All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrestling for the sake of wrestling would get old fast. It'll be story driven but probably do a better job of it and unlike WWE not exclusively focus on the main event/title picture.
the 2 things I give a stuff about AEW or any other Wrestling promotion is 2 things......

1. that its an exciting product to watch or at least watchable.

2. that it turns a profit.

AEW is a watchable product. It hasnt turned a profit..... yet.

WWE is unwatchable at the moment. But they are turning a profit off the back of getting USA network Paying 200 million a year for the TV rights for RAW and Fox paying 200 million a year for smackdown.

How is he abusing his power? He is definitely the most over face on the show based off responses etc.

He has, in response, got a title match at a B PPV. He hasn't even won it nor will he.

If he ends up champ and stays that way for a year then you can bag him as using his position.

Last I looked he hasn't buried anyone aka Triple H.
To be Brutally honest About the AEW world title, I am glad Chris Jericho was the 1st AEW champion. The bloke is a former WWE champion. Chris Jericho is a well known figure in the wrestling world.

Cody Rhodes would of been a good inaugural AEW champion, he was a former NWA champion.

AEW doesnt have too many guys capable of holding the belt for long periods of time. Not yet anyway. Kenny Omega is another one I wouldnt mind seeing hold the AEW world title.

My Personal Opinion, Chris Jericho should hold the belt for at least 6-9 months. a 12 month reign might be a stretch considering AEW is shown each week. Not that you expect a world title each Wednesday night.

I expect Cody Rhodes to get the AEW world title at some point. He will get a 4-6 month run with the belt I think then lose it to someone like a Moxley or Omega.

Again..... Its going to be Like the WWE in 1993-6. Your going to have 3-4 guys that are capable to be world champions for long periods of time as it will take a while to build up new stars and Main eventers.

I mean from that New Generation from 1993-6, Yokozuna had a 9 month reign from King of the ring from mid 1993 until wresltemania 10 in march of 1994. Bret Hart had an 8 month reign from Wresltemania 10 until surivivor series 1994. Kevin Nash/Diesel had that year long reign in 1995. HBK had an 8 month reign from Wrestlemania 12 in march of 1996 to Survivor series in november of 1996.

AEW has some young talent. But for the 1st 2 years of AEWs existence, You would expect Jericho, Cody Rhodes, John Moxley and Kenny Omega all to have a run with the AEW world title.

Oh we're still going with this huh.

Like I said before, Cody Rhodes has the biggest mainstream exposure outside of Jericho to bring across casual viewers.
People know the name more than they know the name PAC or Moxley even if they do know who they are once they watch.

But that's the key thing - once they watch.

AEW needs to spend a lot of money on advertising. Thats one thing ECW and TNA didnt do.

ECW had an Excuse, they had little to no money regardless. TNAs excuse was they were poorly run.

A rejuvenated Orton could be really good for AEW.

That star power would definitely help with their ratings, can’t see WWE losing him though. Surely now Orton would just take a part-time contract with WWE and this is helping him push up his price.

Yep I agree. Isn’t he good friends with Cody? The AEW schedule is pretty light compared to the WWE.

here's what's on tap for AEW Dynamite tomorrow:
  • Jon Moxley vs. PAC
  • Private Party vs. The Lucha Bros in an AEW Tag Team title tournament semifinal match
  • The Dark Order vs. SoCal Uncensored in an AEW Tag Team title tournament semifinal match
  • Kenny Omega vs. Joey Janela
  • The Young Bucks vs. Best Friends
  • Britt Baker vs. Jamie Hayter
  • Cody Rhodes speaks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also i get there doing the tag tournament but sorry 7 tag matches in two weeks in ******* ridiculous.

Why are the bucks going against best friends because they lost? who ******* cares?

Probably the least excited ive been to watch an episode this week

Also i get there doing the tag tournament but sorry 7 tag matches in two weeks in ******* ridiculous.

Why are the bucks going against best friends because they lost? who ******* cares?

Probably the least excited ive been to watch an episode this week
Yea we could do without the YB v Best Friends tag and even the Omega v JJ match. Instead do some promos and have a short recap of AEW Dark.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

The "hot, new wrestling company" has it's so-called Number #1 Babyface Cody getting back up from a 50 year old Dustin Rhodes,a 63 year old Diamond Dallas Page & a wrestler who's one of the best natural heels (who is portraying a face despite looking like smug prick) to 'even the numbers' against the Inner Circle.

Seriously-- who booked this s**t!

The "hot, new wrestling company" has it's so-called Number #1 Babyface Cody getting back up from a 50 year old Dustin Rhodes,a 63 year old Diamond Dallas Page & a wrestler who's one of the best natural heels (who is portraying a face despite looking like smug prick) to 'even the numbers' against the Inner Circle.

Seriously-- who booked this s**t!
Yeah only way this could of gone worse is if WWE booked it.
WWE would of forgotten the friendship and loyalty parts and just been random "entertainers" joining together lol

Probably the strongest show they have done so far.

Personally i wasnt a big fan of PP vs Lucha to me it was to over the top with the spots and didnt feel organic at all.

Britt Baker is absolutely terrible if this was WWE she wouldnt even be near the main roster right now she needs a hell of a lot of work.

Jamie Hayter in that outfit was magical to watch hopefully she wasnt just a once off.

MOX vs PAC was a great ending imo neither of them came out looking weak and both go in to there match ups at full gear looking great.

I dunno what it is but i cant stand the Bucks they just rub me the wrong way.

Sexy Chuckie T could be a really good singles wrestler if given the chance i really like him.

How can you not love the Inner Circle and what they are doing i was legit laughing when they did the air horns over cody.

Not a big fan but got to give him credit janela looks like he's lost some weight. Still needs some muscle imo though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Probably the strongest show they have done so far.

Personally i wasnt a big fan of PP vs Lucha to me it was to over the top with the spots and didnt feel organic at all.

Britt Baker is absolutely terrible if this was WWE she wouldnt even be near the main roster right now she needs a hell of a lot of work.

Jamie Hayter in that outfit was magical to watch hopefully she wasnt just a once off.

MOX vs PAC was a great ending imo neither of them came out looking weak and both go in to there match ups at full gear looking great.

I dunno what it is but i cant stand the Bucks they just rub me the wrong way.

Sexy Chuckie T could be a really good singles wrestler if given the chance i really like him.

How can you not love the Inner Circle and what they are doing i was legit laughing when they did the air horns over cody.
WWE would make her Raw or SmackDown Women's Champion.

Agree with young bucks just annoying. I don't get the love for Britt baker either probably so they can repeat she's a dentist a 1000 times each match.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back