Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

while I am well aware that having one indigenous person onside does not dispel the rumours or the perception/reality of someone being racist toward first nations peoples, us having silk definitely won't hurt.

and let's not stop there - he is by all accounts a great guy, incredibly professional, and would make a great addition to our club regardless of the above benefit - two of the game's records holders at our club. not bad.

while I am well aware that having one indigenous person onside does not dispel the rumours or the perception/reality of someone being racist toward first nations peoples, us having silk definitely won't hurt.

and let's not stop there - he is by all accounts a great guy, incredibly professional, and would make a great addition to our club regardless of the above benefit - two of the game's records holders at our club. not bad.

Shouldn't get anyone as a token, however, I think we should have an indigenous development staff member largely because they have lived through it and can better understand the cultural issues and would be able to give advice and be a better go-between the coaches and indigenous players.

There were obviously issues at Hawthorn and players didn't feel like they had anyone to go to, not even their player managers or other indigenous players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back