List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointing that right when SPP and Acres are likely at their lowest price and "gettable" we've got nothing to offer up but 🚽

They'd both have been good, cheap, AFL quality midfield depth.

Dockers will get Acres as part of the Hill trade IMO.

Hopefully SPP can't get a crack at port in 2020 and comes out of contract cheaper.

It's possible we don't have the salary cap space for either.

With Burton being let go at Adelaide I feel they will target Vozzo to replace him.

Well they can * right off. He’s under rated imo and would be a very good replacement as CEO when Nisbett eventually pulls the pin

I'm really happy we got Kelly and don't particularly care about the price. However, i wish we were somehow involved in something more.
Its getting very boring reading about all the other clubs trades. Most of which seem to be falling through anyway.
Have the Eagles just shut up shop now and gone home?

I see our needs as midfielders and ruckmen. Because of that I'd be going after:

Garcia
Jamieson
Hibberd
Goddard
Eastland
Waterman
Reckon he is gettable at 52? Or with GWS looking like jumping ahead of Freo to get Jackson does that mean the purples will have a crack at 26 or whatever they get from the Saints in the way of a third rounder as part of the Hill deal?

Looks a likely type and could potentially allow Williams to play KPF from say 2022 onwards.

Reckon he is gettable at 52? Or with GWS looking like jumping ahead of Freo to get Jackson does that mean the purples will have a crack at 26 or whatever they get from the Saints in the way of a third rounder as part of the Hill deal?

Looks a likely type and could potentially allow Williams to play KPF from say 2022 onwards.

Your right Jamieson will be a target for sure our picks won't get him .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think Freo will use 26 on him. They'll have that earmarked for one of the WA mids. The third rounder might be a threat.

I think we need to look at Eastland and Goddard - but they are different ruckmen. I think our game style is more geared to an athletic 200cm player that can mark, tap and kick. Thats probably more Eastland than Goddard, who is a stronger tap ruckman.

The trend seems to be towards ruckmen who are almost 205+ and monsters at the contest, but less athletic around the ground. Think your Pruess and Gawn types. I dont think that meshes well with the way we want to play. So I would be looking at Eastland.

if Jamieson is gone then I think we will pick one of the other two - they fill a need and we will need a ruckman in the Beagles to allow Williams to keep developing. If we sign McInness to the Beagles then maybe not, we have also been saying these guys need to be picked up for a couple of years and it hasnt happened. It makes sense to draft given our youngest ruckman is Williams, who isnt a genuine ruck - then youve got Vardy and Hickey who are both 28. Its a pressing need.

Im a fan of risk this late in the draft. If we got a Hibberd or Sokol then we have a player who can be played in senior footy immediately if we need to. Conversely, if we wanted to take a player who had been injured, but has potential and we can afford to keep on the list for a couple of years then Garcia, Georgiades, Perez or Parnell could be options. So:

52: Jamieson, Hibberd, Garcia, Perez
64: Eastland (if no Jamieson), Garcia, Perez
RD: Waterman, Eastland, Goddard

Last edited:
I'm really happy we got Kelly and don't particularly care about the price. However, i wish we were somehow involved in something more.
Its getting very boring reading about all the other clubs trades. Most of which seem to be falling through anyway.

I’m the same now after a massive campaign to get Kelly and virtually no presence in the draft..
The thrill to unwrap some draft presents is temporarily gone ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We don't really have anything to trade with tbh. A future third and players (which I doubt anyone of value will be requesting a trade)

We might not have room in the cap for Bonar ladies and gents. Not to mention no Top 30 pick.

Does anyone know why we dont seem to be in the mix most years for the Irish talent? It always seems to be Essendon, Carlton etc. Maybe Brophy's homesickness turned us off but you put one of these fellas on a wing or make them an outside mid and theyve be great at the Beagles.

So I assume our list position is we need 3 more delistings .

Main list changes
Masten - kelly
Mutimer - 52
Mallen - 64
Brayshaw - watson upgrade .

Its a shame brayshaw and Mallen have to be delisted . They were in our starting onballers for the Beagles all year .

Both would be better for our list next year than anything we rookie in such a weak draft . Mallen was in the emergencies on multiple occasions

Hopefully re-rookie both .

Rookie list changes

McInnis - brayshaw re-rookie
Watson - mallen re-rookie

Keeps continuity in our reserves team which is good for our main team

2020 changes
Out schofield ahchee kennedy

So I assume our list position is we need 3 more delistings .

Main list changes
Masten - kelly
Mutimer - 52
Mallen - 64
Brayshaw - watson upgrade .

Its a shame brayshaw and Mallen have to be delisted . They were in our starting onballers for the Beagles all year .

Both would be better for our list next year than anything we rookie in such a weak draft . Mallen was in the emergencies on multiple occasions

Hopefully re-rookie both .

Rookie list changes

McInnis - brayshaw re-rookie
Watson - mallen re-rookie

Keeps continuity in our reserves team which is good for our main team

2020 changes
Out schofield ahchee kennedy

We went in with 39 senior players this year so we don’t actually have to delist Brayshaw.

Sure but it will require us to pay brayshaw more than a draftee wage and im not sure he is worth it .

Rumour going around the purples want to pick him up then angus also

I doubt he’s in for a huge payrise.

Since the remainder of our backup midfield, with Mellen and Mutimer (likely) leaving, is only Ah Chee, Ainsworth and O’Neill I’d like to keep him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back