AFLW AFLW List Management 2022-23

Remove this Banner Ad

If a decision like this was made in the AFLM program there would be pitchforks. It would be like trading Sinn after 1 year to Adelaide for Lachie Sholl and pick 56.

It really does require explanation. You can't sweep it under the rug. If you want people to take the AFLW team seriously you need to appear to be a professional organisation.

Also couldnt we have gotten that player for free as we had 1 still we could sign for free? Why trade if so?
Jasmine Simmons has only been on an AFLW list for 2 seasons, so she wasn't eligible for the PSP.

Lol we overlooked keeley kustermann a highly rated Sa player and the favourite to go at pick 2 last year to take Goodwin instead, then we’ve traded Goodwin to the crows for nothing.
Some kind of 4D chess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the club feels bad about taking Woodland for nothing

Weird decision, surely there's a reason behind it. NFI how the AFLW draft works, are we packaging picks to get someone at the top of the draft?

Not melting just yet, I mean hey....... plenty of people were melting when we kept trading up to eventually get Rozee/Butters/Duursma

Weird decision, surely there's a reason behind it. NFI how the AFLW draft works, are we packaging picks to get someone at the top of the draft?

Not melting just yet, I mean hey....... plenty of people were melting when we kept trading up to eventually get Rozee/Butters/Duursma

No, this year is a weird overagers draft. There’s hardly any players of value.

It’s very unlikely there’s any star’s available, we would have already grabbed them last year.

Last edited:
There is obviously someone they have in mind to make this deal. There are a few decent picks there dont worry, some players take a little longer to show that development especially given some would have started a lot later. They also obviously rate Simmons as well.

The issue is that we had a squad that one just the single game last year and trading out Surman and Goodwin for worse players and picks in a highly compromised draft makes the list weaker not stronger.

The issue is that we had a squad that one just the single game last year and trading out Surman and Goodwin for worse players and picks in a highly compromised draft makes the list weaker not stronger.

We've added an All Australian defender and a league leading goalkicker. The list overall is stronger not weaker.

We've added an All Australian defender and a league leading goalkicker. The list overall is stronger not weaker.

I agree we are stronger and those pickups are excellent

I still question the thinking I’m overlooking kustermann (which I called strange at the time) for Goodwin to then trade Goodwin for nothing to the crows a year later.

My best guess is we made a bad recruiting call, Goodwin is probably a crows fan and once she made the call to ask for a trade we were ****ed with this shitty top up draft.

I still question the thinking I’m overlooking kustermann (which I called strange at the time) for Goodwin to then trade Goodwin for nothing to the crows a year later.

My best guess is we made a bad recruiting call, Goodwin is probably a crows fan and once she made the call to ask for a trade we were ****ed with this shitty top up draft.
Keep in mind we took Sachi AND Boag before Kustermann too. We had the option to take both and didn't take it.

Based off Ebony Marinoff’s Instagram story, reckon the whole family is Crows mad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back