Game Day AFLW R4: Crows vs GWS @ Blacktown

Remove this Banner Ad

That match was like watching a couple of mums playing a game of Mortal Kombat, and it was just random button mashing. Results proved it - double knockout!

Problem with top 2 is if results go as expected next week we could have 2 rounds of dead rubbers.

For mine the decision was made to not go top 4 this season because the AFL already has a problem with the AFLW Grand Final being in week 1 of the AFL home & away season and it getting lost in terms of publicity & coverage. They look as though the don’t exactly have a solution to that issue at the moment let alone going top 4 and having 2 weeks of conflict with the AFL season.

Top 4 is really the fairest solution. They just need to start a couple of weeks earlier in future years.

I’m just gonna come out and say it

There are a few players who didn’t live the ‘elite standards’ mantra in the offseason and came back in terrible shape

One in particular took all the accolades last year, and presented herself in a manner that would have seen her passed over in the original intake of players.

You wouldn’t even get away with that in the ammos.

Some girls need to lift their game if they want to play AFL professionally.

There are a few players who didn’t live the ‘elite standards’ mantra in the offseason and came back in terrible shape

One in particular took all the accolades last year, and presented herself in a manner that would have seen her passed over in the original intake of players.

One in particular is no different to last year. :rolleyes:

Any sport that has a 7-8 month gap inbetween top competition training is going to have those issues, given most of them aren’t professional athletes it’s one of the big issues that was going to and has been an issue. Simplifying it you train part time from November, play for 8 weeks Feb/March, then due to AFLPA/legal reasons your required to have a 6-8 week break, then when your allowed to play again if you have the time away from work and your in SA your playing in a low level ammos comp, then you go into another off-season.

With that stop start non-professional system it’s easy to see how your standards can drop off or not improve even with the club organising specific programs as everything was new for the club too so they were bound to get some things wrong.

Any sport that has a 7-8 month gap inbetween top competition training is going to have those issues, given most of them aren’t professional athletes it’s one of the big issues that was going to and has been an issue. Simplifying it you train part time from November, play for 8 weeks Feb/March, then due to AFLPA/legal reasons your required to have a 6-8 week break, then when your allowed to play again if you have the time away from work and your in SA your playing in a low level ammos comp, then you go into another off-season.

With that stop start non-professional system it’s easy to see how your standards can drop off or not improve even with the club organising specific programs as everything was new for the club too so they were bound to get some things wrong.

Its not a proper completion mate, its a way for afl house to make a quick buck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not a proper completion mate, its a way for afl house to make a quick buck.
FFS. They are growing the competition. How the * are they making a quick buck when the games are free? Why do you come in this thread when you clearly hate the thought of the women's comp?

That's a long nap!

You didn't miss a lot no.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
my sleep on the weekend went to s**t as I accidentally slept Saturday afternoon ,leading to 2 hours sleep Saturday night before a 5am wake up for work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back