Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR CLARKSON .
Yes, just stop it everyone! He’s walked into a club that’s the Rolls Royce of the AFL with talent and leadership like no other! Look at our past 10 years, just exquisite.
Been set up perfectly for Clarko! So everyone, stop making excuses for Clarko! Just stop it!

Please….

My only real concern with Clarkson is how has this never ending racism fiasco hurt him? Is he the same coach now or does he second guess himself? I see this year as really year 1 of his tenure, which means year 1 of the rebuild. It's a bitter pill to swallow but from 2020 to the end of last 2022 is basically a write off. So many stuff ups during Shaw and Noble's time. Last year the unexpected racism saga and TT's appalling behaviour which dragged on to this year. I thought we were really good in the first half, and atrocious in the third quarter. The first half gives me hope.

Not to be rude, but I’m really tired of your repetitive and s**t opinions lately.
I can guarantee it’s not as tired as I am of the on field shit we deliver on a weekly basis.

No really, we would need to lose for another 5 years straight to top the tiresomeness of your opinions.
Must be nice to see the club is never wrong.

academy awards oscars GIF

As opposed to your cheery disposition?
I expect professionals paid $500k a year who are led by a guy on seven figures to be able to win more than one game of football out of thirty.

But hey, that’s just me.

Yay Clarko!

As opposed to your cheery disposition?
I reckon posters are entitled to question his coaching. There isn’t really any need to belittle them. Every single person on this forum and the footy world expected us to improve this year. The fact we haven’t can’t just be blamed on the list.

I’m not seeing anything from a structure point of view that screams “Mastermind” to me. I know we lack on field leadership and are inexperienced but after those first 2 rounds last year I thought we’d end up playing more regular inspired footy because of the Clarko effect. Obviously the racism saga took some wind out of that sail, but I haven’t seen even the slightest bit of fire in the belly since those first two games.

The biggest thing for me is that I feel like Clarko has lost a bit of his edge. At the hawks he was tenacious, outspoken and wasn’t afraid to fire up.

I feel like that fire is gone and it’s all smiles, matey-matey, stay the course ect ect. I really thought Clarko would at a bare minimum having us playing with a harder edge, but that’s far from the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not seeing anything from a structure point of view that screams “Mastermind” to me. I know we lack on field leadership and are inexperienced but after those first 2 rounds last year I thought we’d end up playing more regular inspired footy because of the Clarko effect. Obviously the racism saga took some wind out of that sail, but I haven’t seen even the slightest bit of fire in the belly since those first two games.

The biggest thing for me is that I feel like Clarko has lost a bit of his edge. At the hawks he was tenacious, outspoken and wasn’t afraid to fire up.

I feel like that fire is gone and it’s all smiles, matey-matey, stay the course ect ect. I really thought Clarko would at a bare minimum having us playing with a harder edge, but that’s far from the case.
Should be embarrassed going into the club to get his pay cheque every week …. What are we getting for $1M a year ?
“We know where we are at”
“They are good side”
“The enthusiasm at the club is still second to none”

I reckon posters are entitled to question his coaching. There isn’t really any need to belittle them. Every single person on this forum and the footy world expected us to improve this year. The fact we haven’t can’t just be blamed on the list.
i reckon given you picked me out to waggle your finger that you dont really know what belittling is

Well, the plan of “no short term sugar hits” seems to be being implemented perfectly.
If that’s the plan, I see it. Literally no enjoyment at all watching this team.

Go North!!!

Should be embarrassed going into the club to get his pay cheque every week …. What are we getting for $1M a year ?
“We know where we are at”
“They are good side”
“The enthusiasm at the club is still second to none”
Rossco you need to have a little perspective. I agree he has been a disappointment and that most likely the game has gone past him. I don’t think he will coach a final again and he certainly won’t win another premiership. However to sack the bloke now is asinine. We have zero leadership at the club other than him and Todd. We operate on par with a local RSL Club such are the other leaders on the board and in other management positions. We are a shambles. Clarko and Todd are the the only thing giving us some legitimacy right now. Those guys are there every week fronting up for a mess they don’t create. They are the fall guys the media can’t question because of the runs on the board. Imagine a new first year coach with the pathetic support currently at north. They Wouldn’t last 2 seconds (see Rhyce Shaw). Clarko’s role now is to pump games into the kids, keep morale up and not lose any more senior players. I think he can do those 3 things. In a few years when hopefully we are more competitive on field and more competent off field then we can try for someone else. That won’t be anytime soon so you getting upset everyday won’t be good for your own mental health. Think of it as bad relationship we just need to tough out till better things come our way :)

I really don’t think there is any point discussing whether Clarko or any other coach would be getting better results out of the list OR if it would be the same outcome.

All I hear from the club is with time and more experience the wins will come and the tide will turn etc, etc.
Except that’s the same messaging that’s been hammered down our throats for years.

There is zero credibility at the club and Clarko is starting to lose his as well.
I don’t believe a word any North official says. Save it.

The issue is the list is in such horrible shape all we have is hope and to pray that it gets better. And the people in charge of the list aren’t fit for purpose.

Every football director in the last few years has made disastrous decisions that have set us back repeatedly, it’s actually embarrassing the way we’ve been run.

So keep Clarko. Sack Clarko. It won’t make us any better or any worse.

The cultural changes needed and standards around the football program will only improve when we have players capable of enforcing and upholding those standards.

Larkey needs help. LDU needs help. The backline is under siege and needs help.
Sheezel, Wardlaw, Kerch are all babies.

Until something drastic happens off field around player movement and we have the right people in charge making those decisions, then we’re gonna be stuck down on the bottom of the ladder.

That there is the problem and that there is the solution to solve it.

Everything else is just noise.

Like every NM fan, I was stoked when we landed Clarko.
I knew the list was putrid, but I honestly thought the one non-negotiable under his reign would be EFFORT. I expected us to exert a high level of sustained pressure on opposition teams most weeks.
Sadly, I was mistaken.

Coll had 6 guys on Fri night vs Freo with 10 games or less experience, yet those guys were manic in their pressure output.

Something is off at Arden St. Really off.

Yes. Capitals on the internet is raw emotion. Have a spell.
Its strange Passmore here we have Clarko and a few more coaches over the last few years not winning a game and the lynch mobs are out in force. Before that we had a coach winning games masking finals and the lynch mobs where out then as well. Iam so confused. Must be getting old

Clarko is about the only coach who would be given space and has the internal fortitude to build our list back up. Anyone else would be under a level of pressure that would be hard to deal with. Even setting aside the minimal chance anyone any good would want the job if Clarko wasn’t there, he’s the best person for this. He has years of grace, earned by his record. As has Todd.

The signs of the past two weeks have me feeling more optimistic about things turning sooner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back