ALERT - Major Change to Grand Final Ticketing - no internet available.

Remove this Banner Ad

gfcdevotee

Rookie
Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Dear Member,

From GFC:

As a Member of Geelong Football Club we would like to advise you of
significant changes to the arrangements for Grand Final ticket sales
on Sunday September 19.

icketmaster7 has advised the AFL that due to technical difficulties
with www.ticketmaster7.com <http://www.ticketmaster7.com/> , Grand
final tickets will no longer be able to be purchased via the internet.

We understand the frustration this may cause members who had planned
to purchase via the internet .

The AFL has been successful in getting Ticketmaster7 to extend the
phone service to include a fully staffed call centre.

The onsale time for eligible Geelong FC Captains Club and Social Club
Members tickets on Sunday 19 has been moved from 8.00am to 8.30am.

The onsale time for Full Adult, Concession and Junior Geelong FC
members
on Sunday 19 has been moved from 10.30am to 11.00am.

This decision was made to assist those members who do not know that
the internet is no longer an option to purchase.

Details relating to this on-sale change will be advertised in the
Geelong Advertiser, Saturday's Herald Sun and Age .

Please contact Membership Services if you have any further enquiries.

gfcdevotee said:
Dear Member,

From GFC:

As a Member of Geelong Football Club we would like to advise you of
significant changes to the arrangements for Grand Final ticket sales
on Sunday September 19.

icketmaster7 has advised the AFL that due to technical difficulties
with www.ticketmaster7.com <http://www.ticketmaster7.com/> , Grand
final tickets will no longer be able to be purchased via the internet.

We understand the frustration this may cause members who had planned
to purchase via the internet .

The AFL has been successful in getting Ticketmaster7 to extend the
phone service to include a fully staffed call centre.

members

This decision was made to assist those members who do not know that
the internet is no longer an option to purchase.

Details relating to this on-sale change will be advertised in the
Geelong Advertiser, Saturday's Herald Sun and Age .

Please contact Membership Services if you have any further enquiries.

Did they email this to you???

Does this mean all Captains CLub and Social club members only have 1/2 an hour to buy tickets?

How many calls can TicketMaster7 take.

No it would still mean we have 2 hours to purchase tickets, as other non guaranteed members cannot start purchasing until 10.30am.

I was notified by email, when you sign up for your membership you have to tick the box, to say that you are happy for the club to notify you.

Wouldn't rely on telephone - one too many 'dodgy' service providers to rely on - telstra, ticketmaster and the afl

Are you a CC or SC member? If so, will you be lining up at Fed Sq?

I thought buying a Captain's club membership would reduce all the drama surrounding purchasing a GF ticket, but that's never case.

Not that I'm complaining too loudly, it would be a lovely burden to have.

gfcdevotee said:
No it would still mean we have 2 hours to purchase tickets, as other non guaranteed members cannot start purchasing until 10.30am.

I was notified by email, when you sign up for your membership you have to tick the box, to say that you are happy for the club to notify you.

Wouldn't rely on telephone - one too many 'dodgy' service providers to rely on - telstra, ticketmaster and the afl

I thought buying a Captain's club membership would reduce all the drama surrounding purchasing a GF ticket, but that's never case.

I am CC.

I would just hate to miss out on a Granny if we made it and I was a CC member.

I never been to a final, so dont reallly understand all the crap that is going on with the ticket arrangements. Thats why I thought I would just get CC to make it easy, but your right doesnt seem that way.

gfcdevotee said:

They sent me an email a couple of days a go about the GF ticket arrangements, but not about these recent changes. Maybe still coming through.

Fellas we are confident arnt we. Living thru the last 4 GF, no matter the critria its far more civil and reasuring than the feeling that hits you 5 miutes after a winning Preliminary Final win.The feeling of missing out brings out the worst in people ,I resolved to donate/pay an extra amount to aviod this feeling esspeccially at a time with the G was at a degrade capacity which only make purchase even harder.Imagine a Saints and Cats GF and people missing out, there will be blood on the streets. No doubt the CC is worth it!!

So, from the earlier posting ..

members

this seems to means SC and CC members have 2&1/2 hours of access before the others can buy. If we are lucky enough to win I will be down at the club bright and early Sunday morn, If not, I sleep happy that Ive given that little bit extra to the club to ensure its continued viability

Thanks for the post gfcdevotee.

Wow, this is pretty annoying really.
I was planning on using the Internet booking service if we were good enough to beat Brisbane.
Pretty amazing that TM7 could stuff this up on one of the biggest days of the year!

LongBomb said:
Thanks for the post gfcdevotee.

Wow, this is pretty annoying really.
I was planning on using the Internet booking service if we were good enough to beat Brisbane.
Pretty amazing that TM7 could stuff this up on one of the biggest days of the year!
Don't know that it was a stuff-up exactly. It would be hard for ticketmaster to properly develop the sofware to validate that any prospective purchaser is a sc or cc. Putting in these sort of changes usually reequires extensive system testing etc. To get it all inplace to a service a small one off event. I don't know how many SC and CC's there are but I wouldn't think it would be more than 3000. It would not be cost effective compared to simply getting the call centre up and running.

I know what you mean, but surely each membership # in their database could have a field to say whether the member was 'guaranteed' or not.

I'm curious to know what happened last year. Was there internet booking for collingwood supporters? Do they have a similar SC or CC system?

Isnt there some where after the game where you go and line up, andthey give you a que ticket or something??

any details?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back