AFLW 2017 - R3 - Adelaide v Carlton, Thebarton Oval, 11.35am ACDT, Foxfooty, Afl.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Match Information
  • Venue: Thebarton Oval, Adelaide
  • Time: 11.35 ACDT, 12.05 AEDT
  • Entry: Free
  • Broadcast: Foxfooty, AFL Live App
  • Stream: AFL.com.au
  • Weather: Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. MAx 21
Teams

ADELAIDE

B: J.McCormick 5, R.Killian 7, A.Foley 3
HB: K.Gibson 2, A.Hatchard 33, D.Varnhagen 9
C: J.Mules 23
HF: A.Holmes 1, C.Randall 26, S.Perkins 28
F: D.Cox 31, T.Thorn 15, C.Cramey 22
FOLL: R.Metcalfe 11, G.Bevan 4, J.Sedunary 17
INT: (from): E.Phillips 13, E.Marinoff 10, S.Thompson 14, T.Radan 6, S.Riley 8, H.Anderson 19, M.Hollick 18, S.Allan 39

Emergencies:

IN: J.Mules, M.Hollick, S.Allan
OUT: S Armistead

CARLTON

B:
K. Loynes 2, D.Hardiman 31, G.Pound 6
HB: I.Ayre, R.Privitelli 9, A.Brown 27
C: L.Arnell 13
HF: B.Davey 1, K.Shierlaw 25, B.Jakobsson 35 , K.Darby 8, N.Exon 15
F: T.Lucas-Rodd 18, L.Attard 14, M.Keryk 4
FOLL: B.Moody 16, N.Exon, S.Last 7
INT: (from) K.Gillespie-Jones 5, D.Vescio 3, L.Brazzale 12, A.Downie 30, S.Hosking 10, T.Nestor 20, S.Audley 26, J.Kennedy 23,

Emergencies:

IN: M.Keryk, T.Nestor, I.Ayre
OUT: K.Darby

Crows probably dominated that term but its 7-0 the other way because the 2 best players in the comp stood up at either end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only got to watch the last 10 minutes but the wind looked like it was going to make it very difficult for Carlton to get enough inside 50s to kick the winning goal. I can't comment on the umpiring for the rest of the game but Carlton looked pretty ill disciplined in the last 10 minutes. They must have been getting frustrated with the wind and some pretty bad skill errors.

288zaqr.jpg

Think the match swung once the Crows got their act together down back late in the 2nd quarter. Vescio was always one-out and looking ultra dangerous up until that point. Against the more organised defence with a free player floating around in the right areas, it obviously made life difficult for Carlton.

And of course, the wet weather and tricky conditions had a say too. With all the big stadiums better protected from the elements, you don't see as much of that in the AFL these days. Roughly every second women's match has been played in a significant dis/advantageous wind, throws another spanner into the works and it definitely keeps you guessing about the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back