Game Day AFLW Round 5- Collingwood vs Western Bulldogs- Ted Summerton Reserve, Moe, 2.35pm (AEDT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know what happened to get that shot at goal reversed.

Siekman should be furious with whoever did it. With how rotten these umps are you can't afford to give them an excuse to rob us of a shot

I can just about guarantee that it was soft. Bet the Bulldogs player dived and milked it.

Free kicks 20 to 14.

Tin hat... is there an AFL directive to assist pissant clubs chances of a win in order to grow their supporter bases at the expense of Collingwood who have support regardless.

Far out there's some undisciplined silly s**t that has cost us. Emma king, you seriously need to learn where to tap. And wow... again Chloe Molloy, you absolute jet. Absolutely wants to make me keep watching. She's a bloody superstar. And lastly, any chance we can learn how to deliver to mo hope? Reminds me so much of trav Cloke. The delivery is just s**t house sometimes.

Free kicks 20 to 14.

Tin hat... is there an AFL directive to assist pissant clubs chances of a win in order to grow their supporter bases at the expense of Collingwood who have support regardless.

Just like the men’s?

Free kicks 20 to 14.

You bet there is and always has been

Immigrants back winners

We really as a club need to address this umpiring bias

Costs us games every year

Very very angry, it's damaging our brand

Free kick tallies for the year:

Coll 18 - 27 Carl
Coll 10 - 18 Freo
Coll 16 - 15 GWS (some bizarre decisions late when the game was on the line)
Coll 20 - 25 Melb
Coll 14 - 20 WB

Total Coll 78 - 105 pissant clubs​

Sure we can be undisciplined and do silly things, but nowhere near that level and it's not like other clubs don't make similar mistakes.

EDIT: It looks even worse when you consider disposal and tackle tallies, especially the last couple of weeks:

Coll 199d, 60t - 153d, 72t Carl
Coll 222d, 66t - 199d, 72t Freo
Coll 200d, 50t - 196d, 49t GWS (some bizarre decisions late when the game was on the line)
Coll 196d, 55t - 183d, 44t Melb
Coll 155d, 59t - 158d, 37t WB​

Last edited:
We really are terribly undisciplined. The fact we gave away a shot at goal that would have given us a chance is just inexcusable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the last 2 games of the year Molloy plays forward. No doubt she will star, and make the coach look stupid you would think.
Molloy started forward against GWS, it didn't work as we lacked composure and skill down back. Duffin and Garner have now had at least a couple of weeks in defense though, so it maybe worth trialling again. Midfield with freedom to roam might be Molloy's best position longterm.

We really are terribly undisciplined. The fact we gave away a shot at goal that would have given us a chance is just inexcusable.
Yep, it was silly to give the umps any slight chance to overturn it. Wouldn't be the first time this year were we've been sucked into retaliating and been pinged either.

Our women's team needs to get some serious discipline. Im not sure if they are told to play in this manner or most of them are just loose cannons.

I would suggest their frustrated

Been screwed last year and this , it's a friggin disgrace and its bad enough both our men's side copped it

Even felt we were screwed in netball too

Free kick tallies for the year:

Coll 18 - 27 Carl
Coll 10 - 18 Freo
Coll 16 - 15 GWS (some bizarre decisions late when the game was on the line)
Coll 20 - 25 Melb
Coll 14 - 20 WB

Total Coll 78 - 105 pissant clubs​

Sure we can be undisciplined and do silly things, but nowhere near that level and it's not like other clubs don't make similar mistakes.

EDIT: It looks even worse when you consider disposal and tackle tallies, especially the last couple of weeks:

Coll 199d, 60t - 153d, 72t Carl
Coll 222d, 66t - 199d, 72t Freo
Coll 200d, 50t - 196d, 49t GWS (some bizarre decisions late when the game was on the line)
Coll 196d, 55t - 183d, 44t Melb
Coll 155d, 59t - 158d, 37t WB​

Sums it up

On a more positive note from the AFL app it looked to be a great little venue for footy with a fair sized crowd. I can't wait to get down there for our JLT match next weekend.

Our women's team needs to get some serious discipline. I'm not sure if they are told to play in this manner or most of them are just loose cannons.

Summary of the game

Tried hard again but the unnecessary overzealous attacks at the opposition players resulting in frees against and the undisciplined acts that have plagued us throughout this entire 2018 AFLW series continued.

Goals are such a premium to get so we DON’T want to stupidly give them away. Every week, we give away at least 2-3 goals by silly 50 metre penalties and stupid tackling to give opposition teams, shots on goal. Every week ... Agh!!!!!!

Umpiring has been disgusting every week but that is not why we lost again. Although, I absolutely lose it every week at the decisions that are paid against us. We must be smarter in our tackling; be in front and be DISCIPLINED. Too many times we’re not and the umpires penalise us and they’ll continue to do so.

Edwards – Very good game today Caitlin

Molloy - Very good game today Chloe

Darcy – Good to have you back and gives us someone to kick to. Will be fitter again for 2nd game back.

Grant – Unsighted

Bernardi – quiet early but fighting second half to get us going. Christina makes things happen!

Tesoriero – Couple of undisciplined acts today but put the body on the line as always

Bonnici – Tagged her player well initially and was okay. Amusing bit on the boundary, though. Weak by the umpire to later give them a free kick as a result.

Kuys – An unusual seagull game from her today and unsighted except standing next to no one all day from the TV view of the centre square.

Lambert - Not her usual game today.

Chiocci – Will get 2 down to 1 for unduly rough play … more if deemed head high hit. Could have been better today. Still okay, though.

Schleicher – played well early but that dumb kick across goal that was a turnover that resulted in a goal also resulted in her afterwards, being unsighted for the rest of the day.

McIntosh – Tagged her opponent well and tried hard all day. One goal to her direct opponent was when she was off.

Ross – Unsighted this week.

Hope – presented well but no input.

Hutchins – good game from the veteran and tried hard up forward and when put into the ruck.

Duffin – good game but learning to be a defender.

Whitford – better 2nd half, still learning

Barden – tried hard but not as busy today

Garner – Very good intercept marks today, tried hard and like Duffin, learning how to be a defender.

Dargan – Unsighted

King – Rucked well, needs to tap to us more, though. Needs to lower her vision when she kicks it forward, a couple of dumb things again but cannot fault her effort.

The more I see the replay the more I think Chiocci won't play another match in 2018. Certainly worse than Casey's against GWS that seen her suspended for one week.

Then Doubt we win another Game in AFLW then with her Out.

Start to think of VFLW

I'm very thankful we got Molloy. In fact, I'm happy with all our draftees that have played so far this season.

Its just a shame that we haven't had a chance to see Darcy Guttridge.

Should see Guttirdge in the VFLW Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back