Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We are nothing like the Giants and to a lesser extent the Suns were. We do not have a Jeremy Cameron and we do not have a Toby Greene. At the moment, I'm struggling to find any match winners in our team. That's no surprise considering we haven't won a game this season and 12 of the last 92, spanning the last 4 1/2 years.

I am sure GWS were hailing their plethora of match winners when they won 1 game in 2013.

We are nothing like the Giants and to a lesser extent the Suns were. We do not have a Jeremy Cameron and we do not have a Toby Greene. At the moment, I'm struggling to find any match winners in our team. That's no surprise considering we haven't won a game this season and 12 of the last 92, spanning the last 4 1/2 years.
We have a Harry Sheezel and George Wardlaw

What i want to know is that do we have competition standard development team, medico team and recruitment team?

to some regard, these are more important than the coaches as they ensure we have a fit team all the time and can constantly bring in a good supply of good young players.

I’ll repeat - If Clarko gets us competitive within his 5 year tenure, it’ll be his greatest coaching achievement.
it would be an amazing feat.

Shaw, Noble and Ratts were all able to get us wayyyy more competitive

We never said that was amazing feat

I can't believe people rating us to just do the bare minimum so highly. Shows you just how accepting we have become

Sad times

We never said that was amazing feat

I can't believe people rating us to just do the bare minimum so highly. Shows you just how accepting we have become

Sad times

People are getting quite arrogant about it too. It was once said by an opposition poster that North fans reminded him of a snappy elderly gentleman walking around a rubbish dump with a monacle. I see it.

People are getting quite arrogant about it too. It was once said by an opposition poster that North fans reminded him of a snappy elderly gentleman walking around a rubbish dump with a monacle. I see it.
You gotta stop putting so much stock in opposition supporter hot takes.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he seriously taking the piss?

The best way to teach these guys is to set up to win games of footy, not this versatility at the expense of competitive shit.

Giving me the shits watching us get burnt but terrible structures, ****ed up match ups and general lack of gameplan.

He’s just making himself look like a dickhead now.

None of those coaches got the team anywhere near competitive, which means building over a period of time a team that can win consistently. Unfortunately because of list decisions that will take quite some time and the coaching at the moment reflects that.

Why didn't Clarkson take Dawson off Wright? Because for Wil yesterday was about a learning experience. There are many decisions being made every week that are about making players better long term not doing damage control on the scoreboard in the short term.

We should be pleased that's happening because it means the club hierarchy is giving the coach the confidence to build properly rather than focus on self-preservation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back