List Mgmt. AFLW list changes for 2019 - announcements, discussion, rumours...

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 1 and 2 , b/f gone
2018 2 ,7,8,9,10. All gone too

Ain't got much back in return
But 4 picks top 20 vics I'm happy with that

Mo came to us fat and lazy , same with jazz , we turned em around and see ya

Good ridence

Nah. The AA we took at pick 9 who missed season with injury
Guttridge, who's currently playing at Casey. 'pies supporter as a kid, but has ties to Melbourne and Casey. Only 1 week before clubs have to submit preliminary lists, so we should know who's remaining soon enough.

• May 23 - June 4 - Sign & Trade period commences/closes
  • June 4 - 7 - Free agency period commences/closes
  • June 8 - Preliminary List Lodgement

Guttridge, who's currently playing at Casey. 'pies supporter as a kid, but has ties to Melbourne and Casey. Only 1 week before clubs have to submit preliminary lists, so we should know who's remaining soon enough.

Hope we keep her after she did her Shoulder.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-06-04/aflw-pies-pocket-early-picks

RELATED
Collingwood has strengthened its hand at the 2018 National AFL Women's Draft with the club boasting five of the first 20 national draft picks.

On the final day of the trade period, Collingwood has nabbed three additional selections for the October draft in exchange for Christina Bernardi and Amelia Barden.

The club landed picks 11 and 19 as part of a five-club deal in exchange for 27-year-old forward Bernardi who will head to Greater Western Sydney for the 2019 season.

A three-way deal has also seen the club receive pick No. 32 as Barden was traded to Carlton.

The former Diamond Creek players, Bernardi and Barden, arrived at Collingwood via the inaugural AFLW draft and each played 14 games for the club.

Collingwood will now enter the draft with picks No. 5, No. 11, No. 13, No. 18 and No. 19 in the first two rounds, as well as picks No. 29, No. 32 and No. 51.

Collingwood Performance and Strategy Manager Marcus Wagner said receiving the additional three selections is a major boost for the program.

“We entered the trade period with an eye on the future and a plan to set ourselves up to secure some of the best young talent in the country through the 2018 draft,” Wagner said.

“By receiving five early picks in the National Draft, we feel we’re giving ourselves the best opportunity for sustained success.

“While we look forward to entering the draft with a strong hand, it does mean we say goodbye to foundation players Christina and Millie, whose contribution has been much appreciated in the team’s formative years.”

An additional 11 Pies have put pen to paper, committing to the club for the 2019 AFLW season.

Ash Brazill, Kristy Stratton and Darcy Guttridge complete the re-signings of the club’s 2017 draft class.

“We invested in the draft in 2017 and are thrilled to have all of our draftees re-sign with the club after seeing some really positive performances from them earlier in the year,” Wagner said.

Former Hockeyroo Georgie Parker and Australian Volleyballer Eliza Hynes have been elevated to the club’s senior list, having played two games each in 2018.

Foundation players Melissa Kuys, Sarah D’Arcy, Emma Grant, Brittany Bonnici and Ruby Schleicher will enter their third season with the Pies alongside former Western Bulldog Jaimee Lambert.

180604_molloy620.png

Brittany Bonnici and Chloe Molloy will be key parts of Collingwood's 2019 AFL Women's campaign.

Caitlyn Edwards has chosen to retire from women’s football to pursue her rugby career.

“With an additional four teams next season, we planned to collect as many early picks as possible in the hope of securing some exciting young players to complement the existing talent on our list,” Wagner said.

“By acquiring the early picks, adding the emerging young talent in Nicole Hildebrand and re-signing our own players, we’re confident that we’ll strike a balance of talent, experience and skill in our list.”

Collingwood will enter the next phase of the AFLW list management process with 20 players on its senior list.

Collingwood’s AFL Women’s List
Brittany Bonnici
Ash Brazill
Sophie Casey
Stephanie Chiocci
Sarah D’Arcy
Sarah Dargan
Emma Grant
Darcy Guttridge
Nicole Hildebrand
Eliza Hynes
Melissa Kuys
Jaimee Lambert
Stacey Livingstone
Cecilia McIntosh
Chloe Molloy
Georgie Parker
Iilish Ross
Ruby Schleicher
Kristy Stratton
Holly Whitford
As of 4 June 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have to keep mentally adjusting to this.

But I liked the tweet from Chiocci. A balanced thank you to those who have left, and a virtual hug of support to those who stayed. She gets it - the role of captain.

no thats her younger sister who i hope we draft, kicked a goal and in the best last 2 weeks

Christina Bernard is a Big Loss as she looked good last year kicking the Goals
She was one of the few positives to come out of 2018, and would have been one who could have stepped up further to cover Duffin, Hope and Garner. I found it weird she was given a high VFL number, but the trade explains that. At least we got decent trade value though in one hell of a confusing trade (see below), which can't be said for Barden with pick 32 not being much for someone who finished 7th in our B&F. Even weirder if Carlton gaining both Barden and pick 21 in that deal for the loss of Gay.

Edwards retiring at just 21 means we've ended up losing 7 of our 2018 B&F top 10 in one offseason, ouch.

2018 B&F top 10 said:
1. Chloe Molloy (66)
2. Jasmine Garner (55)
3. Christina Bernadi (52)
3. Jaimee Lambert (52)
5. Caitlyn Edwards (36)
6. Stephanie Chiocci (35)
7. Amelia Barden (34)
8. Jessica Duffin (29)
8. Emma King (29)
10. Moana Hope (23)

Ignoring the AFL release having pick 7 going to both us & Geelong plus pick 15 going to both us & Melb I think that equals:

Ade
Gain: Pick 8 (Melb), Pick 37 (Melb), Pick 47 (Melb)
Lose: Pick 6 (Melb), Pick 31 (Melb), Pick 52 (Melb), Radan (Melb)
Coll
Gain: Pick 11 (Geel), Pick 19 (GWS)
Lose: Bernardi (GWS)
GWS
Gain: Bernardi (Coll), Pick 12 (Melb)
Lose: Pick 7 (Geel), Pick 19 (Coll), Pick 20 (Geel)
Geel
Gain: Pick 7 (GWS), Pick 20 (GWS)
Lose: Pick 11 (Coll), Pick 15 (Melb)
Melb
Gain: Pick 6 (Ade), Pick 15 (Geel), Pick 31 (Ade), Pick 52 (Ade), Radan (Ade)
Lose: Pick 8 (Melb), Pick 12 (GWS), Pick 37 (Melb), Pick 47 (Melb)​

Last edited:
no thats her younger sister who i hope we draft, kicked a goal and in the best last 2 weeks
We're both right - there's two Guttridge's in red and blue, Darcy and her sister Kasey.

Christina Bernard is a Big Loss as she looked good last year kicking the Goals

Collingwood, why must you persist in tormenting me???

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE THIS????

:mad::(:'(

Its hard work 76. Persistence is needed to keep supporting our girls. Must say I rely on the good work of others on here, and really appreciate their efforts to keep us informed.

You can't really fall in love with Players that only sign 1 year Deals and gave 4 Expansion Teams coming in over a few Seasons.

You just can get the Same Feeling as we do with the Men's Team

DRAFT ORDER ???

Victorian selections:

Carlton: 3, 11, 15, 20, 26, 27, 31, 32
Collingwood: 4, 7, 8, 12, 13, 21, 22, 33
Geelong: 1, 2, 9, 14, 17, 24, 30, 37
Melbourne: 5, 10, 28, 34, 35
North Melbourne: 18, 25, 38
Western Bulldogs: 6, 16, 19, 23, 29, 36​

Round | VIC # ||| Movement
\ROUND ONE|1|1 Geelong Cats
(compo pick)||
\|2|2 Geelong Cats
(compo pick)
\|3|3 Carlton
\||| 4 Fremantle
\| 4 | 5 Collingwood
\|5|6 Melbourne|| (from Adel - 5WAY)
\||| 7 GWS Giants
\||| 8 Adelaide | (from Melb - 5WAY)
\||| 9 Brisbane Lions
\|6|10 Western Bulldogs
\ | 7 | 11 Collingwood || (from Geel - 5WAY)
\||| 12 GWS | (from Melb - 5WAY)
(from NM - GRIERSON, HUMPHRIES)

\ROUND TWO| 8 | 13 Collingwood
(compo pick)

\|9|14 Geelong Cats
(compo pick)
\|10|15 Melbourne || (from Geel (compo pick) - 5WAY)
\|
11 | 16 Carlton
\||| 17 Fremantle
\| 12 | 18 Collingwood
\| 13 | 19 Collingwood || (from GWS - 5WAY)
(from Adel - FORTH, pick 31)

\|14|20 Geelong || (from GWS - 5WAY)
\|15 | 21 Carlton || (from Melb - GAY)
\||| 22 Brisbane Lions
\|16|23 Western Bulldogs
\|17|24 Geelong Cats
\|18|25 North Melbourne
\ROUND THREE|19|26 Western Bulldogs
(compo pick)
\|20|27 Carlton
\||| 28 Fremantle
\| 21 | 29 Collingwood
\||| 30 Adelaide
\||| 31 Adelaide |(from GWS - FORTH, pick 19)
\| 22 | 32 Collingwood || (from Carl - BARDEN)
(from Melb - GAY)

\||| 33 Brisbane Lions
\|23|34 Western Bulldogs
\|24|35 Geelong Cats
\|25|36 North Melbourne
\ROUND FOUR||| 37 Adelaide | (from Melb (compo pick) - 5WAY)
\|26|38 Carlton
\||| 39 Fremantle
\|27|40 Carlton|| (from BL - ARNELL)
(from Coll - HILDEBRAND)

\||| 41 Adelaide
\||| 42 GWS Giants
\|28|43 Melbourne
\||| 44 Brisbane Lions
\|29|45 Western Bulldogs
\|30|46 Geelong Cats
\||| 47 Adelaide | (from Melb - 5WAY)
(from NM - GRIERSON, HUMPHRIES)

\ROUND FIVE|31|48 Carlton
(compo pick)
\|32|49 Carlton
\||| 50 Fremantle
\| 33 | 51 Collingwood
\|34|52 Melbourne || (from Adel - 5WAY)
\||| 53 GWS Giants
\|35|54 Melbourne
\||| 55 Brisbane Lions
\|36|56 Western Bulldogs
\|37|57 Geelong Cats
\|38|58 North Melbourne

Last edited:
She was one of the few positives to come out of 2018, and would have been one who could have stepped up further to cover Duffin, Hope and Garner. I found it weird she was given a high VFL number, but the trade explains that. At least we got decent trade value though in one hell of a confusing trade (see below), which can't be said for Barden with pick 32 not being much for someone who finished 7th in our B&F. Even weirder if Carlton gaining both Barden and pick 21 in that deal for the loss of Gay.

Edwards retiring at just 21 means we've ended up losing 7 of our 2018 B&F top 10 in one offseason, ouch.

Ignoring the AFL release having pick 7 going to both us & Geelong plus pick 15 going to both us & Melb I think that equals:

Ade
Gain: Pick 8 (Melb), Pick 37 (Melb), Pick 47 (Melb)
Lose: Pick 6 (Melb), Pick 31 (Melb), Pick 52 (Melb), Radan (Melb)
Coll
Gain: Pick 11 (Geel), Pick 19 (GWS)
Lose: Bernardi (GWS)
GWS
Gain: Bernardi (Coll), Pick 12 (Melb)
Lose: Pick 7 (Geel), Pick 19 (Coll), Pick 20 (Geel)
Geel
Gain: Pick 7 (GWS), Pick 20 (GWS)
Lose: Pick 11 (Coll), Pick 15 (Melb)
Melb
Gain: Pick 6 (Ade), Pick 15 (Geel), Pick 31 (Ade), Pick 52 (Ade), Radan (Ade)
Lose: Pick 8 (Melb), Pick 12 (GWS), Pick 37 (Melb), Pick 47 (Melb)​

That is quite unbelieveable to lose seven of your top ten from the best and fairest in one trade period. Surely the competition cannot continue to be viable with this type of player movement!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back