All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So once the nostalgia of a 67-year old commentator who's peak was in the 90's wears off they just just replace him with a 61-year-old commentator who's peak was also in the 90's??

I know that Conrad Thompson does miracles by getting his co-hosts gigs in the wrestling industry-- but I feel that Schiavone isn't the right man for the AEW commentary booth. Goldenboy yes-- but no to Schiavone.

Who gives a s**t how old they are? Jim Cornette is still doing color commentary on MLW too. And there's not one single person better than him at it. Tony still sounds and looks good. JR sounds and looks extremely tired. Good at interviews and other doco type pieces but not great live.

Last edited:
The business may have left JR behind but not Schiavone. If it were just Excalibur and Schiavone it would easily be the best commentary team in the business.
I think Kevin Kelly is the best commentator in the business. Love his work for New Japan, especially how he sells a finishing move - Destinnnnnnnoooooo, Raaaaaainnnmaker.

This really sucks.

But... This doesn't...

ECr1edjXUAASuhu.jpg:large

Last edited:
[
I heard the Revival got time added on their deals due to missing time with injuries.

Same as Luke Harper then?

So WWE is becoming more of a prison towards its workers. With that kind of attitude I can see 2 things happening.
(A) more talent that may feel utilised, will leave.
(B) it will make it more difficult to attract new talent, once they realise that they will be micromanaged and forced to stay against their will, in case they don’t grab the ever changing “brass ring.”

This archaic business practice of Vince’s will eventually back fire.

They should be going all out to get Punk. No matter what the cost. Jericho and Punk fighting over the title would be gold.

These sell outs are less impressive than I thought. The first show is in a WWE size arena but the rest aren't.

Week 2 is a 7,000 seat arena and 3 is around 10,000. Get full houses or close and that's double what WWE are doing for recent TV and beats their PPVs not on SummerSlam weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "sell outs" arent exactly sell outs either. a lot of tickets are instantly purchased by scalpers. go to Stubhub and look how many tickets are available.

Indeed. Not much AEW could do about that though. The scalpers will reduce tickets to sell them and most if not all will go after All Out I'm sure.

Omega young bucks Joey janela easily more overrated than punk

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Whilst I agree every single one of them is also overrated, I still think Punk is worse.

I've been zoned off wrestling for a bit, can't believe that Marko Stunt idiot is being pushed into the Lucha / Jungleboy team.

How is Omega overrated? Because Meltzer routinely awards him 5 stars? He’s an amazing in ring performer.

Weak promo, has done a lot of comedy bullshit, no real character, goes for “performance wrestling” over actually making a match look like a sporting contest.

A lot of this stuff gets overlooked by his fans

Weak promo, has done a lot of comedy bulls**t, no real character, goes for “performance wrestling” over actually making a match look like a sporting contest.

A lot of this stuff gets overlooked by his fans

Spot on. He's an impressive wrestler sometimes but the 15 near fall and finisher spam s**t stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back