All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hangman is my fav atm and should be given the belt, easily the most entertaining talent on the roster.

He was always rated but in my opinion, has gone to the top of the elite crew.

Turn Ambrose heel because he is nothing but a spot hardcore monkey atm.

Feel better?

Yes. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you've said. AEW certainly don't get everything right and these would be a start. I'd turn Omega heel against Hangman to further define Page as a face.

Sad, but unsurprising response from an AEW Mark who doesn’t accept anything but positive comments in this thread or AEW in general but doesn’t even read the rest of the thread.

If you read the follow-up posts much of the responses make sense in context—bit difficult to comment on an irrelevant tweet when it’s not within @RossFC’s original post or even still online.

Haven't read my posts closely enough if you think I only accept positive criticism of AEW. Find someone anywhere half as critical/negative about the tag title match at Revolution as I was. I'm a fan and I like that there is another place pro wrestlers can work and earn good money rather than just a place that picks and chooses where it wants to be pro wrestling. If that makes me an AEW mark then so be it.

There's a difference between constructive or worthwhile debate and 'wa wa wa I don't like them, never have, never will' type s**t there's way too much of here.

If they can hang onto these young guys then the future is bright for AEW.
Jungle Boy had a great main event match.

Got to say though, even though the Tag teams and the division is great, it’s annoying that they seem to be going down the same path as WWE with these mix and match tag team champs and contenders (not real tag teams).

But they are kayfabe rankings--- how does a 4-0 Kenny Omega get ranked third, a 4-0 Brodie Lee get ranked fourth & a 4-0 MJF be not ranked; where as the person MJF beat at the last PPV in Cody is 9-1 and in a mid-card title match.

If the TNT title is going to be held by the No.1 ranked singles wrestler (because the winner should go to top based off the rankings), then it isn't really a mid card title but a defacto No.1 Contendership.

If they want to keep the rankings they either need to actually use them or at least kayfabe them. At the moment they just don't make sense. Why would Jungle Boy prefer a singles match against MJF over a No.1 Contenders match for the tag titles with Jurassic Express?

Glad that AEW has got a 2nd singles belt. I knew it was either going to be a US title or TV title. TNT title is close enough. Or a TNT TV title lol.

A mid card belt or 2nd singles belt is used for various methods....
-to hand to a workhorse or technical wrestler
-To give to a wrestler that is over and sort of a test run on how that person could potientially fare as a world champion
-To give to that person as a number 1 contender to the world champion.

There has been guys that have Used the WCW US belt or WWF IC belt to use as a stepping stone to become a world champion.

The point is The WWF IC title back in the day was given to a Workhorse like a tito Santana, Randy Savage, Mr Perfect or Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. While a Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage or Ultimate Warrior held the WWF belt. outside of Randy Savage vs Ultimate warrior just before Wrestlemania 5 in 1989 and Hogan vs Warrior in Wrestlemania 6 in 1990, you rarely see WWF champion vs IC champion matches in the late 1980s to early 1990s

You look at the WCW US belt, Rick Rude held that US Belt for most of 1992 and called out then WCW champ Ron Simmons for a WCW title shot. Goldberg in 1998 was the US champion and challenged Hulk Hogan for the WCW belt too.

Interesting to see how their second show goes once it kicks off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are a long way off for that....

Once AEW averages constantly 1.5-2 million viewers each week or is getting 100-150 million a year in TV money, then it Should be considered. AEW should follow WWEs way of having one strong weekly show that draws well for a good 5-10 years then create another 2nd show to slowly grow too
AEW Dark will probably be elevated to be like Smackdown or WCW Thunder.

Ah the old NWA- Early WCW period of the mid to late 1980s.

When Turner Bought that NWA branch and re named it WCW, the flag ship Show was WCW saturday night in a 2 hour block. Then you had Friday night main event. I think they has syndicated shows each week too. So from 1973-late 2000, NWA/WCW saturday night was a main staple to the point it was a back bone to Help ted turner make money.

Then WCW Monday Nitro came in September of 1995, that got big. Monday nitro was on TNT, a bigger network that had a bigger reach and had to Appeal to high brow type people.

WCW thunder on Wednesdays or Thursday nights was On TBS for low brow entertainment. By 1998, WCW saturday night was a C show behind Nitro and thunder.

WWF programming in the 1980s had WWF primetime tv which was on mondays. Tuesday night titans and other syndicated shows.

Then WWF rebranded WWF primetime TV into Monday night RAW in january 1993 on USA network. Then RAW went to The Nashville Network as it was known, which then became spike TV. WWE raw was on there from September of 2000 to september of 2005. Raw has been on USA network ever since.

WWF smackdown started on UPN, then the CW network then MyNetworkTV, which was paying 20 million a year. On october 1st 2010, Smackdown was moved to Syfy at 30 million a year.

On July 26, 2018, Fox made a deal to have Smackdown on their channel on a 5 year deal at 205 million a year for 5 years which started on October 4th 2018.

Glad that AEW has got a 2nd singles belt. I knew it was either going to be a US title or TV title. TNT title is close enough. Or a TNT TV title lol.

A mid card belt or 2nd singles belt is used for various methods....
-to hand to a workhorse or technical wrestler
-To give to a wrestler that is over and sort of a test run on how that person could potientially fare as a world champion
-To give to that person as a number 1 contender to the world champion.

There has been guys that have Used the WCW US belt or WWF IC belt to use as a stepping stone to become a world champion.

The point is The WWF IC title back in the day was given to a Workhorse like a tito Santana, Randy Savage, Mr Perfect or Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. While a Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage or Ultimate Warrior held the WWF belt. outside of Randy Savage vs Ultimate warrior just before Wrestlemania 5 in 1989 and Hogan vs Warrior in Wrestlemania 6 in 1990, you rarely see WWF champion vs IC champion matches in the late 1980s to early 1990s

You look at the WCW US belt, Rick Rude held that US Belt for most of 1992 and called out then WCW champ Ron Simmons for a WCW title shot. Goldberg in 1998 was the US champion and challenged Hulk Hogan for the WCW belt too.

Top post and spot on.
Will hopefully be used as a legit title

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then WCW Monday Nitro came in September of 1995, that got big. Monday nitro was on TNT, a bigger network that had a bigger reach and had to Appeal to high brow type people.
Can't remember where I heard the story so it might be fake but apparently TNT would start Nitro slightly early and run over time by like 5 or so minutes each night so people would tune in to the show before it and hopefully stay to watch the show after. So TNT would put two shows on that they wanted to build and make popular on before/after Nitro and once they rated well moved those shows to different nights to build up a weekly audience

Top post and spot on.
Will hopefully be used as a legit title
I am hoping that too.

Saying that, Theres like between 40-60 wrestlers on the AEW roster.

So we have Started with the AEW world title, then we have Tag team belts. Now we have got the AEW TNT title as a 2nd singles belt. That should do for now.

eventually I want to have a Light-heavywieght or junior heavyweight or cruiserweight belt for anyone 220-230 pounds or under.

Can't remember where I heard the story so it might be fake but apparently TNT would start Nitro slightly early and run over time by like 5 or so minutes each night so people would tune in to the show before it and hopefully stay to watch the show after. So TNT would put two shows on that they wanted to build and make popular on before/after Nitro and once they rated well moved those shows to different nights to build up a weekly audience

it's quite common, even our networks do this.

Or even better on an episode of Nitro in 1997 the main event match of Hulk Hogan Vs The Giant aired during the add breaks of The New Adventures of Robin Hood (the show following it)

I am hoping that too.

Saying that, Theres like between 40-60 wrestlers on the AEW roster.

So we have Started with the AEW world title, then we have Tag team belts. Now we have got the AEW TNT title as a 2nd singles belt. That should do for now.

eventually I want to have a Light-heavywieght or junior heavyweight or cruiserweight belt for anyone 220-230 pounds or under.
Not a fan of those ‘weight division’ belts. Part of the appeal of wrestling is having all sizes wrestling each other and then makes no sense when you have a Rey Misterio on the main roster and not on 205. NJPW is the only organization that does these well and only because they’re the most pure wrestling organization with intelligent and logical booking.

Not a fan of those ‘weight division’ belts. Part of the appeal of wrestling is having all sizes wrestling each other and then makes no sense when you have a Rey Misterio on the main roster and not on 205. NJPW is the only organization that does these well and only because they’re the most pure wrestling organization with intelligent and logical booking.
I dont mind it....

WCW had an awesome Cruiserweight division in 1996-99. Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerro all were talented wrestlers in WCW. All 3 became WCW cruiserweight champs. All 3 worked hard up the WWE ladder.

All 3 did become US and IC champs in the WWE at one point in history and all 3 became world champions.

WCW crapped on the WWF in various areas from 1995-1999 because they had a massive 60-80 person roster. It was a deep roster too. With the right booking, could of had good production of booking matches for a good 5-10 year run.

You had guys contesting for the WCW belt. A good amount of talent fighting for the US title and a good variation of talent for the WCW cruiserweight belt.

I dont mind AEW if they go in that WCW 1996-98 path of booking certain talent well with certain belts.

TNT title matches are open challenges?

... then what was the purpose of the Battle Royal last week of Jungle Boy could’ve just answered an Open Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back