AFLW 2018 - Round 1 - Melbourne v GWS - Sat, Feb 3rd, 5.05pm, Casey Fields

Remove this Banner Ad

Disposal from the girls a big step up from last nights teams. Rippa game, wish it was on prime time TV so the hoards of deadshit disbelievers can see the girls and this league is here to stay.

It still has a long way to go, so many errors.

That said, it can't be worse than MKR marathons.

2 teams that seem to have much better balance than last night. Pies are all midfield (must be a collingwood thing) and the Blues had a great forward line but no delivery.

Having said that, the Dees seem to have lost some of their structure in the beginning of this second half.

Women's footy could dramatically improve if they could get rid of the fumbles, which shouldn't be that hard of a skill to fix up quickly.
I actually thought that the clean hands below knees was one of the positives from last year, but not so much this year.

Agree with your comment though, once fixed it’ll make a big difference.

I actually thought that the clean hands below knees was one of the positives from last year, but not so much this year.

Agree with your comment though, once fixed it’ll make a big difference.
Agreed, it is the first round though, I'd expect them to improve a bit next week

T

There are alot of errors, just like in the mens game. On the other hand, some of these passages of play are s**t hot and the courage and desire of the players cannot be questioned. Lack of goals does not worry me, reckon scores will gradually get bigger as the game evolves.

It's already an improvement on last year at the very least.

This is a generational project and the quality will improve as the elite pathways improve, which will happen now that there is a professional competition at the end of that road.

I'm personally excited and optimistic about the future of women's footy.

Melbourne need to take a risk and switch it to the outer side of the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee exciting stuff, 7 goals to 6, can’t wait for the local under 13s soccer game to get going to get a bit of excitement!

It’s obvious Daisy is the greatest since Leigh Matthews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back