midfield.
Agree, Hatchard would be perfect for us.

Great point about more height in the forward line. I do wonder if Scholz could come in as a ruck-forward. Would be a hard task for opposition to defend 188cm.

Halfpenny unfortunately not our answer IMO. Good at sanfl level and has her work cut out with Norwood currently below par this season.

Agree, Hatchard would be perfect for us.

Great point about more height in the forward line. I do wonder if Scholz could come in as a ruck-forward. Would be a hard task for opposition to defend 188cm.

Halfpenny unfortunately not our answer IMO. Good at sanfl level and has her work cut out with Norwood currently below par this season.
Still only 20 so I think we give her a few years, but I haven't seen the weapons I would have wanted to see at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back