Autopsy AFLW Round 1, 2022: St.Kilda v Richmond

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Tigers

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We open our season (and also the AFLW season) next Friday night against the Tigers in Frankston (Young St for those wanting to head along).

Not exactly sure on the situation with ticketing. I know they are available to buy but with the recent happenings of the pandemic I don't know if those situations will change. The club doesn't open up again until the following Monday (10th) so I'd suggest giving Ticketmaster a call if you're unsure.

Richmond are a side around our mark based on last years results so it should be an interesting one, if we're any chance we need to bank wins early. Nick Dal Santo also coaching his first game at the level.

You can stay up to date with the AFLW and specifically our womens side over here - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forums/womens-football.149/. This will be moved into the AFLW sub-forum at the conclusion of the game.

Our two best out for the season/foreseeable future…

We’ll be lucky to win any TBH. Still right behind the lasses though.

Is that it with Patrikios?
She’s had plenty of time to weigh up all her options. Assuming now she won’t get jabbed.
Will she play for St Kilda ever again?

Is that it with Patrikios?
She’s had plenty of time to weigh up all her options. Assuming now she won’t get jabbed.
Will she play for St Kilda ever again?

Difficult to see it happening. It's always been rumoured that she'll move to the bombers when they enter the comp, she was part of their marketing material before we drafter her. But who would take a player who won't do what's needed to play? Career over, surely. She would've been jabbed by now if she wanted to play. I would be greatly surprised if she suddenly rocks up vaccinated.

Can't wait to see what Dal can do with this squad. I think we'll perform better as the season moves on. Seeing so many players who are passionate and dedicated a sport with such a short season, they are stars.

Difficult to see it happening. It's always been rumoured that she'll move to the bombers when they enter the comp, she was part of their marketing material before we drafter her. But who would take a player who won't do what's needed to play? Career over, surely. She would've been jabbed by now if she wanted to play. I would be greatly surprised if she suddenly rocks up vaccinated.

Can't wait to see what Dal can do with this squad. I think we'll perform better as the season moves on. Seeing so many players who are passionate and dedicated a sport with such a short season, they are stars.
Will be interesting to see.

Going to miss the class that her and Smith brought with their disposal. Hopefully Dal has spent some time working on the hitting of targets.

Rd1 Team is out. Xenos and Shierlaw unavailable due to 'heath and safety protocols'.

BTilly Lucas-RoddRebecca Ott
HBBianca JakobssonJayde Van DykHannah Priest
CMolly McDonaldTarni WhiteCat Phillips
HFDary GuttridgeIsabella ShannonKate McCarthy
F Caitlin GreiserJacqui Vogt
RRhi WattOlivia VeselyRosie Dillon
INTJessica MatinLucy BurkeAlice Burke
Renee SaulitisLeah Cutting
EElla FriendAlana Woodward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd1 Team is out. Xenos and Shierlaw unavailable due to 'heath and safety protocols'.

BTilly Lucas-RoddRebecca Ott
HBBianca JakobssonJayde Van DykHannah Priest
CMolly McDonaldTarni WhiteCat Phillips
HFDary GuttridgeIsabella ShannonKate McCarthy
FCaitlin GreiserJacqui Vogt
RRhi WattOlivia VeselyRosie Dillon
INTJessica MatinLucy BurkeAlice Burke
Renee SaulitisLeah Cutting
EElla FriendAlana Woodward

Xenos was one I was really looking forward to seeing as her absence due to injury was really noticeable. Shierlaw one of our proven goal kickers and to be missing her is both a hit to our scoreboard pressure as well as leadership on field.

AFL health and safety protocols seems to be code for covid

You have to have permission to release medical details so the reporters are treading carefully. Different to an injury. Same reason that Djokovich doesn't have to say what his exemption is for and the government can't say anything about it.

Back