Vic ALP rorted the 2014 Victorian election using taxpayer money

Remove this Banner Ad

They have never really discussed the level crossings, except to spend their time bashing them on SkyRail.
They have never discussed the construction of new schools or the re-opening of the TAFE college at Lilydale.
They have never really discussed any new hospital..except to criticise the Government on questionable matters such as cancer centre.
They have never really discussed the West Gate Tunnel, except to criticise them for it (e.g. the benfeits to the residents of Footscray and Yarraville).
They have never discussed the Mernda Rail Extension.

That's what I am talking about.

Ah, they being Murdoch press. Yes, they are biased as all get out, but it doesn't excuse what to me seems pretty obvious that if you are employed by parliament to manage the election that you do not campaign for any politician on paid or unpaid time. It means potentially that there would need to be 2 different types of office, one for the "work" that needs to be done for that electorate, and a separate party political office for the local member. Potentially the "work" non political office could also retain staff rather than being fired if member changes seats (retain local experience).

Ah, they being Murdoch press. Yes, they are biased as all get out, but it doesn't excuse what to me seems pretty obvious that if you are employed by parliament to manage the election that you do not campaign for any politician on paid or unpaid time. It means potentially that there would need to be 2 different types of office, one for the "work" that needs to be done for that electorate, and a separate party political office for the local member. Potentially the "work" non political office could also retain staff rather than being fired if member changes seats (retain local experience).

You are missing the point. No one cares about what happened at the 2014 election except the Liberal party, the Herald-Sun and 3aw.

It's in the past now. You cannot change the result. The problem I have with all 3 parties listed above is they have failed to understate the state they are in. It's like they backed a loser and are chasing the lost bets every way they can.

- The finding of the Ombudsman's report is that people were being employed by the ALP and by the Parliament (as electorate officers) at the same time. This does not happen in other parties.
- The reason the Ombudsman did not investigate other parties was there was no probable cause to investigate other parties. The investigation came from a motion moved by the Greens Party - if they thought the Libs were doing something dodgy, they would want it investigated believe me.
- The "side letter", regardless of how you feel about the validity of the actual project, was related to the building of infrastructure. The Libs still want to build East West Link if in government. The ALP misused taxpayer money merely and only to win an election.
- So the amount of money reported by the Ombudsman has been repaid. What about the votes? The "no one personally benefitted" stuff is total rubbish. It helped them win an election.

So far, of the 61 ALP members elected at the 2014 election, over half have now been implicated in some form of rorting of taxpayer money. It is simply who they are.
I knew that. Do I get a prize?

You are missing the point. No one cares about what happened at the 2014 election except the Liberal party, the Herald-Sun and 3aw.

It's in the past now. You cannot change the result. The problem I have with all 3 parties listed above is they have failed to understate the state they are in. It's like they backed a loser and are chasing the lost bets every way they can.

I reckon the Ombudsman cared about what happened at the 2014 election, and anyone who has a semblance of correct standards of behaviour for our elected representatives. pazza, to stand by this, you are setting the bar at the lowest point for what we expect of our pollies.

The good thing is that we can change the result of the 2018 election.

Agreed! But I contend it's not something that is new. It's been going on for yonks. If the Libby-dibs, Nats and Greens are so clean, why did they join forces in the Legislative Council to stop extending the investigation of the Ombudsman to include them?

The developers friend and his buddies from News Corp and Macquarie, who peddle sensationalism mixed with distortions and derision, will continue with this stuff as a means of returning those who see themselves as being born to rule back into power.

I reckon the Ombudsman cared about what happened at the 2014 election, and anyone who has a semblance of correct standards of behaviour for our elected representatives. pazza, to stand by this, you are setting the bar at the lowest point for what we expect of our pollies.

The good thing is that we can change the result of the 2018 election.

Yeah and vote in a party that has NO POLICY POSITIONS outside of maybe law and order. That's is what is at stake.

What are the policies of Opposition? Simple question to ask.

Given there are now some 7 months before caretaker mode, wouldn't it be wise to have them?

Total deflection. How about conceding the s**t that the ALP pulled in the 2014 election? And tried at taxpayers expense to cover up.

Total deflection. How about conceding the s**t that the ALP pulled in the 2014 election? And tried at taxpayers expense to cover up.

As I have said.

One the money has be repaid in full.
Two the investigation by the Ombudsman was a form of bullying in that only the Government was investigate and no one else.
Three, does it really matter?

I know it is the past, but the liberal side will sell the message of dodgy behaviour and this perception can also undermine what the government have achieved. Yes the HUN rabbits on about crap (case in mind firefighters who I don't think as an issue resonates) but this issue may pick up more traction than what you believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On this issue of government advertising, one leader ran on the policy of cutting government advertising and then actually did cut government advertising once elected: Ted Baillieu. And everything thinks he did nothing for two years.

I don't think we'll see someone put taxpayer money where his mouth is like Baillieu did again.

Seriously, how rusted on do you have to be to defend this.

Half the posters here are Labor staffers paid to spread the Good Word on social media so its not surprising.

Outraged over Bishop riding in a helicopter. No issue with Labor rorting an election.

Certainly got their priorities right.

Half the posters here are Labor staffers paid to spread the Good Word on social media so its not surprising.

Outraged over Bishop riding in a helicopter. No issue with Labor rorting an election.

Certainly got their priorities right.
Half the posters here are One Nation members paid to spread the God Word on social media so its not surprising

....is that how you do it?

Have a sook lads. Andrews may not be perfect but he gets stuff done and he is light years ahead of anyone in the ranks of the opposition. If Guy is their leader then truly, spare us-he is incompetent, crooked and bonkers. At least Andrews is competent and sane and no more crooked that anyone else in politics, from any party.

That's completely untrue.

I'm sure people here didn't have an issue with Bishop riding in a helicopter.

It was that she did so at the taxpayer's expense, when there were far cheaper travelling options available, that was the problem.

That's completely untrue.

I'm sure people here didn't have an issue with Bishop riding in a helicopter.

It was that she did so at the taxpayer's expense, when there were far cheaper travelling options available, that was the problem.

Completely untrue. Nice deflection.

There was massive outrage over it. Dozens and dozens of pages. For a $5,000 flight.

Yet we have tumbleweeds here when a Labor government used $400,000 of taxpayer money to manipulate an election.

Very balanced view by many of the regulars of SRP...

Completely untrue. Nice deflection.

There was massive outrage over it. Dozens and dozens of pages. For a $5,000 flight.

Yet we have tumbleweeds here when a Labor government used $400,000 of taxpayer money to manipulate an election.

Very balanced view by many of the regulars of SRP...
It's not a deflection. Your statement was false.

The issue was the cost. And her refusal to use a cheaper option of travel.

And name the Labor staffers please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back