All Australian Team 2016

Which player is the most stiff to miss the AA squad?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite possibly the stupidest post in this thread, what does the AA team and finals have in common? Nothing, your a fool.

Shouldn't have anything to do with it. Geelong's finals performances shouldn't reflect on the credentials of one player.

Then again, it seems to be exact reason used for the selection of the team and the omission of others.

Equally ridiculous logic.

AA chosen by a "panel of experts" and they still manage to completely **** it up. I came up with this in 2 minutes and it is guaranteed to keep everyone happy*

B: Rampe, Rance, McGovern
HB: Shaw, Tarrant, Simpson
C: Hannebery, Kennedy, Sloane
HF: Martin, Franklin, Bontempelli
F: Betts, Kennedy, Lynch
Foll: Gawn, Dangerfield, Selwood
I/C: Neale, Parker, Pendlebury, Boyd

Talia stiff, but Tarrant will romp home the B&F and is doing it on his own in a side that made the top 8.
No Hawks no knock, just a champion team with good spread.

*biased fans of players I removed the exception ;)
You have selwood in the starting team and the only starting captain. Big footy would hate your team if they didnt know what the actual team was.

Why wasn't Josh Kennedy named captain of the all Australian side ?

I'm sorry if we want to change the perception that all the ass kissing awards are midfielder awards then. Aye we could name some key position players as captains

Fffs Joel Selwood is a great player but he's no better leader than Josh. Kennedy or buddy Franklin

Buddy overcome personal problems last year to come second in the Coleman ......why wasn't named captain

Let's start acknowledging other players besides mids and we may then see cultural change in the Brownlow also

Playing full forward is darn sight harder than playing midfield. It's interesting that mids get the awards but who gets paid the big bucks .....forwards and even defenders
Why wasnt dangerfield named at full back or dustin martin at centre half back or rory sloane on a wing?

Shouldn't have anything to do with it. Geelong's finals performances shouldn't reflect on the credentials of one player.

Then again, it seems to be exact reason used for the selection of the team and the omission of others.

Equally ridiculous logic.

Well for selecting the captain surely these sorts of things are taken into account.

How do you judge a players leadership skills?

For me Selwood is just a sook, and one of the worst captains going around. His example of petulance permeates the whole Geelong FC, but this also comes from the coach.

Well for selecting the captain surely these sorts of things are taken into account.

For me Selwood is just a sook, and one of the worst captains going around. His example of petulance permeates the whole Geelong FC, but this also comes from the coach.

could of picked a better example then the game where we destroyed by the umps. Hodgey and clarkson would of asked for a royal commission if the hawks ever recieved the same treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god, Geelong fans are so whiny and insecure.

Says a Collingwood supporter - I'm not bothering to check your posts in this thread but I've seen a LOT of whiny posts from Collingwood supporters about Pendlebury and a LOT MORE whiny posts from Carlton supporters about Docherty and/or Simpson.

Every player picked had outstanding seasons and deserved to be in the side.

Every team has players who had outstanding seasons and deserved to be in the side but missed out.

Every team had deserving players who didn't even make the final 40.

Get over it.

Geniunely perplexed by the Selwood inclusion. Has been OK this year but nothing more. Clearly outplayed by Dangerfield almost every week. Selwod has been good, but not great. Completely reputation based selection.

Meanwhile Lachie Neale breaks the record for most possessions in a season, on a team that was completely imploding and uncompetitive for 3/4 of the season. As usual selectors are a good 12 months behind.

It takes 12 months for selectors to reward the right player and then 12 months for selectors to demote the 'automatic selection' players despite on field performance.

Boyd is also completely baffling. Merrett, Crips, Laird, Simpson all should be ahead of Boyd.

You have selwood in the starting team and the only starting captain. Big footy would hate your team if they didnt know what the actual team was.

I think it depends on the context with Selwood.

I think he is a great fit in a side that includes Neale & Pendlebury as well.

The fact the AA team has earmarked him as a clear standout over the other 2 though has rightfully drawn scrutiny.

Geniunely perplexed by the Selwood inclusion. Has been OK this year but nothing more. Clearly outplayed by Dangerfield almost every week. Selwod has been good, but not great. Completely reputation based selection.

Meanwhile Lachie Neale breaks the record for most possessions in a season, on a team that was completely imploding and uncompetitive for 3/4 of the season. As usual selectors are a good 12 months behind.

It takes 12 months for selectors to reward the right player and then 12 months for selectors to demote the 'automatic selection' players despite on field performance.

Boyd is also completely baffling. Merrett, Crips, Laird, Simpson all should be ahead of Boyd.
Selwood was awful last tear due to injuries. By your theory he would be demoted this year. Nice theory though. Again coaches and brownlow voters rank selwood higher than neale. Its not just the AA panel.

Hodge has never got upset has he when losing? Never lost his head and dished out an elbow or 2? Never argued with the umps?

Selwood has never been caught drink driving either.

3x AA captain says something, mainly about your lack of knowledge.

AA chosen by a "panel of experts" and they still manage to completely **** it up. I came up with this in 2 minutes and it is guaranteed to keep everyone happy*

B: Rampe, Rance, McGovern
HB: Shaw, Tarrant, Simpson
C: Hannebery, Kennedy, Sloane
HF: Martin, Franklin, Bontempelli
F: Betts, Kennedy, Lynch
Foll: Gawn, Dangerfield, Selwood
I/C: Neale, Parker, Pendlebury, Boyd

Talia stiff, but Tarrant will romp home the B&F and is doing it on his own in a side that made the top 8.
No Hawks no knock, just a champion team with good spread.

*biased fans of players I removed the exception ;)

Rioli is a lock. That makes your side a failure.

The best leader in the team is buddy

Came back from a mental breakdown last year to lead his team to the top of the table and had a great goal kicking year

He also didn't look as angry this year and was enjoying his footy

He was by far the best leader in the all Australian team by his actions and performance not reputation

Rant over

Pretty narrow-minded view of what is takes to be a leader.

Just so you're aware, Sydneys leadership group is McVeigh, Jack, Kennedy, Smith, Parker, Grundy, Hannebery and Rampe.

Buddy has done a fantastic job and I've long defended and supported him, but a super leader he is not. That is ok, it is ok to be an all-time great player and a matchwinner but not a leader. It is not a slight on him.

Back