An observation from the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

inanunda

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
To all the Melbourne supporters who want Neeld's head on a stick because he is getting rid of the dead wood and non-believers, get stuffed! After watching yesterday's Grand Final you cannot say that our list would even get close to the type of football played. No heart, no balls, play your own game, have a sook: get another job. Enough of the talk about potential. Give me 22 ball tearing mongrels any day. High work rate > high draft picks!

I don't think there are many people who want Neeld's head on a stick here... is there? While I totally agree with your sentiments in regards to how the club needs to go about things I think you'll find there are far more here that agree with you than who don't. We aren't Demonland... ;)

All you need to do is look at the list and how quickly we are moving to cull it. Neeld knows this current list would never win a flag or even come close to it so he is doing what needs to be done and it's the best thing that's happened to the club for a while.

I thought it was interesting to read Mark Neeld's preview of the Granny in The Age:
Again, both clubs are well regarded for having truly hard-nosed, professional cultures. They are both led well, on and off the field. They both average just more than 100 games of experience per player; in essence, they are both worthy premiers.

Today is not so much a clash of cultures as it is a clash of game plans. Both boast outstanding toughness and are hard to play against, but their success has been achieved playing two different ways.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/how-the-swans-can-win-the-flag-20120928-26qp8.html#ixzz27vJKMZQH
Just a little insight into what he thinks is required to make a Grand Final.

I don't think there are many people who want Neeld's head on a stick here... is there? While I totally agree with your sentiments in regards to how the club needs to go about things I think you'll find there are far more here that agree with you than who don't. We aren't Demonland... ;)

All you need to do is look at the list and how quickly we are moving to cull it. Neeld knows this current list would never win a flag or even come close to it so he is doing what needs to be done and it's the best thing that's happened to the club for a while.

Damn right! This isn't Demonland. I was in awe watching two teams smash each other and working hard. No flash, look at me types - just hard skull cracking football. The new kid Johnson from the Swans made alot of our players look in the mirror and ask themselves "Could I do what he does - play selfless football?" I bet you there would not be many 'Yes' answers.

Who knew that hard-nosed players who stick to the gameplan is the blue print of a premiership side?!

I am still not 100% convinced that Neeld is the right man for the job though. I will give him another 12 months before I air my grievances.

Who knew that hard-nosed players who stick to the gameplan is the blue print of a premiership side?!

I am still not 100% convinced that Neeld is the right man for the job though. I will give him another 12 months before I air my grievances.

All grievances on hold. Sharpen up the Axes, Fire up the Chainsaw!!! xD

Jude Bolton, two time premiership player, 300 gamer, more likely to retire than not, I reckon we should go after him as a midfield coach. Loves the way he goes about his football and I think it's worth getting his knowledge into our midfielders.

What I learned yesterday is that if you are prepared to work hard, success will follow. Sydney don't have bona fide superstars - we barely say a word here in Victoria - but they have got to where they are just off hard work, no superstar acts, just working for each other and the team. They've got premiership medals out of Mike Pyke and Mitch Morton - people thought they were duds. They played the game of their lives yesterday.

Jude Bolton, two time premiership player, 300 gamer, more likely to retire than not, I reckon we should go after him as a midfield coach. Loves the way he goes about his football and I think it's worth getting his knowledge into our midfielders.

What I learned yesterday is that if you are prepared to work hard, success will follow. Sydney don't have bona fide superstars - we barely say a word here in Victoria - but they have got to where they are just off hard work, no superstar acts, just working for each other and the team. They've got premiership medals out of Mike Pyke and Mitch Morton - people thought they were duds. They played the game of their lives yesterday.

Would like to see Bolton coaching the midfield rather than good old royal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back