Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Zero percent concerned with our coaching tbh.

Terrible list, terrible strength and fitness conditioning, and terrible development.

It'll take years to see the results from fixing those issues, assuming we get it 'right'.
Zero concern? You tipped we'd barely make a yelp by mid year?

I'm not talking sacking coaches but if you have zero concern either you're blindly optimistic, a clairvoyant or just downed 45 Xanax.

Zero percent concerned with our coaching tbh.

Terrible list, terrible strength and fitness conditioning, and terrible development.

It'll take years to see the results from fixing those issues, assuming we get it 'right'.
Zero percent concerned ?!!!!
What is the game plan Chaasaaaad??

$1M a year to go backwards…
Ldu , Bull go guys …
I don’t blame you.
This is the ultimate shit show ..,
More to come

Zero concern? You tipped we'd barely make a yelp by mid year?

I'm not talking sacking coaches but if you have zero concern either you're blindly optimistic, a clairvoyant or just downed 45 Xanax.

Honestly in a weird, morose way it's vindicating. For years I was telling fans here on the NMFC board that they were overrating our list. That when things were really bad under Noble, saying that simply replacing the coach wouldn't solve anything.

Then we got the best coach in the modern AFL era, and... the results are the exact same.

So either you think Clarkson is on-par with Noble in terms of coaching ability, or you acknowledge that our issues aren't coaching-related, and that the reality is our list+conditioning+development are absolute dog poo.

I fall into the latter category.

Honestly in a weird, morose way it's vindicating. For years I was telling fans here on the NMFC board that they were overrating our list. That when things were really bad under Noble that simply replacing the coach wouldn't solve anything.

Then we got the best coach in the modern AFL era, and... the results are the exact same.

So either you think Clarkson is on-par with Noble in terms of coaching ability, or you acknowledge that our issues aren't coaching-related, and that the reality is our list+conditioning+development are absolute dog poo.

He’s responsible for all of those things.

He’s the HEAD COACH!

This club is at historically low levels.

He’s in charge.

He’s cooked.
That was Noble. We’ve stripped the list back and are backing in the kids. In addition, Corr, LMac, Fisher, Stevo and even Tucker have all improved.

If you’re not a complete reactionary the improvement is there to see. Not excusing losing, not excusing some of the efforts. But this is being built from a wasteland. Some flowers are cracking through the concrete. Can I ask if you’ve ever been satisfied ever with any North game? I respect you as a poster but if you can’t see the growth in Xerri, Comben, Fisher, LDU, Powell (not so much today), Curtis, Wardlaw then I don’t know what to say tbh.

It’s turning. Slowly. But it is.

Honestly in a weird, morose way it's vindicating. For years I was telling fans here on the NMFC board that they were overrating our list. That when things were really bad under Noble, saying that simply replacing the coach wouldn't solve anything.

Fwiw I have always agreed Noble was judged harshly.

He took an absolute mess and had them playing with some cohesion by the end of his first season.

What on earth happened after that is anyone's guess.

I dont know what to think but maybe hes on a mission to pack us up and piss us off to Tasmania for good.
Seems to half care but not care enough- like a lot of the players. Be nice to see him at 100% and not constantly talking up bog average opposition.

if we appointed craig McRae at the start of 2023 I reckon we are 5/6 instead of 0/11. The structure and game plan is pitiful. The list has holes but this is deplorable

The blind faith has to be wearing thin. I don’t care what anybody says, the list is not a 0-11 and should not finish the year 0-23. They are playing with little confidence, passion, belief and poor skill execution.

The Coach has to take more than some responsibility. Young, developing lists will from time to time bob up with a surprise win (eg Hawthorn) but the way we are going at the moment, I just can’t see it.

The only two things that Clarko has in his favour are his history and the need for this club to have some stability - but at what cost?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was Noble. We’ve stripped the list back and are backing in the kids. Corr, LMac, Fisher, Stevo have all improved.

If you’re not a complete reactionary the improvement is there to see. Not excusing losing, not excusing some of the efforts. But this is being built from a wasteland. Some flowers are cracking through the concrete. Can I ask if you’ve ever been satisfied ever with any North game? I respect you as a poster but if you can’t see the growth in Xerri, Comben, Fisher, LDU, Powell (not so much today), Curtis, Wardlaw then I don’t know what to say tbh.

It’s turning. Slowly. But it is.
Individual players have improved, sure.

Comben, LDU and Xerri.

But OVERALL, the club is historically shit.

Full ground defence is non existent. Structural. Coaches responsibility.

Forward line structure. Shambolic. Coaches responsibility.

Fitness. Staff brought in to rectify it. No improvement.

Win percentage is now below Nobles.

Noble - 13.2% (5 wins from 38 games)
Clarkson - 12.5% (3 wins from 24 games)

BTW if you include Adams and Ratten it's 4 wins from 40 games which is 10%.

Bro- we literally got rid of noble and brought in clarko because we were losing games.

10 in and we still be losing almost as bad.

Because coaching wasn't the issue.

Bro- we literally got rid of noble and brought in clarko because we were losing games.

10 in and we still be losing almost as bad.

It’s not panic, it’s rational.
I thought we mainly got rid of Noble because he was a bully and a prick who people hated working underneath

I thought we mainly got rid of Noble because he was a bully and a prick who people hated working underneath
And yet we have people complaining that Clarko is "too woke".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back